Login

russian armor

ARK: Survival Evolved

1 Jun 2015, 07:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

As a man or woman stranded naked, freezing and starving on the shores of a mysterious island called ARK, you must hunt, harvest resources, craft items, grow crops, research technologies, and build shelters to withstand the elements. Use your cunning and resources to kill or tame the leviathan dinosaurs and other primeval creatures roaming the land, and team up with or prey on hundreds of other players to survive, dominate... and escape!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110

I am so getting this one tomorrow.
1 Jun 2015, 14:48 PM

This looks pretty damn cool. Love survival games, will definitely check this out.
2 Jun 2015, 14:32 PM

Release date was scheduled to be today, wondering what time. Definitely buying this.
2 Jun 2015, 14:45 PM
Patrion 15

They did a stream last night (~9pm GMT, IIRC) and mentioned it'd be out late today I think. God knows if thats their time, my time, US time...
2 Jun 2015, 14:58 PM

They did a stream last night (~9pm GMT, IIRC) and mentioned it'd be out late today I think. God knows if thats their time, my time, US time...

O_o? I missed it, is there a link? How was the gameplay footage? Buggy alpha or playable?

Im EST-5, typically I know steam updates stores around 1pm for us, so i'd expect roughly 2 hours before its available for this pleb.
2 Jun 2015, 15:23 PM
Patrion 15

It was on Twitch, I can't get a link here though - it's blocked at work for me.

It looked pretty good, for the most part. Just the on screen text messages are terrible; but the main game looked good.

For sure though, it looks better than Rust has been at various points since it was released.
2 Jun 2015, 15:56 PM

It was on Twitch, I can't get a link here though - it's blocked at work for me.

It looked pretty good, for the most part. Just the on screen text messages are terrible; but the main game looked good.

For sure though, it looks better than Rust has been at various points since it was released.

I was able to find the video, it was great! Visually quite pleasing. Definitely ahead of vanilla Rust but on par with the new version. Seems a little cluttered on the crafting/inventory menus but that could be easily sorted.

Most importantly I found a post from a dev on twitter that confirmed the 1pm or a little later release time. 1pm in EST-5.
2 Jun 2015, 17:11 PM
Patrion 14

how much does this cost?
2 Jun 2015, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2015, 17:11 PMutmost
how much does this cost?

Not sure. Release pushed back another 3-4 hours.

Addition:** People seem to think it will cost 20-25$ Seems fair imo.
3 Jun 2015, 09:51 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I bought it, the only downside atm is the lack of optimization, but once they get that better, ill be playing it alot.
3 Jun 2015, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 09:51 AMSpanky
I bought it, the only downside atm is the lack of optimization, but once they get that better, ill be playing it alot.

Yes totally. It looks like a n64 game on lowest settings. I run medium and it looks just fine for now. They had official servers up for about 2200 players, when the game released - the player pop ballooned to 15k. I played for a solid 4 hours yesterday with a few interruptions, so far so good imo. If you expect a fully released game and don't want to spend your moms hard earned money than maybe wait to buy ANY early access.

** addition: Its 9:30 est-5 now, and the game has 19k players on. 12th highest game pop. Pretty impressive.
3 Jun 2015, 21:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Im really liking how this game got so good commercialing thru twitch. :D
4 Jun 2015, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jun 2015, 21:05 PMSpanky
Im really liking how this game got so good commercialing thru twitch. :D

Yes totally, that and us survival game junkies love our survival games.

They've actually been updating this game a lot, which is great to see. Each new build has optimizations in it so you'd expect the game to improve quite a bit over these next few weeks. There are plenty of ways to fix the graphics, even with lower cards-mid cards.

So far our group has a massive wooden structure (not thatch), multiple dinos protect our lands - we even have enough carnos to kill a giant t-rex if it stumbles onto our lands as well as any other players. We've got crops with a fully functional irrigation system. As we continue to level characters we take on new projects. I love the shared xp function. When you have a group of 10 it makes leveling less shitty. We've produced gun powder, spark powder and whole hosts of different potions through the mortar and pestle. Since v160 i've had 0 crashes and interruptions. Reducing your resolution scale will help with fps lag dramatically.
4 Jun 2015, 21:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Oh nice! i've only managed to get killed everywhere basically, but its just me and my buddy playing, there were 3 of us at one point, but even then its quite hard to keep one of us alive.

How did you meet the other people? You know a punch of guys who play survival games beforehand? Because it feels like every stranger in the game i meet, either tries to kill me or runs away.

Btw, what's the server you guys play in ?
5 Jun 2015, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jun 2015, 21:35 PMSpanky
Oh nice! i've only managed to get killed everywhere basically, but its just me and my buddy playing, there were 3 of us at one point, but even then its quite hard to keep one of us alive.

How did you meet the other people? You know a punch of guys who play survival games beforehand? Because it feels like every stranger in the game i meet, either tries to kill me or runs away.

Btw, what's the server you guys play in ?

Yes we have a group of about 10, half which play coh2, other half are dedicated survival bros.

Trust NO ONE in survival games. We've had people from other 'tribes' try to infiltrate our groups in the past, some going as far as joining our TS, working with us for days then ultimately trying to rob us when they've gained our trust. So yeah we kos, we wipe out competition for resources and have learned to take care of the group first and fuck everyone else :)

We've been playing on 104.167.114.193:7777 (You're Not Ready Toronto is the server name)

5 Jun 2015, 16:57 PM
5 Jun 2015, 20:03 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

This sums it up quite well. :D

So i went to another server today, was able to play for like 30 minutes, i killed the flying dino and suddenly 3 guys attacked me and ofc they got me, couldn't run away. Playing alone is like walking to death.
5 Jun 2015, 20:04 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2015, 15:18 PMGdot

Yes we have a group of about 10, half which play coh2, other half are dedicated survival bros.

Trust NO ONE in survival games. We've had people from other 'tribes' try to infiltrate our groups in the past, some going as far as joining our TS, working with us for days then ultimately trying to rob us when they've gained our trust. So yeah we kos, we wipe out competition for resources and have learned to take care of the group first and fuck everyone else :)

We've been playing on 104.167.114.193:7777 (You're Not Ready Toronto is the server name)

Cool, if its okay, i would like to join and make you guys trust me, then take over the settlement. :jk:
6 Jun 2015, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2015, 20:04 PMSpanky

Cool, if its okay, i would like to join and make you guys trust me, then take over the settlement. :jk:

Add me on steam - cetp569 [TATUS]Gdot
7 Jun 2015, 09:54 AM
Patrion 14

Looks nice but as most mp survival games, it's kill on sight so it seems :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak