Login

russian armor

Sick of Russians

7 Jun 2013, 08:26 AM

-T34 Free ramming ability and T0 Flamer truck or sniper truck , heat seaking AT nades or fausts , almost every russian unit has a second abiltiy (atleast), 6 men crews + 2 men sniper squad and so on i personally dont like coh 2 beta in automatch when i get vs russians its always a fight vs T0 flamer or sniper truck i have stopped Making HMG as axis because no one goes for flank they just get T0 flamer and come behind your HMG. The worse part is where they put sniper in the truck and its ultimate IFV you can't even reach it with panzerfaust and even if you do since its a small car it gets repaired so fast and comes back before you have recharged your panzerfaust.

>Solution T34 (my idea): If T34 rams a tank it should only cause damage to the crew like driver injured crew got shocked or else no armor damage to the tank because i dont think if a ramming tank has more damage than an AT shot.

>Solution T0 russian Kangaroo carrier: Increase its cost or let it die with one panzerfaust shot.

>Solution heatseaking AT/Faust: Make it like COH1 sticky and faust the infantry should be in range and tank should be able to avoid being shot.

-The idea of making russian sniper 2 men is another thing which is so stupid i know one man scouts and one man snipes but there is no chance to counter snipe the russian sniper with axis sniper because once i kill the russian sniper the second man grabs his rifle and snipes me back instantly its just too stupid for an RTS game to be like this.
I never make snipers vs russians again because in each game i do they get rushed by atleast 2 scout cars loaded with sniper/Flamer. and second i dont see a point for making an sniper which costs 360 MP and has slow fire rate vs an army which has 6men crew it takes forever to shut down a weapon crew by sniper.

I never make snipers vs russians again because in each game i do they get rushed by atleast 2 scout cars loaded with sniper/Flamer. and second i dont see a point for making an sniper which costs 360 MP and has slow fire rate vs an army which has 6men crew it takes forever to shut down a weapon crew by sniper.

>Solution (my idea): make them one man or atleast if one of them gets sniped by axis sniper the remaining one should retreat to offmap like the last man of each crew.

-Guards Vehicle butt ability (the ultimate realistic feature) which if you even face your tank's end to them they can still butt it i wonder if there are any driver sights in back of the tank that they can block it by shooting it.

>Solution (my idea): Should be able to do it only if the tank is facing them
7 Jun 2013, 08:40 AM

1. Russian don't have Fausts, but i agree, the homing At nades (and Fausts of Germans) should not exist.
2. Clown cars are T1 not T0.
3. Have you ever tried to play against German Armor without ram? Much more annoying than ram.

Sniper balance is quite difficult, but you are not supposed to use a sniper to counter snipers in CoH2.
the Russian Sniper has 2 man squads but lower stats (fire-rate and accuracy) than german one.

guards button ability is the same as for the ram. It's already hard to fight german tanks as russian, so restricting Guards even more is not a good idea (seeing as they also are doctrinal units and not effective against infantry)
7 Jun 2013, 09:03 AM

1. Russian don't have Fausts, but i agree, the homing At nades (and Fausts of Germans) should not exist.
2. Clown cars are T1 not T0.
3. Have you ever tried to play against German Armor without ram? Much more annoying than ram.

Sniper balance is quite difficult, but you are not supposed to use a sniper to counter snipers in CoH2.
the Russian Sniper has 2 man squads but lower stats (fire-rate and accuracy) than german one.

guards button ability is the same as for the ram. It's already hard to fight german tanks as russian, so restricting Guards even more is not a good idea (seeing as they also are doctrinal units and not effective against infantry)

Pay attention i am saying heatseaking panzer faust and AT nade needs a change! its quiet stupid if i say remove heatseaking nades for russians and let axis have its heatseaking fausts.
Yea there are ways to fight axis armor use SU85 and anti tank guns + at nades. in VCOH u need M10 or M18 spam with AT guns + sticky bombs to take out axis armor. same in coh2 i easily could take out tigers with SU85s and you can find the replay here on this site. if they just buff the SU85 vs panthers we are good atleast its better than getting screwed by a free ram.
7 Jun 2013, 09:28 AM

T34 ram ability should be removed and replaced with overdrive ability

M3 HT should require additional other Tier building

Russian two sniper man should have two sniper rifles and 50% accuracy on each or even less and accuracy increase when veterancy gained, idea of retreating sniper to off-map is kinda gay

Agree with AT/faust thing
7 Jun 2013, 09:29 AM

Well, that you need to do that in VCOH is no reason to keep it.
That just shows that VCOH had the same balance mistake.
Investing more to take down something than the thing costs is a failure in game design.
Yes SU85 are half decent, but you need T4 to defeat Panzer IV, because in T3 there is nothing that can keep up with them.
And the AT guns are quite weak because they seem to have to low piercing for German armor.
People always say "combined arms work against Tanks" but always ignore the fact that germans will also have combined arms.
7 Jun 2013, 09:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Ostheer and Sov tier "ratings" are not comparable directly.
7 Jun 2013, 09:55 AM

soviet late game needs serious help, a german heavy armor rush will break any form of defensive line. AT guns are insufficient/unreliable/have low penetration, su85 loses to panthers who can fire back at the same range and these 2 are the best things soviet have to offer against deutsche stahl

AT guns need a buff against heavy armor. either in the form of AP rounds or a general buff. they are already extremely counter-able with artillery or well-timed infantry rushes

even in the early game, soviets are almost helpless if not for random tricks like scout cars. scout car flamers/snipers balances out the bullshit germans get for having superior mg42/mortar and superior infantry, for the same cost as soviet counterparts. on top of that, germans get all of them from the same building!

and on infantry, grenadiers comes almost as quickly and get better stock rifles than conscripts, get rifle grenades(buffed to levels of awesome) and panzerfaust for free. have a LMG firepower upgrade that pushes their dps to heaven. on top of that get more damage through vetting up. compared to this, soviets have to upgrade conscripts with abilties, no firepower upgrade for them means they remain shit the entire game, forcing soviets to rely on guards and shocktroopers to match german infantry and even so, an upgraded 240mp/60munition grenadier squad in cover can match 360mp/60munition of guards infantry.

to top it off, germans get superior clowncar in the form of flame HT. of course, i would very much prefer to see all these nonsense toned down.

lastly, german abilities are better! no alert offmap abilities, railway artillery, sector artillery constantly insta-wiping squads. recon runs for easy LOS for easy target acquisition for imba as fuck off maps.

i would like to see how other soviets are faring against all these deutsche faggotry. german loving relic needs to stop being so historically accurate and balance the game right. forgive me if i am harsh, im about done with this game.
7 Jun 2013, 10:10 AM

AT nade on panther and one AT gun is needed to kill panther, SU-85 has a good penetration, you probably think that some bounced shells on panther means it's a shit tank, wrong, panther is EZ to kill, it's just a measure of skill, play tutorial and you'll know how to kill panthers MVGame
7 Jun 2013, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2013, 09:55 AMwongtp
soviet late game needs serious help, a german heavy armor rush will break any form of defensive line. AT guns are insufficient/unreliable/have low penetration, su85 loses to panthers who can fire back at the same range and these 2 are the best things soviet have to offer against deutsche stahl

AT guns need a buff against heavy armor. either in the form of AP rounds or a general buff. they are already extremely counter-able with artillery or well-timed infantry rushes

even in the early game, soviets are almost helpless if not for random tricks like scout cars. scout car flamers/snipers balances out the bullshit germans get for having superior mg42/mortar and superior infantry, for the same cost as soviet counterparts. on top of that, germans get all of them from the same building!

to top it off, germans get superior clowncar in the form of flame HT. of course, i would very much prefer to see all these nonsense toned down.

lastly, german abilities are better! no alert offmap abilities, railway artillery, sector artillery constantly insta-wiping squads. recon runs for easy LOS for easy target acquisition for imba as fuck off maps.

i would like to see how other soviets are faring against all these deutsche faggotry. forgive me if i am harsh, im about done with this game.

I wish you had atleast played one game vs AI
7 Jun 2013, 10:16 AM

I wish you had atleast played one game vs AI

im talking 2v2 by the way. if it clears up any misunderstandings that germans have it harder on 1v1s. however, a 1 liner like that just shows how much understanding u have with the game, which is a laughable zero.
7 Jun 2013, 10:16 AM

From recent replays, the T34 ram isn't the 'I win' button it was. For instance, you need to hit the tank with the turret facing you to damage the gun I think (so the target should 'attack ground' 90 degrees off for example), and it is still possible to reverse the tank out of harms way to repair it once it's been hit. (With a Panther at any rate).

So: if Soviet player has rammed you with a T34 and has another T34 around and/or AT grenades/Zis, the you're most likely finished. If the Ostheer player has tank support around to prevent that, and has spotted the ram, then he's got a chance of making it out too.

The soviets don't have a lot of choices to counter German armour, so I think it should stay as it is. Maybe tone it down a bit, but not a great deal. It is a bit of a last ditch perhaps anyway.
7 Jun 2013, 10:35 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

T34 ram ability should be available with veterancy, so a fresh T34 wont disable your freshly out of t3 panzer4,ostwind or stug. But the way the vet works atm, vet1 gives special ability, so theres no real fear to loose a tank that hasnt gained any buffs(damage/recieved damage).

AT nades are broken atm, 100% sure it will be fixed.

t1 m3 halftracks: snipers should have a very low accuracy when moving.. right now you can avoid any enemy fire with good micro and take hotshots with ease.
Flamers in halftracks should do less damage, right now it almost insta gibbs a whole squad if you dont retreat before it starts shooting at you.
7 Jun 2013, 10:37 AM

I agree with a lot of that...

One point I'd like to make about combined arms. Combined arms don't win games, combined arms only allow you to compete and hold territory. What wins games? Shock units or a big push with one type of unit. For instance, the Flamenwurfer for Germans, or a massive T-84 rush, an M10 train in COH, a vetted Airborne blob, Vet Stukas, or uber-tanks.

Right now the problem late game is the Soviets need the combined arms but probably won't have the CP for the uber-tanks, which are actually quite good. By the time you get them, unless you've already dominated your opponent, they won't be that effective vs T4 armor, which is totally fine backed by Panzerwurfers, a lot of infantry. You actually even need T3 to ram and three SU-85s to take out a Panther. This is ok, if you can get past HIS infantry, but it still leaves the Soviets with no push unit, in my opinion, as you've had to sink too much into combined arms just to stay competitive.

7 Jun 2013, 10:44 AM

Ostheer and Sov tier "ratings" are not comparable directly.

I know that. Still it takes way more time to get to t4 than to get to t3 for germans.
In a balanced game, ofc. If you just skip 2 tiers to get a su85, okay, quite fast SU85 then (fuel might be an issue)
But if you want to push the small early advantage you have as russian, you can't really do that.
7 Jun 2013, 12:29 PM

From what I've heard, the ram ability is dodgeable, which imo makes it quite ok. I do agree, however, that it should only be available with vet 1. Furthermore, I think that heavy weapons, such as flamers and snipers, should only be able to fire out of a HT while it's stationary.

I also think that panzerfausts should only cause engine damage when the rear of a tank is hit and AT nades shouldn't be homing. Also, the animation should cancel if the target moves out of range, similarly to how it worked in coh1.
7 Jun 2013, 13:05 PM

another one, why PPHs cost only 20 ammo?! It's ridiculous for what they do.
7 Jun 2013, 14:13 PM

20 muni of ppsh is because concripts do not have alot of hp or that greta accuracy, HTD helps alot but makes them prime targets for nades
7 Jun 2013, 14:53 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Conscripts have just as much HP as every other infantry unit. Every unit in this game has the same amount of HP.
7 Jun 2013, 15:03 PM

I haven't played the open beta yet, but based on my experience in the recent server test I would say:

*The panther needs to be slowed way the hell down. it matches the t34 speed thus nullifying any advantage the t34 should have. I saved a replay where a panther gets messed up( near dead, can barely see any health but no engine crit ), turns to show his ass and starts running back to base. I had two healthy T34/85 tanks that not only couldnt close the gap to finish this wounded tank, but were actually taking shots from it that they didn't have the ability to return(because it was just outside of t34 firing range). in the end he got away and I almost lost both tanks before turning back.

*Either reduce panther range OR reduce turret rotation speed. you cant get ahead of the barrel even at 0 range. makes circling with a t34 a fruitless endeavor.

*Stugs fire a bit too fast but thats a minor complaint.

*The su85 couldn't penetrate wet paper and it had no real range advantage over the stug, panzer and panther. I thought the point of the su85 was that it would be a heavy hitter that cant take much damage but could engage at longer ranges, hence the focus sight forward ablity. at the time i played in the server test su85 tanks were not worth purchasing.(this is my biggest bitch!!!! the su76 and 85 were my bread and butter! )

IMO the T34 ram ability should be an option even at vet 0, but ONLY BECOME AVAILABLE if the t34 receives a main gun destroyed crit. When I first heard about the ram ability in the hype last year I always assumed this is how it would be. After all, why on earth would a crew ram another tank with their own perfectly healthy tank ( unless maybe they ran out of ammo, which is a non-issue in coh2).

All of these points might be non-issues now if they balanced the game a bit since the test, either buffing su85 or debuffing the panthers. Personally I always went to t4 because the su76 and su85 better matched my play style and I thought ram was dumb. In the server test I was FORCED to go t3 and use ram or else suffer crushing defeat under the treads of a single panther tank.

7 Jun 2013, 15:39 PM

conscripts have as much hp as anyone else and they've also got hit the dirt (for free) which makes them more durable than any other ostheer infantry
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight