Login

russian armor

new patch impression

PAGES (9)down
25 Jun 2015, 20:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Staff have had to invis some NDA stuff here.. and I found another.. please don't make our lives too difficult, guys?

Back to topic
25 Jun 2015, 20:20 PM
Patrion 15

The "reward" for flanking an HMG is that you render it useless (it will have to re-position) giving you time to push.

Even if you don't manage to wipe it, flanking an HMG is better than getting suppressed and having to retreat :D

Thanks for explaining the game to me, i'll play better nao.
25 Jun 2015, 20:28 PM
Donator 33

Thanks for explaining the game to me, i'll play better nao.

NP m8 :foreveralone:
26 Jun 2015, 02:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 17:33 PMKatitof

If it works as it did in alpha(which is safe assumption) then all I have to say is that oshterlitz just whines as usual without any base.

Base?Please enlighten me what to use against a defended katyusha.Unless he is badly careless and doesn't move after recon run and u have CAS you have very little options except suicide raids.
Your own artillery is so shit its like a spark fighting a flame.You are trash talking as usual without playing the game.
26 Jun 2015, 07:41 AM

Base?Please enlighten me what to use against a defended katyusha.

A brain to not stay in the same place for next 30 seconds after the first barrage.

Your own artillery is so shit its like a spark fighting a flame.

Since I never was a Tigorspamzor meta fan I have often used mechanized doctrine for spotting scopes and le.F.H. Its not IWIN button, but it won't have any problems dealing with 120mm or katys.

You may live in denial, but you won't change the fact that it does work.

You are trash talking as usual without playing the game.

Well, you are whining as usual without learning to play.
26 Jun 2015, 07:45 AM

After using the Katyusha several times today the creeping barrage needs a cost increase, it's brutally, brutally good on an already cheap unit.
26 Jun 2015, 07:56 AM

I am absolutely loving the SU76 buffs. They're deadly in numbers and the barrage is nice vs all the MG42s we're seeing after the patch. I'm really struggling to find a reason to build the SU85. It just feels so slow and immobile compared to the 76.
26 Jun 2015, 08:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 07:41 AMKatitof

Since I never was a Tigorspamzor meta fan

That is why you probably sucked hard with ostheer. Every patch / period has its best tactics and you only need the brains you state you have to figure this out. Untill now "TIGOR spam" was one of THE BEST tactics that you could use with Ostheer. Not the case anymore, and not needed so hard anymore. But you have to live in the real world and to play the faction in order to understand what it's apropriate at a time.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 07:41 AMKatitof

I have often used mechanized doctrine for spotting scopes and le.F.H.

26 Jun 2015, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 07:56 AMCabreza
I am absolutely loving the SU76 buffs. They're deadly in numbers and the barrage is nice vs all the MG42s we're seeing after the patch. I'm really struggling to find a reason to build the SU85. It just feels so slow and immobile compared to the 76.

Yeah the ZiS Gun pen of the SU-76 really makes the SU-85 look just expensive and unwieldy for what it does.
26 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 14:55 PMNapalm
My initial impressions is that the MG change brought us back to launch date in terms of balance of them. While this change may have been necessary for blob control it is going to solidify Axis superiority in narrow maps. Nearly all Soviet indirect fire has been nerfed and they lack smoke (except for Shock Troops). Interesting times a head.

^ This is exactly why Axis support teams will be that much better now, I just think Axis will truly be a absolute turtle faction until Panthers.
26 Jun 2015, 18:20 PM

Fun! Fun! Good patch.
26 Jun 2015, 18:35 PM

Yeah the decision to not include the changes were medium call in's were tied to teching is really odd considering they admitted call in's were a problem with heavies.

Also Lemon I think the issue people are having against Guard Motor and Rifle Company is the combination of abilities, not single ones by themselves.

MG's shut down guards, yes, but 120's shut down MG's. MG's shut down riflemen, but smoke and white phos shut down MG's. Icing on the cake is mark vehicle and non-exploding high AoE flamer rifles.

