Login

russian armor

Windows 10, anyone?

PAGES (7)down
2 Jun 2015, 19:57 PM

It will only be tied to the device holding the old license. A key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative has told me.

A Microsoft representative told "you" this or did they tell a guy named Paul Thurrott and you just forgot the link?

Here's the whole quote and link:

But what if you want to do a “real” clean install?

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3898/a-few-more-answers-about-windows-10-upgrades

What about all the other information you copied and pasted here? Did you just forget the links to that as well? A slight oversight? trying to pass things off as your own? hmm?
2 Jun 2015, 19:57 PM

Reserved Kappa
2 Jun 2015, 19:59 PM

Let me un-confuse you all. :foreveralone:

Perks:
  • It has a start menu.
  • Boot up and startup times are reduced(on decent PCs ofc)
  • Increased Performance ratio overall for all desktop applications
  • The ability to have a more advanced virtual desktop than before(i.e. easier to access and use)
  • The freedom to choose what preferences you want(i.e. no more forced tablet non-sense like in Win8, apps can be disabled with more ease)
  • You pay no money for a $120 OS.
  • If you decide you don’t like Windows 10 for some reason, you will be able to revert to your earlier operating system.
  • Bill Gates will always love your family for purchasing Microsoft products
  • You will most likely be given an online CD key in case you need to re-image your PC with win10. :foreveralone:
    Cons:
  • At the moment sadly, from what my OS department tells me Win10 Home Users will have forced updates which are downloaded and installed autmoatically(prepare yourselves for that update wait time :foreveralone: ) that are basically impossible to disable without removing advanced functions within windows. Win10 Pr0 and Ultimate being used allows you to disable updates though.
  • Before where you could just use a local account to log into Windows, you now need a User Profile account which had to be connected to Microsoft when created to login now. :foreveralone:
  • If you have Windows Vista, Windows XP, or anything older, you’ll have to buy Windows 10 and install it from scratch.
  • Watching DVDs requires separate playback software (Microsoft has said before that a future update will add this functionality back “later this year”).
  • If you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, or Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center and you install Windows 10, Windows Media Center will be removed.
  • Windows 7 desktop gadgets will be removed as part of installing Windows 10.
  • Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts Games that come preinstalled on Windows 7 will be removed as part of installing the Windows 10 upgrade. That said, new versions Microsoft Solitaire Collection and Microsoft Minesweeper will be installed.
  • If you have a USB floppy drive, you will need to download the latest driver from Windows Update or from the manufacturer’s website.
  • If you have Windows Live Essentials installed on your system, the OneDrive application is removed and replaced with the inbox version of OneDrive.
  • Win10 doesn't bake you cookies for free. :foreveralone:
    Here's a nice summary video:

Would I recommend it personally?

Wow.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/01/everything-you-need-to-know-about-upgrading-to-windows-10/
2 Jun 2015, 21:07 PM

Well this should be interesting... And I'm home now, I'll get the popcorn ready.
2 Jun 2015, 21:33 PM

Wow.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/01/everything-you-need-to-know-about-upgrading-to-windows-10/

Yep, those are the extra bulletins and info I also read about and decided to edit into my original post because I like to be up-to-date on things. Rather than typing a summary version like I did earlier it's a lot easier and more efficient to let people know about the other important stuff via copy pasta since it's been generally given away everywhere(but most people are too lazy to look it up). Relaying information ftw. I also thought the info video provided was hilarious, so why not add that as well for good measure. And no I'm not trying to pass off everything as my own, even though the majority of my post was my own info, adding side info I have read about that I thought was important seemed relevant for people wondering, no need to link the same info twice unless it involves priority info such as whether or not the OS is free. :foreveralone:
Here, have a cookie. :snfPeter:
2 Jun 2015, 21:41 PM

A Microsoft representative told "you" this or did they tell a guy named Paul Thurrott and you just forgot the link?

Here's the whole quote and link:

But what if you want to do a “real” clean install?

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3898/a-few-more-answers-about-windows-10-upgrades

What about all the other information you copied and pasted here? Did you just forget the links to that as well? A slight oversight? trying to pass things off as your own? hmm?

lol
2 Jun 2015, 21:43 PM

no need to link the same info twice unless it involves priority info such as whether or not the OS is free. :

Nope, by any matrix, your sourcing was non existant and a fail...like right out fo high school stuff. And this:

Is not your words, even though you tried to include it around your own text.
2 Jun 2015, 21:45 PM

lol

Oh birdie, always trying to push the envelope. I see you're now quoting yourself on something I already answered. Want me to quote what I said as well?

