Login

russian armor

1v1 automatch maps

22 Nov 2012, 09:44 AM

As most have probably noticed, since the unexpected server update Flooded Plains has been added to the map list, which is probably due to the server resetting itself.
However, how come neither Duclair or Egleton is ever put into the rotation? I realize that Egleton is Wehr favored, but so is Wrecked Train and, despite that it is still being played. After all, Egleton won a recent map contest so it can't be half bad. Duclair 1v1 I haven't played on enough, but if it plays anything like its 2v2 iteration, than it definitely deserves to be part of the list. In any case, I don't understand why Relic doesn't add these 2 maps, while enabling the ability to deselect 3-4 maps, as it would help coh's longevity, without upsetting some strongly opinionated players. On the other hand, I doubt anyone would mind it if Beaux Lowlands were to be replaced...

P.S. Wtf is Etavaux doing in 2v2 list? :P
22 Nov 2012, 19:42 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Its not a bad idea to add new proven maps to the coh1 rotation, but anything that would take resources away from COH2 just isnt important.
22 Nov 2012, 20:41 PM

I don't get it myself. Why the hell no bigger map choice with 4 or unlimited unchecks?!

Shouldn't eat too much resources.

Greets
Schepp himself
22 Nov 2012, 21:16 PM

Hopefully more choice in CoH2. We shall soon find out.
23 Nov 2012, 14:46 PM

easy answer to the question: after server reset, the old maplists are loaded. these haven't been updated in a long time. so every time server resets, this maplist (and chat-channel list too, for those who wondered why the coh2.org chat channel disappeared) gets loaded.
23 Nov 2012, 17:46 PM

Its not a bad idea to add new proven maps to the coh1 rotation, but anything that would take resources away from COH2 just isn't important.
Yeah, it'd definitely be nice if Argentan Crossroads were to be added, but I'm talking about Egleton and Duclair, which that are already incorporated into patch 2.602, so it wouldn't require any additional resources to add them to the automatch list.

My question is simple: why aren't they in?
23 Nov 2012, 18:15 PM

My question is simple: why aren't they in?

i answered your question already
23 Nov 2012, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2012, 18:15 PMcr4wler

i answered your question already

Afaik, Duclair and Egleton haven't been part of the list since 2.602's release, so no you haven't...
23 Nov 2012, 18:39 PM

Afaik, Duclair and Egleton haven't been part of the list since 2.602's release, so no you haven't...

that's EXACTLY what i was saying.... they're not on the list.
23 Nov 2012, 18:45 PM

who wants to play 1v1 duclair anyways...
23 Nov 2012, 19:08 PM

who wants to play 1v1 duclair anyways...

Haven't tried it enough to know whether it's good or not. More maps would add variation, and seeing as Duclair is made by UncleSam and Egleton is a tournament winning map, I thought they'd best suited.

@Crawler: "However, how come neither Duclair or Egleton is ever put into the rotation?" I suggest you should reread my initial post. ;)
23 Nov 2012, 19:19 PM
Honorary Member Badge

They had issues with implementing Duclair 1v1 into the automatch rotation. This was because the name Duclair (2v2) was already in automatch.. Gave some weird issues appareantly. Egletons was in rotation for a while. That map had terrible balance though. It was unticked by many players and eventually taken out of rotation and never brought back in.
23 Nov 2012, 19:43 PM

They had issues with implementing Duclair 1v1 into the automatch rotation. This was because the name Duclair (2v2) was already in automatch.. Gave some weird issues appareantly. Egletons was in rotation for a while. That map had terrible balance though. It was unticked by many players and eventually taken out of rotation and never brought back in.

Thanks, mate! Just the kind of answer I was looking for. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★