Login

russian armor

CoH2 maps pick system

23 Jun 2015, 20:28 PM

Sometimes i wish that you could just pick the maps you want to play instead of vetoing maps. It would also encourage a more positive mindset when you go into your game.

For example: you have to pick a minimum of 3 maps before you can play automatch for rank. Next to this a casual game mode would also be really cool. So people could just play games without being worried about their rank. In which they could also experiment with different tactics and commanders.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm fine with the way things roll now. I just wanted to share this with you guys and ask about your opinions.

I don't think this would be doable because the player pool just isn't large enough and then there's the discussion about only picking the maps in your factions favour.

In case this has already been brought up once, I apoligize in advance :)
23 Jun 2015, 20:37 PM

The map system is fine, u have to play on maps u dont like too.

And the casual gamemode is a great idea if u dont have friends to play with!!!!
23 Jun 2015, 20:40 PM

I have to say; in my opinion there are too many maps avialable for automatch. I would like to see relic scanning for maps getting "vetoed" the most times and removing those for automatch. So they can focus on optimizing the rest and make them better (in some cases less frustrating i guess). :)
23 Jun 2015, 21:15 PM

The problem with getting rid of maps that get vetoed is that there would probably be very few snow maps left to play, and that would hurt their feelings. They put all this effort into a silly ass snow system that COH1 did not have, and few feel that it added anything good to the game. Anyway - that is one reason why they don't get rid of the most vetoed maps.

Another reason, is that COH maps are so much better than COH2 maps. Again another fail on their part. Langres, Angoville, and Semois blow away these silly ass COH2 maps. lol - they couldnt get much right with COH2.

On another point, I am getting stuck playing the same damn maps over and over again with a frequency that makes me believe that it is not random. No way is getting the same map 3 times in a row with some frequency random. Wonder what the true system they use is.

23 Jun 2015, 21:26 PM

Best way to do its to have "seasons" and map packs for every season. then cycle.
23 Jun 2015, 21:30 PM

This wouldn't work in coh 2 because of many reasons.

The bigguest issue with this is that the maps are horribly unbalanced. How to be top 1 as allies

play only on stalingrad :snfPeter:

how to never lose as axis

Play on langres every single game :snfPeter:
17 Jul 2015, 02:17 AM

Sometimes i wish that you could just pick the maps you want to play instead of vetoing maps. It would also encourage a more positive mindset when you go into your game.

For example: you have to pick a minimum of 3 maps before you can play automatch for rank. Next to this a casual game mode would also be really cool. So people could just play games without being worried about their rank. In which they could also experiment with different tactics and commanders.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm fine with the way things roll now. I just wanted to share this with you guys and ask about your opinions.

I don't think this would be doable because the player pool just isn't large enough and then there's the discussion about only picking the maps in your factions favour.

In case this has already been brought up once, I apoligize in advance :)

SUCK IT UP AND PLAY MAPS lol jk, yeah seems like they spent too much time developing blizzards so didn't want to take them out of competitive because it would hurt the blizzard guy at the offices feelings. But yeah i agree that it takes to long to get a game already so cant change the veto/casual system
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★