Login

russian armor

Should OKW get a heavy artillery piece?

PAGES (7)down
2 May 2015, 07:59 AM

The problem with rocket artillery is that in coh2 it can't reliably damage vehicles (at all?)

I consider it being artillery, but anti-infantry one
2 May 2015, 10:50 AM
Donator 11

Great Idea! Would love to see a Hummel! Maybe we see it within the new Ccontent Expansion?
2 May 2015, 11:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I rather get a normal mortar
2 May 2015, 11:56 AM

Just ignore this kaiof guy, he's doing everything he can to defend the allies and nerf the axis. Probably the biggest ally fanboi out there. Just don't mind him

And Alex is his counterpart. He always defends the Axis. Both (Katitof and Alex) are very funny. The accuse each other of fanboyism, its so funny!
They talking like they made the game but non of them are anywhere to find in the ladders. But what do i know!
2 May 2015, 12:09 PM
Donator 22

I'd say yes. Doctrinal and static just like the ML-20/B4/LeFH.

Inb4 relic is working on a commander featuring...

60-cm mortar "Karl" :D

oh yeah :D
2 May 2015, 12:20 PM

oh yeah :D
As if Relic would add you into the game as a doctrinal item. :snfBarton:
3 May 2015, 04:33 AM

The problem with rocket artillery is that in coh2 it can't reliably damage vehicles (at all?)

I consider it being artillery, but anti-infantry one
Something that can more reliably damage a vehicle would be nice.
3 May 2015, 21:00 PM

Permanently Banned
There's no need to buff okw even more.
nee
31 May 2015, 00:29 AM

Besides Stuka and Infantry Gun, doctrinal off-map artillery plus IR halftrack? Sounds powerful enough to me. Considering the average match size, the issue is more firepower than range, and tha's on top of OKW having some good units to deal with whatever your artillery can't kill.

I don't know much about the alpha, but if it's going to be about a new faction, odds are it's not going to be about giving new stuff to current factions. At least when you consider WFA, anyways.

It also sounds like you just want a commander featuring Hummel. For current commanders, only Spec Ops and Luftwaffe doesn't have actual off-map artillery, though you can argue that Artillery Flares+ Command Panther, and surprise Fallschirmjaegers+ Airstrike might make up for it (personally it doesn't for Luftwaffe).

Also, heavy artillery is pretty much represented by off-map artillery. Unless you really want people to start building Schwere Gustav that takes like half of an entire 1v1 map just to fire on the other half...
31 May 2015, 03:10 AM

Sorry guys but in the case of CoH 2 balance >>>>>>>> realism.

Cherry picking each other's arguments for stupid semantics reasons is just /facepalm. Stop it.

OKW does not need a heavy artillery piece. Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe part of the design intent behind the faction is to be weak against blobs? Maybe they're supposed to have a lot of pushing power, but lack stopping power in the way that Ostheer does with MG42s/LMG grens/S mines/Bunkers/mobile HT and medium tanks?

Beyond the obvious balance nightmare of Med Truck + Flak Truck + Artillery piece, it simply doesn't fit anywhere into the design of the faction.
31 May 2015, 03:37 AM

I would love to see new units and commanders for every faction.
However I don't think more static arty is something this game needs.
It's a fast paced game and arty is usually a snore fest and reminds me of comp stomps and annihilation mode.

I personally would love to see a Nebelwerfer just like in coh1 or some vehicle that can transport troops and provide other utility.
Okw was designed as heavy mechanised force, yet they can't even transport troops.
31 May 2015, 03:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 03:10 AMCieZ
Sorry guys but in the case of CoH 2 balance >>>>>>>> realism.

Cherry picking each other's arguments for stupid semantics reasons is just /facepalm. Stop it.

OKW does not need a heavy artillery piece. Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe part of the design intent behind the faction is to be weak against blobs? Maybe they're supposed to have a lot of pushing power, but lack stopping power in the way that Ostheer does with MG42s/LMG grens/S mines/Bunkers/mobile HT and medium tanks?

Beyond the obvious balance nightmare of Med Truck + Flak Truck + Artillery piece, it simply doesn't fit anywhere into the design of the faction.

Sad to see a top tier player encouraging blobbing.

Every faction should have tons of blob counters because blobbing is turbo cancer.
31 May 2015, 03:55 AM

Basically OKW kinda lack indirect fire support. With only Stuke zu fuss and ISG(horrible) and some doctrinal artillery call ins. Which makes OKW lack the options for dismantling heavily entrenched (conscript sand bags), all the way from early game to late game. Even King Tiger can do little. Either lower the cost of ISG, or give us more options. Doctrinal on map howitzers will be a viable choice.
31 May 2015, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 03:10 AMCieZ

How mean and with the hand slapping. :(

OKW does not need a heavy artillery piece. Did you ever stop and think that maybe, just maybe part of the design intent behind the faction is to be weak against blobs?

Developer intent does not matter. We are to judge things on the merit of their design.
31 May 2015, 04:03 AM

Permanently Banned
SOVIETS should get is3. you know, since we are in the mood of asking for stuff
31 May 2015, 04:55 AM

Sad to see a top tier player encouraging blobbing.

Every faction should have tons of blob counters because blobbing is turbo cancer.