Shall we start quoteception? I'm ready :foreveralone:
2 Jun 2015, 21:46 PM

It is easy, are these your words, yes or no?

"Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed: It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me."

The answer is, no.
2 Jun 2015, 21:49 PM

Nope, by any matrix, your sourcing was non existant and a fail...like right out fo high school stuff. And this:
Is not your words, even though you tried to include it around your own text.

There's no need to source obvious responses like that. :foreveralone:
And yes, for the 2nd time those aren't my words, those are the words of a Microsoft representative, did you even read my paragraph of text carefully? :facepalm:
Do we really need to argue about this Birdie? :foreveralone:
If so I have a room on my twitch chat where we can talk about the legitimacy of every little detail revolving around Windows 10. :foreveralone:
2 Jun 2015, 21:51 PM

I am hoping this will change once consumer feedback/HR department calls reveal how much of a bad idea this is. I voted against it personally

You gave Bill a thumbs down in a staff meeting when they asked for a show of hands regarding Windows 10 did you? rofl..in between 60 hours of COH2, Saints Row and Left For Dead 2 eh?
2 Jun 2015, 21:53 PM

There's no need to source obvious responses like that. :foreveralone:
And yes, for the 2nd time those aren't my words, those are the words of a Microsoft representative, did you even read my paragraph of text carefully? :facepalm:
Do we really need to argue about this Birdie? :foreveralone:
If so I have a room on my twitch chat where we can talk about the legitimacy of every little detail revolving around Windows 10. :foreveralone:

Nah, you got caught with your pants down. Using multiple Web sites and interjecting other's words with your own with no original sourcing. You fail...
2 Jun 2015, 21:56 PM

You gave Bill a thumbs down in a staff meeting when they asked for a show of hands regarding Windows 10 did you? rofl..in between 60 hours of COH2, Saints Row and Left For Dead 2 eh?

First of all, you do realize I leave my games open for a long period of time after I'm done with them at times, and also that this is in a 2 week period, as well as why does that even matter at all? :foreveralone:
Secondly, lmao if only I was that rich and lived in Redmond, WA, dear lord would I have things to say. But no, I was asked about my opinion by a higher ranking IT individual via a survey online for Microsoft involving my work environment, and recommended whether certain features were a "good" idea or a "bad" idea to be implemented. You should know I live in Michigan :facepalm:
2 Jun 2015, 22:02 PM

Nah, you got caught with your pants down. Using multiple Web sites and interjecting other's words with your own with no original sourcing. You fail...

Oh Birdie, you entertain me with your "Look I caught Von using extra bulletins from legit sources to add onto his post, but he did it without proper citations because his post requires this!" Even though I didn't need citations for the basic information everyone knows about and has bulletined on many sites themselves. Because they received them from Microsoft Representitives. This general knowledge was added into my post in the case that some people were unaware or haven't read it yet. :snfPeter:
2 Jun 2015, 22:29 PM

Oh what a thread, what a wonderful thread.

Does it make me a bad person to get so much entertainment out of this drama?

P.S. - I still <444>3 you Ivan.
2 Jun 2015, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2015, 22:29 PMCieZ
Oh what a thread, what a wonderful thread.

Does it make me a bad person to get so much entertainment out of this drama?

P.S. - I still <444>3 you Ivan.

Nope, I was glad to be a part of the bandwagon here on this thread. The troll was strong today. :foreveralone:
2 Jun 2015, 22:34 PM

Nope, I was glad to be a part of the bandwagon here on this thread. The troll was strong today. :foreveralone:

yea, I was glad to point out the obvious "oversight" on your part. i'll be watchin', as I suspect more will be too, those behind the scenes, yer welkome lol
2 Jun 2015, 22:36 PM

yea, I was glad to point out the obvious "oversight" on your part.

So obvious that it meant nothing but show off how truly unintelligent you were. :foreveralone:
2 Jun 2015, 22:37 PM

So obvious that it meant nothing but show off how truly unintelligent you were. :foreveralone:

You google searched answers and made it look like you were smarter than you are. That's what we learned here today.
2 Jun 2015, 22:41 PM

You google searched answers and made it look like you were smarter than you are. That's what we learned here today.

Did you google everything I said to check and see where you could shitpost me and make it look like something important? :foreveralone:
Fun fact: All the information provided wasn't googled. Most of it was written by me on the basis of prior knowledge. Only some of the technical stuff I found and provided were written in popular articles I enjoy reading about to keep me up-to-date on Win10 as well. Easier to relay extra info like that rather than post a confusing summary, as stated before :foreveralone:
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS