Login

russian armor

Did the NDA help or hurt the Hype.

27 May 2015, 06:12 AM

objectively the only thing it hyped was itself.
27 May 2015, 07:00 AM

Hurt. There's no other answer.
NDAs cannot help hype. Deliberately not revealing information does not create sales. Dishonesty is punished by the market. Openness rewards society.
27 May 2015, 07:04 AM

I don't care about NDA. So indifferent.

-EDIT- To answer to question, it sure doesn't help.

SturmTigerGaddafi - such cool doge. Talks funny and everything.
27 May 2015, 07:18 AM

I voted "indifferent" for these reasons:

1. I don't think COH2 needed a new faction. If you put in game a new faction for allied though, put one for Axis to;
2. I think a new faction will RUIN balance again and I think Relic will fail again and again to balance the game;
3. I think a new faction will create a total mess in one's known and validated tactics;
4. VCoh didn't have 5 factions;
6. Alot of factions creates a taste of a cheap product, issued just for pocket filling;
7. the new faction will come with new DLC commanders = > an even higher mess;
8. Related to new content Relic could just issue some new commanders for WFA factions, introduce custom commanders feature and War effort mode. That would have been enough.

Period.
27 May 2015, 08:46 AM
Donator 11

Biggest reason why all coh games has low playerbase is most people don't even know they exist or what coh even is so putting NDA on everything that is even slightly exciting is a good way to keeping it that way.
27 May 2015, 09:03 AM

Way too many shit releases around the gaming world to be hyped for anything.
At most, you can wait.

Relics biggest sin is complete lack of any advertising, no hints, no unit profiles, we don't even know which quarter of the year is this supposed to come out and coupling that with stale, boring call-in and heavy tank spam meta doesn't really build any hype for me.
27 May 2015, 09:34 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 09:03 AMKatitof
Way too many shit releases around the gaming world to be hyped for anything.
At most, you can wait.

Relics biggest sin is complete lack of any advertising, no hints, no unit profiles, we don't even know which quarter of the year is this supposed to come out and coupling that with stale, boring call-in and heavy tank spam meta doesn't really build any hype for me.

I agree with him
27 May 2015, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 09:03 AMKatitof
Relics biggest sin is complete lack of any advertising, no hints, no unit profiles...

Couse this is NDA.
27 May 2015, 11:05 AM
Patrion 15

A better question is "Was the purpose of the NDA to generate hype?"

The answer is no.

The NDA was to prevent Disclosure of privilidged information and not to generate or prevent the generation of hype.

NDAs are never used to generate hype, ever. It's kind of against the point. People seem to be confusing the Alpha with a Demo or a Reward or Bonus when it's really just a test.
27 May 2015, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 11:01 AMcarloff

Couse this is NDA.

Advertising have not really much to do with NDA.
Marketing isn't about showing you stats and balance of units.

WFA and AA had much more hype and even if late, there was some advertising.
27 May 2015, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 05:19 AMnee

As for hype, I think they just want to control the hype and no have it spiral out of control. If I introduce ideas in my videogame and there is high chance of major revision, I wouldn't want potential customers to know and assume those will be in the final product and either buy it and be disappointing, or don't buy it on false information. It's not like everything they're doing in an alpha will go into release product without ANY change.

Bingo.

I honestly cannot understand why this question even arises. Not everything Relic, or any company, does, is aimed at marketing. I have no doubt there will be the usual marketing splurge closer to release; the fact that Relic are experimenting with a closed alpha is simply Not News.
27 May 2015, 13:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I dont think they're advertising any of the changes because all of the changes are subject to change. :snfPeter: whats the point of saying volks will now have a chainsaw upgrade and getting everyone hype when they'll change it and remove it a week later?

Alot of certain things were changed and fixed and reverted and whatever...the alpha is just a big mess of experimental changes.

Maybe when they do Beta they'll start showing stuff thats more consistent and ready..
27 May 2015, 14:18 PM

I dont think they're advertising any of the changes because all of the changes are subject to change. :snfPeter: whats the point of saying volks will now have a chainsaw upgrade and getting everyone hype when they'll change it and remove it a week later?

Alot of certain things were changed and fixed and reverted and whatever...the alpha is just a big mess of experimental changes.

Maybe when they do Beta they'll start showing stuff thats more consistent and ready..

Agreed, I think everyone who has ever tested for Relic can tell you with out breaking the NDA that a lot of ideas get floated and shot down or reworked. It's all part of the testing process. I can understand Relic not wanting to make Alpha stuff public because of how often things change.

Hopefully we get an open beta or even closed beta soon coupled with an announcement and some hype generation, but honestly hype can be very bad because if you promise people the moon they will want the stars and be disappointed.
27 May 2015, 16:07 PM

I am so tired of everyone trying to justify the absolutely horrible policy and application of NDA in this case by saying that Relic is trying to protect everyone so expectations aren't disappointed if some of the alpha ideas don't make it into the final product.

Are we going to pretend that Relic doesn't just patch the game and change the product whenever they feel like it? Are we going to act like it doesn't already happen that everyone goes and pays money for currently overpowered commanders, and there is a decent chance that later Relic just nerfs those commanders into the ground?

27 May 2015, 16:23 PM

Wasn't there a nda whine thread before?
27 May 2015, 16:25 PM

I thought it nerfed the hype. When the alpha was set to launch people were excited and talking about it. Now obviously the NDA is important but it went way too far, IMO. Third party organizations enforcing and power tripping certainly contributed to the squelching of information and overall hype. (Von Kluge even threatened me with legal action from Sega when I didn't even apply for the alpha.) Even if the buzz was negative or positive it got people talking about the game, looking for pictures or just the general excitement about it. Now it seems, meh.
27 May 2015, 18:06 PM

NDA is useless, all the information regards to Brits is available. Welcome to the age of Internet.
27 May 2015, 19:07 PM

The real hype hasn't even started yet.
27 May 2015, 20:14 PM

I'd vote for another option. The NDA makes me sad. It ended up creating a rift within my clan that I did not expect. Additionally it removed my desire to play the current CoH2 version knowing that changes and such are coming with the upcoming to be named content.
27 May 2015, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 20:14 PMNapalm
I'd vote for another option. The NDA makes me sad. It ended up creating a rift within my clan that I did not expect. Additionally it removed my desire to play the current CoH2 version knowing that changes and such are coming with the upcoming to be named content.

NDA BREACH AT 5 O' CLOCK, ALL RELIC EMPLOYEES MAN YOUR BATTLESTATIONS, PREPARE THE LAWSUITS.

So about that patch date Napalm, I keep hearing these rumors about a release next month? :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★