Login

russian armor

Why do so many developers make the SAME mistake?

5 Jun 2013, 00:39 AM

This is a small rant.

I am going to speak for myself, and a lot of my close friends who have put over 900+ hours into Company of heroes.

I have alone played over 600+ hours worth of COH and I absolutely love everything about that game, it was basically brilliant.

Going into COH2, All I wanted (and my friends) was COH + new rewards system + better graphics engine + bug fixes + environment dynamics (like snow slowing tanks, and ice crushing tanks), etc.

The cap system and the UI was flawless, and it was mostly balanced from top to bottom.

Which gets me into my Company of heroes 2 RANT.

This is not the FIRST time that a sequel DRASTICALLY changed more then 50% of the game.

FFXI was a mmo (which still has 1 million users), When FFXIV got announced (original), everybody was excited because they thought it would be FFXI with a new graphics engine, and some great tweaks.

Instead they changed 99% of what made FFXI so good, and FFXIV turned out to be the worst MMO EVER created, so bad that they fired all the developers and are relaunching the game as we speak.

CoH2 is having THE SAME issue. They changed so much of what made COH so good, and brilliant, that COH2 is a huge issue, not as fun, and downright stale.

I know it's basically impossible to fix the issues I have with coh2, Mostly because it was how the developers made the game, but I am truly aggravated, and even upset that they would change such a iconic game so much.

Thats for listening guys
5 Jun 2013, 01:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Because most people who played CoH are compstompers and Relic decided it should make the game more fun for them.
5 Jun 2013, 01:30 AM

Let the compstompers buy their game.
5 Jun 2013, 05:29 AM

This thread is nonsense. Clearly this is the best and most balanced RTS game ever designed. With over 2,000 hours logged on vCOH, i am quite happy that COH2 is basically Call of Duty: RTS Eastern Front. It makes it so much more enjoyable to stomp AI, and get DAT MAX XP. DAT XP SON. I can't wait to level my dude all the way up again.

This game is incredibly fun, well balanced, and there is no flaws, quit the Q_Q, this game is the bestest EV3R!!!111!!!111!! I should know, I am pr0!!!1111!!1111

u jelly???
5 Jun 2013, 05:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2013, 05:29 AMEsky

u jelly???

What is the gold surrounding your nameplate?
5 Jun 2013, 05:50 AM

What is the gold surrounding your nameplate?

It's to show how pr0 I am, and why Relic should listen to me, and not the hundrerds of people who have poured their heart and soul into COH over the years. I say COH2 rulez, who cares what the "hardcore" fanbase thinks, we're getting new CoD RTS playerz!!!111!
5 Jun 2013, 06:05 AM

I just don't get how they can take a brilliant concept in COH and turn it into trash.

It's like somebody giving you 1000 and then you spend it on rocks
5 Jun 2013, 06:17 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Or Kangaroo Carriers.
5 Jun 2013, 11:58 AM

Permanently Banned
Esky is pro-troll.

I put it to the council that he be granted full troll status!
5 Jun 2013, 12:03 PM

I agree with you OP. Probably going to take 2 years of patching until I can enjoy the game...
5 Jun 2013, 12:36 PM

Video games are for scrubs anyway. Just amuse yourself the way dolphins do.

7 Jun 2013, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2013, 12:36 PMWoggie

That actually looks like fun, unlike coh2.
7 Jun 2013, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2013, 12:36 PMWoggie

wtf??!!! that is totally awesome....
7 Jun 2013, 09:46 AM

i actually love coh2. i think the storms bring a new level of tactics into the game and i love the changes they made (i just wish for some awesome city maps).

coh2 is not supposed to be coh1.5, so stop whining about changes they did. you are all so stubborn and afraid of change, continue to play coh1 and stop this unproductive nonesense rant.
7 Jun 2013, 20:36 PM

i actually love coh2. i think the storms bring a new level of tactics into the game and i love the changes they made (i just wish for some awesome city maps).

coh2 is not supposed to be coh1.5, so stop whining about changes they did. you are all so stubborn and afraid of change, continue to play coh1 and stop this unproductive nonesense rant.

Change isn't inherently good (ex. Obama). For many of us, there are too many changes that at best add nothing, but often actually make the game worse than CoH1.
7 Jun 2013, 20:43 PM

With almost anything in life, the answer can be found if you just follow the money trail.....
7 Jun 2013, 21:02 PM

you plead my cause here with your Obama example. If a change is good or bad depends on you (subjective). And if you dont like the changes in coh2, dont play it. but to demand from the devs to make coh2 more like coh1 makes no sense. you can play coh1 then.

and even if you want to critise, ok, its your right. but do it in a productive way. all this "coh2 is shit, lame, boring i dont like it" blabla isnt doing anything good and its not helping.

many of the changes (ui for example) maybe need time to get used to, but after some playing you will be able to play with it the same as in coh1. (its the same when a website changes its design. everybody is hatin, and after 2 months nobody even knows how the site looked before).
7 Jun 2013, 21:46 PM

i love how everyone's opinions are fact, "these changes make the game worse period, you are making it sound like this is not just subjective material dependent on your own feelings.

i like the game, i like the old game they are refreshingly diffrent, i also love my wife and she is the hottest girl on the planet FACT oh wait... that is just what i think..
7 Jun 2013, 23:57 PM

Hahaha, and in other places, I see ppl saying that this is COH 1.5. Therefore, they're not buying.

You can't please everyone I guess, but IMO, it's a good game. It did take me quite a bit of time to warm to, but I do like it.

I don't mind seeing a little bit of difference here compared to COH1, all this game probably needs is maybe a few numbers here and there being changed and it will probably look better for you.

And there are a few things gameplay-wise that has changed is capping, which, when you look at it, isn't that big a deal, blizzards, which is another form of risk taking you'd do ingame - I still find I try to assault positions in a blizzard, but not as effectively and Upkeep, which, in this game currently, is :(, the upkeep should be lowered. But other than that, it's the game I wanted.
8 Jun 2013, 00:05 AM

This is a strange topic because it doesn't mention anything specific about what is wrong with COH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 26
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %