Login

russian armor

USF idea for redesign

23 Jun 2015, 11:28 AM

Disclaimer: I’m not trying to make USF more powerful or to fil obvious downsides of the faction, I’m just trying to see if it is possible to make the faction more interesting to play.
I sure this design will never be implemented anytime soon or later so do not worry about it being OP, I sincerely guess it is not and I hope you share this thought after reading.

I really like USF faction but it is probably because I really like US faction from old vCoh. I have use many of my playtime recently to play 1vs1 and try to not go usual meta. Less riflesspam, using different strategies etc… And let be honest, I didn’t succeed, I had a large series of defeat this week-end until I finally gave up and come back to something more usual.
It has been a bit frustrating, I played a lot with HMGs, packs, tried to delay BARs etc… and it doesn’t really works, I have been sometime punished really hard.

So I came finally to imagine what could be done to change the USF meta after all. Not to get the faction stronger or weaker.
The tech structure presented below, I have just one concern about it, maybe a lack of amo sink. If someone has an idea about it.

I have design this tech structure with a mix of the next patch in mind, vcoh US tech structure and my experience from the Alpha. I’m not adding any new unit, not changing any weapon or armor statistic, just replacing and repricing some units/upgrades. I put prices when I change them, otherwise they are the same as today.

Tech structure:
T0 units: RE, Rifles, ambulance, ATgun (requires T1 or T2 to unlock), Pack Howitzer (requires T1 or T2 to unlock).
T0 upgrades: Grenades (Grenade ability munitions cost increase to 45 ammo), Bazookas cost the same mp/fuel to unlock but is now only an upgrade available on RE squads, 2x60 amo bazooka upgrade.

T1 units: Lieutenant (200mp/50fu),M20, HMG.50
T1 Upgrade: BAR (150 mp/40fu), automatically equip 1 BAR rifle to all riflesquads

T2 units : Captain (200mp/60fu), Stuart, Half-track (360mp 40fu), basic halftrack is mounted with .50 HMG, 37mm auto-canon upgrade for 120 amo.
T2 upgrade: BAR (150mp/40fu), automatically equip a 1 BAR rifle to all riflesquads

T3 units: Major (200mp/90fu), Sherman 76mm, M36 Jackson, M1A8 Scott.

Grenade amo cost increase to 45, increased as you are not paying anymore amo for BARs.
M20 fuel cost: 50+20 remains the same.
Halftrack fuel cost: 60+40, around same price as today but less direct impact until 37mm is mounted.
BARs fuel Cost: 50+40 for 1 BAR per squad. I think the tradeoff is quite balance, fuel cost has been increased to 90 for only 1 BAR per squad. You have to add 60+40= 100fu more to get full BARs to all your squads, so 190 fuel in total. Double BAR is still a really powerful capability for USF faction.
BAR also requires now both T1 and T2 to be fully unlocked. If you decide to go that way first, T3 will be delayed farther, here again I think it is an interesting strategic choice. It also “force” you to backtech if you go T1-T3 or T2-T3 to get full BAR upgrades.
Captain cost is decreased to let the player having the option to get this tier first. The tier is still by far more expensive than T1, you need fuel for any of its units or upgrade.

Recap:
T0, adding Pack and ATgun gives USF more flexibility in the strategy, to break T1+Zook or T2+Bars meta.
T1, Something I liked in vCoh was the “BARs or M8 first”, I try to reproduce it here, BARs or M20 first, both are important but 1 will delay the second farther.
T2 is about medium units. The halftrack is available at the same time as today but going halftrack first delay your BARs far more longer. Reducing Captain fuel price also give the Stuart a better room to play. It is still more expensive than the halftrack, delay farther your BARs. Here again a strategic choice to counter some early light vehicles.
T3 remains the same, I don’t think it need some changes. It is already delayed by the BAR increased fuel price and since in the next patch support weapons cannot be destroyed if their servants aren’t killed before ATguns will become more viable, Atgun natural and usual counters heavy infantry will be soft countered by BARs. Only remains arty strikes as usual.

M1919: still available from a doctrine and from rack at the same cost, if BARs are already equipped it is automatically replaced (If you have 1 BAR equipped, 1st M1919 will replace it on the squad). M1919 and BARs cannot be equipped at the same time except if a weapon is picked-up on the ground.
23 Jun 2015, 13:36 PM

I had similar thoughts during the Alpha so I can't post the exact layout at the moment.

But the parts I can post.....

T0
Echelons
Rifles
M20 Unlocked with T1 or T2*

*The M20 allows you to have a scout whether you pick T1 or T2 as it can assist both.

T1
LT*
.50cal
Pack Howi*
Stuart*

*LT gets a slight fuel increase or Stuart gets a slight Fuel increase.
*Stuart moved to this tier to provide light AT play.
*Pack Howi moved to this tier to provide indirect fire for this tier.

T2
Captain*
AA HT*
AT Gun
Scott*

*Captain slight fuel decrease
*AA HT Provides suppression in this tier
*Scott is a light vehicle and provides indirect within this tier

T3 Requires T1 and T2
Major
Jackson
Sherman
*Heavy Infantry option addition of some description Cav riflemen or Rangers.

*May not need something like this but it would give the tier something else that might be useful.

Bare in mind this layout does not look quite right unless you where in the alpha and know about the other T0 and T3 change and all the other changes looked at and the reasoning behind them all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★