Login

russian armor

LeFH Counter Battery

12 Jul 2015, 12:55 PM

When was the last time you wiped ml20 or killed katy with grw?

Iv saved my MP by going GrW to kill enemy infantry and just killed Kat's the normal way using CAS, Stuka bombing, ect.
12 Jul 2015, 13:04 PM

Iv saved my MP by going GrW to kill enemy infantry and just killed Kat's the normal way using CAS, Stuka bombing, ect.

I belive you spend more than 240 when you think about reinforcering during whole game+ammo costs so it's not cheaper at all.
12 Jul 2015, 16:10 PM

Wait I'm confused, I'm hearing complaints about LeFH doctrines - what's wrong with mechanized? Talking 2v2 here.

Grenadiers in halftrack - okay this is probably overpriced for what it is, but sometimes it has uses, and you can always just avoid it (one bad ability does not make a bad doctrine)

Stuka smoke bombs - it doesn't instantly save your tanks from horrible decisions the way panzer tactician does, but it's basically the exact same thing as Sherman smoke but does NOT require a tank in the area, or that tank to stop moving to fire it, so it's better than that at least, and like Sherman smoke, with a little foresight you can use it to cover your retreat tanks from Jacksons or AT guns or whatever right?

Spotting scopes - this are actually fairly awesome aren't they? Self-spotting STUGs with target weak point are pretty mean against tanks and the extra sight is also nice for mortars and such and generally just knowing what's going to happen. Plus you can get a 222 that basically maphacks.

Command tank - it's not a game changer but it's a decent anti-infantry tank and in team games it can buff a lot of tanks - in a big armor push, with another P4, a STUG, and a Panther or two, that bonus goes a long way, at least I think.

LeFH - kinda in question in this thread, but I'm gathering it's okay at least.

12 Jul 2015, 16:56 PM
Donator 33

Stuka smoke bombs - it doesn't instantly save your tanks from horrible decisions the way panzer tactician does, but it's basically the exact same thing as Sherman smoke but does NOT require a tank in the area, or that tank to stop moving to fire it, so it's better than that at least, and like Sherman smoke, with a little foresight you can use it to cover your retreat tanks from Jacksons or AT guns or whatever right?

StephenJF uses stuka smoke bombs for super cheap recon, it costs 40mun and the plane basically gives you vision during its bombing run, just a little tip :P
12 Jul 2015, 17:06 PM

Wait I'm confused, I'm hearing complaints about LeFH doctrines - what's wrong with mechanized? Talking 2v2 here.

Grenadiers in halftrack - okay this is probably overpriced for what it is, but sometimes it has uses, and you can always just avoid it (one bad ability does not make a bad doctrine)

Spotting scopes - this are actually fairly awesome aren't they? Self-spotting STUGs with target weak point are pretty mean against tanks and the extra sight is also nice for mortars and such and generally just knowing what's going to happen. Plus you can get a 222 that basically maphacks.

Command tank - it's not a game changer but it's a decent anti-infantry tank and in team games it can buff a lot of tanks - in a big armor push, with another P4, a STUG, and a Panther or two, that bonus goes a long way, at least I think.

LeFH - kinda in question in this thread, but I'm gathering it's okay at least.

I really want find a use for this commander, but it requires mechanized grenadiers to not require the fuel cost from the ride from Berlin, and yeah, Lefh needs to be better.

Spotting scopes stugs + command panther...
12 Jul 2015, 17:09 PM

Maybe it's a play style difference? I always play 2v2 with an OKW ally, so as Ostheer, my main concern is just to build up a big force of medium tanks to support the heavier OKW armor. So a P4 command tank + STUGs and P4s with spotting scopes fits what I need.

The LeFH having at least some use would still help a lot, of course, and that's why I started this thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★