Then of course you have the added later punch of call in's, simply put: there is zero downside to going these commanders because there is no trade off, no disadvantage.

Dude, Soviet mortars (hard counter for MGs and Paks) got nerfed to bat shit. How can you still complain about Guards mortar and T-34 call ins? The Stug with Pak walls is damn amazing. Without precision strike, Soviet mortars accuracy is garbage honestly.
26 Jun 2015, 18:40 PM

Dude, Soviet mortars (hard counter for MGs and Paks) got nerfed to bat shit. How can you still complain about Guards mortar and T-34 call ins? The Stug with Pak walls is damn amazing. Without precision strike, Soviet mortars accuracy is garbage honestly.

Soviet Mortars are the most accurate in the game so I have no idea what your talking about. The only direct nerf that was given was the reduction to 80 damage for the 120 and it's still a beast.

Flares provide a shitload of synergy with infantry pushes.
26 Jun 2015, 18:47 PM

Soviet Mortars are the most accurate in the game so I have no idea what your talking about. The only direct nerf that was given was the reduction to 80 damage for the 120 and it's still a beast.

Flares provide a shitload of synergy with infantry pushes.

We've told this to you 1000 times and you're still standing firm by your bullshit.

Priceless.

Soviet and ost mortars have EXACTLY THE SAME ACCURACY.

Only BARRAGE of soviet mortar is more accurate.

Other then that its 300% slower RoF.
26 Jun 2015, 18:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 18:47 PMKatitof

We've told this to you 1000 times and you're still standing firm by your bullshit.

Priceless.

Soviet and ost mortars have EXACTLY THE SAME ACCURACY.

Only BARRAGE of soviet mortar is more accurate.

Other then that its 300% slower RoF.

The barrage of the Soviet Mortar has no cool down, so uh, it functionally always is more accurate. But I admire your dedication to nitpicking.

IIRC the 120 fires as fast as the Ost mortar does with it's barrage after the first shell.
26 Jun 2015, 18:58 PM

Permanently Banned

The barrage of the Soviet Mortar has no cool down, so uh, it functionally always is more accurate. But I admire your dedication to nitpicking.

IIRC the 120 fires as fast as the Ost mortar does with it's barrage after the first shell.

Do you ever get tiered of lying?

Honestly, u spread false information more than anyone else. then when You get called out you; move the goal post, or stand firm on your lie.

ost mortar has fastest ROF. period
26 Jun 2015, 19:03 PM

Do you ever get tiered of lying?

Honestly, u spread false information more than anyone else. then when You get called out you; move the goal post, or stand firm on your lie.

ost mortar has fastest ROF. period

Yes the Ost mortar has the best ROF of any mortar in the game (except the mortar HT which has the same). But the Soviet mortar is more accurate in it's barrage (which is what you should always be using, keeping mortars on auto fire is dumb).

The Soviet Mortar should probably have a better ROF, that's unquestionable.

The 120? It's still excellent, and the ROF on it's barrage works like this; takes a bit to fire the first shell but all the ones after land in quick succession.
26 Jun 2015, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Basically if both soviet and ost mortars were the same, the edge would go to the soviets. I really see no issues with the 120 and 82mm mortar now. What are we arguing here?
26 Jun 2015, 19:08 PM

Basically if both soviet and ost mortars were the same, the edge would go to the soviets. I really see no issues with the 120 and 82mm mortar now. What are we arguing here?

I guess that maybe the 82mm should have a better ROF? Really Iv found great use for it lately with the new flares because it allows me to have tons of recon and having sight makes it even more accurate.

27 Jun 2015, 22:26 PM
Donator 11

Played for two days with the new patch. Nope, balance still sucks, axis are better, new katyusha sucks compared to stukazufuss, su76 does not deliver, axis hmg OP, t34 never been spotted, 120mm mortar does not cut it, soviet cons still suck and are totally useless with buffed german hmg. I am out of here untill the next patch. COH2 is crap now, patch sucks
PAGES (9)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS