Login

russian armor

Game feels clunky?

2 Jun 2015, 15:05 PM

Permanently Banned
Hi there!

I have had many situations where the game just felt really clunky when a lot was going on in a battle. Units become less repsonsive, units suddenly can't be selected let alone commanded. Does anyone else have the same feeling when the game sometimes goes into epic mode with so many explosions and battles going on.

Now I have an i5 3570k at 4.5 ghz and a GTX 970 at 1401 mhz overclocked and 8 gb of ram. I run a constant 90 fps when nothing special is going on and about 65-75 when a lot is going on in a 4v4 or a 2v2. I have no input lag and my internet connection is perfect, download speed is about 15 mb/s in real life and 8 11 mb/s upload speed in real life.

I don't see a reason why my system is the factor within this clunkyness, so I guess it is the game that causes it..

Anyone else experiencing this clunkyness?

Cheers

2 Jun 2015, 15:13 PM

The game's optimisation is simply garbage.
I also have a very good PC and I don't get more than 15 FPS on smoke/fire.
2 Jun 2015, 15:38 PM
Patrion 15

I don't really have any problems at the moment. Certainly not what you describe. I do get framerate drops when there are lots of particle effects on screen, but that is pretty standard really.

Try moving the Phys-X processing onto the GPU via the NVidia options menu.
2 Jun 2015, 19:29 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't really have any problems at the moment. Certainly not what you describe. I do get framerate drops when there are lots of particle effects on screen, but that is pretty standard really.

Try moving the Phys-X processing onto the GPU via the NVidia options menu.

Already had that chosen, but thanks anyway!
3 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM

Welcome to the world of game developers that don't understand optimisation!

Enjoy..
3 Jun 2015, 18:29 PM
Donator 33

If it helps I have connection problems in every coh2 game without having internet problems that are observable elsewhere. Unless you're getting extremely low frame rate that's a likely explanation.
4 Jun 2015, 07:29 AM

Permanently Banned
If it helps I have connection problems in every coh2 game without having internet problems that are observable elsewhere. Unless you're getting extremely low frame rate that's a likely explanation.

Yeah you mean when the game freezes for 5 seconds for no reason and than tries to catch up by speeding up for about 5 seconds? I have that quite often and only in this game..
4 Jun 2015, 09:29 AM

Relic has "game optimization" on its roadmap.... let's hope it won't hamper a brick in it's road....

Anyway, I am 100% it's the battle servers, and if it's that, they can do shit. I mean they can, but it would be to expensive. So this optimization will allways be a patchwork and we will never have a truly optimized game.

Meanwhile alot of wise guys, programmers and computer aces will come here and blame your system, internet connection or whatever when, in fact, the problem it's in Relic's yard. And the explanation is more than simple: why on the same system youc an play SC2 or any other modern RTS game perfectly and only COH2 has these problems. Another hint: try to play against computer while you are offline and see how the game works. You will see the difference.
4 Jun 2015, 09:45 AM
Patrion 14

I run this game on a pretty low end laptop. Turning of replays gave me a huge fps boost. I have 40 to 50 fps early game and minimum 30 fps when in one hour matches.

I sometimes miss I have no replay function but I prefer smooth gameplay.

Maybe try to disable replays and check what that gives?
4 Jun 2015, 10:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Relic has "game optimization" on its roadmap.... let's hope it won't hamper a brick in it's road....

Anyway, I am 100% it's the battle servers, and if it's that, they can do shit. I mean they can, but it would be to expensive. So this optimization will allways be a patchwork and we will never have a truly optimized game.

Meanwhile alot of wise guys, programmers and computer aces will come here and blame your system, internet connection or whatever when, in fact, the problem it's in Relic's yard. And the explanation is more than simple: why on the same system youc an play SC2 or any other modern RTS game perfectly and only COH2 has these problems. Another hint: try to play against computer while you are offline and see how the game works. You will see the difference.

Well I mean I have played through the release of Battlefield 4 and have experience with horrible game performance. But other than some clunkyness and some weird freezes and following speed ups, this game playes pretty well. But it must be on Relic's yard, I mean I can play The Witcher 3 at ultra, yet this games makes performs far less than it should.
4 Jun 2015, 10:54 AM

Permanently Banned
I run this game on a pretty low end laptop. Turning of replays gave me a huge fps boost. I have 40 to 50 fps early game and minimum 30 fps when in one hour matches.

I sometimes miss I have no replay function but I prefer smooth gameplay.

Maybe try to disable replays and check what that gives?

Thank you, I will try this! Although I don't have frame issues, they are still well above the 60 fps, it is more the clunky feel (units not responding, not being able to be selected in heavy battle etc) and the annoying freezes, after which the game will speed up and catch up.
4 Jun 2015, 11:05 AM

My computer can run new releases on Ultra and it chugs when running some maps on highest settings, Relic just didn't take enough time to optimize the game before they released it.

Ironically it looks worse than DoW2 Retribution does in a lot of places.
4 Jun 2015, 11:35 AM

And the explanation is more than simple: why on the same system youc an play SC2 or any other modern RTS game perfectly and only COH2 has these problems

because SC2 looks like from 2003?
4 Jun 2015, 11:49 AM

Permanently Banned
My computer can run new releases on Ultra and it chugs when running some maps on highest settings, Relic just didn't take enough time to optimize the game before they released it.

Ironically it looks worse than DoW2 Retribution does in a lot of places.

Agreed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS