Login

russian armor

Paratrooper Timing

13 Jun 2015, 21:08 PM

It's hard timing paratroopers. They come late, cost a lot, and bleed MP until they get upgraded or vet. Normally by the time I reach 3 CP I have 3 Rifles, Lieutenant, M20, Pathfinder, and one RE. It's tough being able to afford more than one squad of Paratroopers, plus the mandatory AT gun.

Are there ways of stalling until 3 CP so I can afford a total Airborne army of 3 Paratroopers, one Pathfinder crewed AT gun, and of course vPathfinders without getting pushed off map early game?
13 Jun 2015, 21:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's hard timing paratroopers. They come late, cost a lot, and bleed MP until they get upgraded or vet. Normally by the time I reach 3 CP I have 3 Rifles, Lieutenant, M20, Pathfinder, and one RE. It's tough being able to afford more than one squad of Paratroopers, plus the mandatory AT gun.

Are there ways of stalling until 3 CP so I can afford a total Airborne army of 3 Paratroopers, one Pathfinder crewed AT gun, and of course vPathfinders without getting pushed off map early game?

in 1v1? not a chance.

unless your opponent is blind.

In team games...not including 2v2,Yes

just spam RE's and caches to hold ground and gain CP,and then spam paras and pathfinders. You wont have the MP for many tanks though.
13 Jun 2015, 21:45 PM

That's a bummer. Paras are my favorite unit and it sucks pretty much building one every 1 vs 1. ( unless I get sloppy and lose Rifles.)
13 Jun 2015, 21:54 PM

even in 4v4 its hard to get more then 2 para squads with a normal build order like 3 rifles, leutand or captain usw ...
13 Jun 2015, 23:23 PM

Just do not buy pathfinders. They suck.. Build 3 rifles, LT, M20, Paratroopers, Ambulance. No point spamming airborne troops, you find yourself losing after 20 minutes.
13 Jun 2015, 23:47 PM

paths are tough to use in a team game.

it would be map dependent, you'd have to piggyback onto a defensive soviet team mate, and wouldn't really be contributing until about 7minutes in, and overall if you land on one of those bleh defensively oriented maxim opening type teams you've had it. even if you can survive past 12 minutes your AB doesn't really provide you any late game equity.
14 Jun 2015, 02:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge

In team games...not including 2v2,Yes

If you don't mind your teammates hating you; or they are so good and the enemy is so bad it's irrelevant what you did.

Even in teams I usually go:

RIFLE x 3 + LT, Ambulance, Grenades, MAJ and coast into early tanks

Getting paras as well requires either:

Not losing figures and having the MP to get Paras (Doing very well)

OR

Losing squads and having the spare MP to get Paras (Doing very badly)

AND:

Not investing much in caches, positions, HMGs or any other vehicles
14 Jun 2015, 13:19 PM

Bummer. 3 Rifle it is, then.
14 Jun 2015, 16:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

You might be able to hurry the CPs along by building fighting positions and/or caches, as making them gives command XP.

one Pathfinder crewed AT gun

Kinda OT: You know they keep their upkeep and reinforce costs when they are on an AT gun, right? I get why you are doing it, but it seems like you would be better off using a different squad to provide vision for your AT gun than to have an ATG that can spot for itself but takes up 8 pop.
14 Jun 2015, 18:06 PM

I didn't know about the pop cap, actually. I'll still do this with IR Pathfinders, though.
17 Jun 2015, 04:10 AM

I didn't know about the pop cap, actually. I'll still do this with IR Pathfinders, though.

NO! I&R paths are the only reason to go recon, their arty is the absolute best, use RE squads, cheapest to reinforce!
17 Jun 2015, 04:13 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2015, 04:10 AMLatch

NO! I&R paths are the only reason to go recon, their arty is the absolute best, use RE squads, cheapest to reinforce!

Its not about the reinforce cost its about the AT gun spotting for itself or even spot for the supporting units around it. You shouldnt be reinforcing an AT gun that much anyway. The only concern is upkeep(the benefits are worth it)not reinforce cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★