Login

russian armor

Current European Situation Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
9 Jul 2015, 15:59 PM

I generally agree that in the current crisis, Nuclear Weapons would have helped little in military terms. I also agree that Ukraine lacked a proper conventional army that was capable of sending conventional forces to Crimea, or even a chain of command to control the forces that were garrisoned in Crimea.

I remember seeing a few videos of Ukrainian officers, who were using youtube videos in an attempt to contact their commanders in Kiev.

This sort of command structure would, among other things, be simply unable to use nukes even if they had them. Likely they would have fallen into the hands of the Rebels, depending on where they were stationed.

But on the other hand, I still also believe nukes to be a strong deterrent. Even the 0.00001% chance that some Ukranian maniac might set off a nuke, either through an act of terrorism or insanity in parliament, would seriously deter Russian intervention.

There is also the 'prestige' factor of having a nuclear weapon, in the same way that China is trying to get a functional aircraft carrier over 70 years after the end of WW2, when the USA had 132(?) aircraft carriers at Leyte Gulf. Invading a country with a nuke is like invading a country that is currently holding the Olympic Games. It may not actually act as a military deterrent, but it's just something you don't do.

Meanwhile, Greece is looking like a nice holiday destination this summer.
9 Jul 2015, 16:48 PM

is this /pol/ now?
9 Jul 2015, 22:52 PM
Patrion 14

Ukraine was told that if they give up their nukes they would be under the protection of the USA et al. What a bunch of bull shit when the pushing came to shoving and then bullets started flying. Ukraine gave away their teeth and claws and now the bear is smashing them on the rocks. Long live the bear, at least it still knows what teeth and claws are for!

pff. with world war 3 more possible than ever before, de-escalation is only thing that matters.

i don't know about you, but i would like to live to see coh 10.
10 Jul 2015, 00:19 AM

pff. with world war 3 more possible than ever before, de-escalation is only thing that matters.

The only thing that the criminally minded frequently respect is physical force, and they typically wont stop until it is greater than they are.

Appeasement has worked real well with every strong man it has ever come into contact with. For example, Saddam didn't stop his invasion with threats of war, but it took actual war to stop him. Hitler didn't stop with Poland, but significant multi-national force being applied to him. The same will probably be the case with Putin.

Putin is slowly rebuilding Russia. I doubt that it stops with the Ukraine, and why should it if no one is willing to stand with them against the Soviet bear. The only question is who's next?

So, No to the appeasement philosophy.

10 Jul 2015, 00:33 AM
Patrion 14

The only thing that the criminally minded frequently respect is physical force, and they typically wont stop until it is greater than they are.

Appeasement has worked real well with every strong man it has ever come into contact with. For example, Saddam didn't stop his invasion with threats of war, but it took actual war to stop him. Hitler didn't stop with Poland, but significant multi-national force being applied to him. The same will probably be the case with Putin.

Putin is slowly rebuilding Russia. I doubt that it stops with the Ukraine, and why should it if no one is willing to stand with them against the Soviet bear. The only question is who's next?

So, No to the appeasement philosophy.

sorry i meant to say de-escalation not de-escalation via one sided capitulation. oh wait. i did say the former.

yea. putin is gonna build back the ussr will low oil price and weak rubles.
10 Jul 2015, 00:33 AM

Permanently Banned
Better focus on TTIP and ISDS. Gives multi nationals god like rights and puts them above regional and national and international law systems.

USA is controlled by zionist bankers, FED reserve controles the Military and CIA and Mossad funded terrorism is keeping the people instowed with fear and thus keeping them at bay

Russia isn't the problem here, it is the mindless media propaganda under zionist control that keeps America pretty much stupid and keeps it in the situation where it can be used as a medium for power vacuums in the middle east and oppertunities for agencies to create more things like ISIS.
10 Jul 2015, 00:57 AM

Who knows, maybe CoH 10 will get a Donbass War expansion pack? (I think giving the Russian faction the ability to camo all of their units without vet is pretty cheeky though)

But yes, I think we'd all be wise to try and work things out as best we can. If we're fighting World War 3, it should be fought in Antarctica to secure the alien technology buried in the ice, with lasers and zeppelins.
10 Jul 2015, 00:59 AM

Better focus on TTIP and ISDS. Gives multi nationals god like rights and puts them above regional and national and international law systems.

USA is controlled by zionist bankers, FED reserve controles the Military and CIA and Mossad funded terrorism is keeping the people instowed with fear and thus keeping them at bay

Russia isn't the problem here, it is the mindless media propaganda under zionist control that keeps America pretty much stupid and keeps it in the situation where it can be used as a medium for power vacuums in the middle east and oppertunities for agencies to create more things like ISIS.

Somehow, I think Russia's ironic decline into pseudo-fascism might have something to do with it.

10 Jul 2015, 04:31 AM

Gotta love how Zionist bankers and ISIS are related to the current european situation
10 Jul 2015, 06:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 04:31 AMdpfarce
Gotta love how Zionist bankers and ISIS are related to the current european situation

maybe not ISIS , yet . But Zionist bankers for sure are related .
10 Jul 2015, 06:57 AM

Wonder how WWII were look under such circumstances. 'Oh no, der iz no mah troops in Polen, they just went and lost on their territory'
10 Jul 2015, 07:04 AM

"Zionist bankers" Hehe babbys first conspiracy theory. Soon you'll become 9/11 truthers and start seeing an alien reptile invasion :P
10 Jul 2015, 10:56 AM

Permanently Banned
"Zionist bankers" Hehe babbys first conspiracy theory. Soon you'll become 9/11 truthers and start seeing an alien reptile invasion :P

If you have any sense of reality and brain capacity, you know the 'official' 9/11 story is a fable and zionist bankers indeed rule the world. If you refuse to see it, that is fine, you will do nicely in the next order that is taking shape right now.

With TTIP negotiations and the ISDS part of the translatlantic trade act, multi nationals will now be able to stand above European countries's laws. Europe is getting more and more Americanised and being pushed away from Russia and the middle East. Constant fear of 'Terrorist attacks' that always seem to come at the most optimal time right before an important meeting or congres (and when investigated always linked to some agency), keeps further towing down our civil rights and oppertunities. The freedom act now has a brother in France (don't know the specific name), one that can also imprison you without evidince, just because a government claims you to be related to or trying to act in terrorism. Many more countries are now considering these kind of acts, next to their already excisting approval of mass espionage on their populations.

People always claim one to be mad just because you go against any official story a government claims. 9/11 is the perfect example of this. As soon as you raise a slither of doubt surrounding the 'official' story, you are considered a fool, a fool with no grip of reality. But let me tell you, a conspiracy is A theory that explains an event as being the result of a plot by a covert group or organization; a belief that a particular unexplained even was caused by such a group. Now tell me, what is the most outrageous conspiracy theory you have ever heard? Mine is something like this:

19 muslims fanatics somehow bypassed the US 40 billion dollar defense system, hijacking 4 planes simultaneously, shutting their transponders off at almost the exact same time and were totally lost from FAA radar, sattelite radar and NORAD radar, made their way into New York and crashed into two prominent landmarks, after which another one crashed into the pentagon (the most defended building in the world), and then another one crashed in a field in pennsylvania. All of this was achieved under the direction of a Muslim clerk hiding in a cave in Afghanistan with a laptop.

This is what we are supposed to believe as the official story of 9/11. Knowing that about 70-75 % of the world believes this, gives me little to no hope for Europe, let alone the world. We face a new danger, one of the elite trying to rule us all. The Fema camps are already being put up and people watch Fox News etc knowning nothing about reality, let alone the things happening right under their noses in plain sight.

@ mods, no flame intended, purely educational.
10 Jul 2015, 11:00 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 06:34 AMafrrs

maybe not ISIS , yet . But Zionist bankers for sure are related .

ISIS is, ISIS is the handy tool that can further break down the European peoples civil rights. Just like the 'Freedom act' did in the US. We now see the same thing happening in Europe as it did in early 2000s USA. Everything that is being dimmed down by the European commission or National European Governments is linked to terrorism or ISIS inflitrations etc etc. This happened in the USA as well, but then they used 9/11 as an excuse for every tow down of civil rights and their invasion spree in the early 2000s.

We know governments lie just to get their way: Tonkin Bay resolution, 2003 USA invasion of Iraq (nuclear weapons for sure, oh wait there weren't any). Ukraine did it as well, soon after the MH 17 plane catastrophy, they claimed Russia was behind it. They got US support and now have more US advisors and soon some US troops on their soil. Coincidence? I think not.

Even my own country did it, The Netherlands, during ww1. The newspapers (media under state control) spread articles about German Soldiers burning children alive and throwing babies from hills and in rivers. The population then was rallied behind a weapon deal that supplied ammunition and weapons and some aircraft to the allied forces, which resulted in huge sums of money. Only one company refused to take part, that was Fokker aircraft designer. He kept sending aircraft to Germany. His contracts with the government stopped after ww1. Only right before ww2 did they again 'need' him.
10 Jul 2015, 11:36 AM

I have found my new favorit crazy person on this site. I love it.

Edit: Seriously dude save yourself the embaressment and simply google "What ever conspiracy theory you have" + debunking. It often takes people 15 minutes to debunk all those crazy theories.
10 Jul 2015, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 00:33 AMpigsoup

sorry i meant to say de-escalation not de-escalation via one sided capitulation. oh wait. i did say the former.

yea. putin is gonna build back the ussr will low oil price and weak rubles.

Do what? You one of those ESL people?
10 Jul 2015, 12:41 PM

I have found my new favorit crazy person on this site. I love it.

Edit: Seriously dude save yourself the embaressment and simply google "What ever conspiracy theory you have" + debunking. It often takes people 15 minutes to debunk all those crazy theories.

Somen, judge not least ye be judged. Your logic is rusty at best, and your wit dull for sure. Think I just judged you.
10 Jul 2015, 12:46 PM

Your logic is rusty at best,

I will always try to improve my thinking, please point it out, preferably in a PM but I guess here is fine. And i'll try to improve.

edit, what i mean is provide an example where it is flawed.
10 Jul 2015, 12:47 PM

10 Jul 2015, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2015, 12:47 PMwuff

Volkblobs can't melt steel beams! Clementine, get the kids to the fallout shelter and get 'em to put on their tinfoil hats, the gubbermint and loominarty are comin' for 'em! Damn commie zionists!

But yes. The dichotomous situation in Europe is potentially dangerous, but, also quite interesting from an objective political study viewpoint. This is the hottest Europe has gotten since 1991. Will be (somewhat) interested to see how this plays out in accordance with other historical trends.

On the bright side, I'm on the other side of the world, on an island with such a stringent no-boats policy that the government are nuking kids in canoes, so, I'm probably safe.
Maybe.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight