Login

russian armor

Is it just me or are the Allies too spam heavy lately...

12 Jun 2015, 21:38 PM

When I play german I get overwhelmed by infantry early to mid game and even if I succeed in holding my ground my manpower has bled nearly to zero at which point the T34's, SU85's and sherman's appear and I have no resources to construct a viable AT force.

When I play Allies (usually soviets) I can just spam conscripts like there is no tommorow, literally wipe the grenadiers of the ostheer of the map and stand at the gates of their base in under 10 minutes of play. Essentially the same thing that happens when I play German...
And I was just using conscripts nothing else! no support spam, no mortars, no zis3, nothing of the sort. Just conscripts.

I mean, is it just me or is this a thing lately? It seems nearly impossible to stop an early game allied infantry rush and survive as a german player.

Or is it really just me?
12 Jun 2015, 21:44 PM
Patrion 14

It's not you, allies can surve early game with infantry alone, you the axis side need to tech like crazy in early game so you can stall for late game.
12 Jun 2015, 21:46 PM

It´s no secret that Soviet are pretty easy these days. Conscript spam into call ins is what this game is about. It´s damn relaxing and damn effective.

Damage reduction squad is incoming though. Mark my words.
12 Jun 2015, 22:12 PM

Fuck yes, I've faced bulldozer spam multiple times.
13 Jun 2015, 04:32 AM
Patrion 28

When I play german I get overwhelmed by infantry early to mid game and even if I succeed in holding my ground my manpower has bled nearly to zero at which point the T34's, SU85's and sherman's appear and I have no resources to construct a viable AT force.

When I play Allies (usually soviets) I can just spam conscripts like there is no tommorow, literally wipe the grenadiers of the ostheer of the map and stand at the gates of their base in under 10 minutes of play. Essentially the same thing that happens when I play German...
And I was just using conscripts nothing else! no support spam, no mortars, no zis3, nothing of the sort. Just conscripts.

I mean, is it just me or is this a thing lately? It seems nearly impossible to stop an early game allied infantry rush and survive as a german player.

Or is it really just me?

it's the level at which you play. a group of mixed grens/flamer pios/mg42s will generally beat the same mp in straight cons. that said, if you have 5 squads (mixed or not) and the enemy has 8 squads of straight cons or riflemen, they'll win. i've had problems with the latter a few times where i didn't realize how many squads the enemy had and never built more infantry. obviously i got run over.
13 Jun 2015, 08:31 AM

You have a force of Grens losing to Cons in the late game? Wow, this is bad.

-LMG42 Grens destroy Cons.

-Mortars destroy Maxims.

-Panzgrens defend your Mortars and Paks.

-Paks destroy tanks.

-Tiger destroys everything.

13 Jun 2015, 08:35 AM

You have a force of Grens losing to Cons in the late game? Wow, this is bad.

-LMG42 Grens destroy Cons.

-Mortars destroy Maxims.

-Panzgrens defend your Mortars and Paks.

-Paks destroy tanks.

-Tiger destroys everything.

- Not when they're outnumbered (which they usually are.)
- Tigers are destroyed by the Jackson.

gooday.
13 Jun 2015, 08:42 AM

I cannot remember when it has been different to be honest. This game was always full of spam.
13 Jun 2015, 08:46 AM

How are they outnumbered if they cost the same amount, or cheaper in the case of Riflemen? I'm curious.

And Tiger pushes USF back while Pak does damage. Tiger MP bleed, Grens advance while mopping up, Pak on over watch. If your that outnumbered late game you've lost units earlier, in which case it's l2p.
13 Jun 2015, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2015, 08:35 AMJason

- Not when they're outnumbered (which they usually are.)
- Tigers are destroyed by the Jackson.

gooday.

I did not know that Su could make Jacksons. And in any case, Pak would destroy Jacksons.
13 Jun 2015, 10:42 AM

Permanently Banned
How are they outnumbered if they cost the same amount, or cheaper in the case of Riflemen? I'm curious.

And Tiger pushes USF back while Pak does damage. Tiger MP bleed, Grens advance while mopping up, Pak on over watch. If your that outnumbered late game you've lost units earlier, in which case it's l2p.

You seem to have mastered the art of calling bullshit out as you see it

I like you
13 Jun 2015, 13:08 PM

Permanently Banned

you know, spending manpower on building t1, before you can make them. USF having the building to make riflemen from the get go, same with soviets, hq supplies the brave conscripts. So these factions can instantly produce their core infantry unit, ostheer can't, they need to build t1 for that.

As ostheer you are always behind from the first moment, yet if you play smart and get some early squadwipes you can turn it around. It is the part of playing smart that usually is something many players forget to utilize, so they will be outspammed all the time.

Agree with QueenRatchet 123, what you said makes no sense at all xd
13 Jun 2015, 13:10 PM

Permanently Banned

Agree with QueenRatchet 123, what you said makes no sense at all xd

he did make sense
13 Jun 2015, 13:29 PM

Because as you well know early game grens are easily beat by rifles and conscripts, thus the need for combined arms. Mortars, snipers, etc. USF and Soviets can just spam rifles and conscripts.

You're right, until the tiger gets sniped by the jackson hiding in the back.
13 Jun 2015, 13:37 PM

Permanently Banned

he did make sense

I referred to his first claim. Not his second. Btw, still waiting on your response in the other thread, you know, that well structured argument !
13 Jun 2015, 14:54 PM

The reason Riflemen>Grens is the fifth Riflemen. One sniper shot turns the engagement in your favor. Gren, Gren, Gren, Sniper, Gren. Hug green cover, beeline LMG42 and build a Scout Car to counter the M20 coming for your Sniper. If you can't do this, l2p.

Tiger sniped by Jackson? Poor play. Jack sons paper armor and no smoke mean it can't pursue to finish off armor. If you played USF you would realize that Jackson only beats Tiger if the army supporting Tiger retreats it isn't there.

@QueenRatchet, thanks. Playing 200> ranked 1 vs 1 as USF really lets me cut through Axis fanboy nonsense. I don't mind Axis fans though, as long as they don't suck.

13 Jun 2015, 16:16 PM

Permanently Banned
The reason Riflemen>Grens is the fifth Riflemen. One sniper shot turns the engagement in your favor. Gren, Gren, Gren, Sniper, Gren. Hug green cover, beeline LMG42 and build a Scout Car to counter the M20 coming for your Sniper. If you can't do this, l2p.

Tiger sniped by Jackson? Poor play. Jack sons paper armor and no smoke mean it can't pursue to finish off armor. If you played USF you would realize that Jackson only beats Tiger if the army supporting Tiger retreats it isn't there.

@QueenRatchet, thanks. Playing 200> ranked 1 vs 1 as USF really lets me cut through Axis fanboy nonsense. I don't mind Axis fans though, as long as they don't suck.

refreshing to encounter another voice of reason.

Add me on steam m8
13 Jun 2015, 16:33 PM

The voice of devil is whispering in BeefSurge's ears.
13 Jun 2015, 17:32 PM

Alright man sure.
13 Jun 2015, 18:37 PM

I think the problem Ostheer has against the USFs in 1v1s is that they require combined arms to defeat the more mobile US army. Rifles are excellent for capping the map while also fighting infantry and with zooks, tanks as well. The ostheer player can't control much of the map because it can't have mg 42s with infantry support and AT support everywhere at once. At the same time, one wrong move from the ostheer player can mean the game for him whereas for the US, they make a wrong move and can easily retreat before they lose any full squads. It not that the two armies are that unbalanced atm its just that ostheer needs to play a perfect game in order to win while the USFs can easily recover from their mistakes. I think this is mainly due to Ostheers reliance on support weapons that get decrewed and taken by the enemy for essentially free (just reinforcement costs). Anouther problem Ostheer has is RECREWING their lost support weapons. If they lose 1 man then they cant recrew the weapon without losing the whole squad.
That is why the Halftrack for ostheer is so vital. Without it you will have a hard time recrewing weapons on the field.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★