When did I ever encourage blobbing? I simply said that OKW, from what I can tell, has been designed to lack an abundant amount of stopping power, at least until very late game.

OKW has plenty of ways to stop blobbing, but they're still more vulnerable to it than other factions.

The fact of the matter is that blobbing rarely, if ever works, in a high skill game. All factions have too many ways to punish it. Whether or not you can properly employ said tactics is another question.
31 May 2015, 06:46 AM

Seems a moot point, considering OKW have access to the walking stuka; which is a good counter against static artillery pieces (which are doctrinal), support teams, and massed infantry. Not to mention, it fires in a creeping barrage pattern which increases the chances of unit wipes.
31 May 2015, 07:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 04:55 AMCieZ

When did I ever encourage blobbing? I simply said that OKW, from what I can tell, has been designed to lack an abundant amount of stopping power, at least until very late game.

OKW has plenty of ways to stop blobbing, but they're still more vulnerable to it than other factions.

The fact of the matter is that blobbing rarely, if ever works, in a high skill game. All factions have too many ways to punish it. Whether or not you can properly employ said tactics is another question.

OKW are not designed any specific way other than being a resource starved faction. If you want to play more mechanized you take the mechanized HQ, if you want to play more defensively with lots of infantry you go Battlegroup HQ.

OKW doesn't have any good blob counters outside of 3 things: 1. Just blobbing harder, which is the easiest option to do 2. Sturmtiger which even top tier players have a hard time using and 3. Spamming MG34's and praying for good RNG.

OKW's biggest problem vis a vis blobbing in my opinion is that they only have 1 area denial unit; the Schwer HQ. The Stuka Zu Fuss can't deny territory due to the long cool down and easy to avoid barrage. OKW getting a heavy artillery piece or a Self Propelled Howitzer would fix a lot of things in my opinion.

31 May 2015, 07:33 AM

OKW are not designed any specific way other than being a resource starved faction. If you want to play more mechanized you take the mechanized HQ, if you want to play more defensively with lots of infantry you go Battlegroup HQ.

OKW doesn't have any good blob counters outside of 3 things: 1. Just blobbing harder, which is the easiest option to do 2. Sturmtiger which even top tier players have a hard time using and 3. Spamming MG34's and praying for good RNG.

OKW's biggest problem vis a vis blobbing in my opinion is that they only have 1 area denial unit; the Schwer HQ. The Stuka Zu Fuss can't deny territory due to the long cool down and easy to avoid barrage. OKW getting a heavy artillery piece or a Self Propelled Howitzer would fix a lot of things in my opinion.

Please remind me when Relic hired you as one of their designers?

Who are you to think that you have any clue about the design intent behind any of the factions?

When was the last time you spoke with any Relic employee about anything CoH 2 related?

I'm interested as to the source of your knowledge about the design of OKW.

As for anti-blob OKW has: Flak HT, Luchs, MG34 (doctrinal and could use a buff), IG (pretty much sucks unfortunately, except for on a few maps it's okay), Stuka, Sturmtiger (actually one of the easiest units in the game to micro, you literally drive it straight up to your tiger, push 1 button and get a free squad wipe), and the KT. Not to mention mines, and potentially MG bunkers.

They're not as strong against blobs as Ost, but they can deal with them. It's not that complicated.

Btw - people don't get the Sturmtiger because a lot of the time you don't have the extra fuel, but it is a perfectly viable unit and plenty of top players have used it in high level 1v1s and 2v2s. Lemon and Vindicare come to mind in recently history as having used the unit effectively.

No clue why you think MG34s have anything at all to do with RNG? Suppression is one of the least RNG based mechanics in the game.

It's quite shocking that you'd have the gall to try and make such sweeping claims regarding a game that you so obviously lack knowledge about. If you spent 10% of the time playing as you spend posting ignorant comments on the forums, you might have more luck getting people to respect you.
31 May 2015, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2015, 07:33 AMCieZ

Please remind me when Relic hired you as one of their designers?

Who are you to think that you have any clue about the design intent behind any of the factions?

When was the last time you spoke with any Relic employee about anything CoH 2 related?

I'm interested as to the source of your knowledge about the design of OKW.

As for anti-blob OKW has: Flak HT, Luchs, MG34 (doctrinal and could use a buff), IG (pretty much sucks unfortunately, except for on a few maps it's okay), Stuka, Sturmtiger (actually one of the easiest units in the game to micro, you literally drive it straight up to your tiger, push 1 button and get a free squad wipe), and the KT. Not to mention mines, and potentially MG bunkers.

They're not as strong against blobs as Ost, but they can deal with them. It's not that complicated.

Btw - people don't get the Sturmtiger because a lot of the time you don't have the extra fuel, but it is a perfectly viable unit and plenty of top players have used it in high level 1v1s and 2v2s. Lemon and Vindicare come to mind in recently history as having used the unit effectively.

No clue why you think MG34s have anything at all to do with RNG? Suppression is one of the least RNG based mechanics in the game.

It's quite shocking that you'd have the gall to try and make such sweeping claims regarding a game that you so obviously lack knowledge about. If you spent 10% of the time playing as you spend posting ignorant comments on the forums, you might have more luck getting people to respect you.

Source: OKW has been fundamentally changed 5-6 times since their release. Relic has been trying to carve out what OKW is good at since they have been released into live for a long time now and it's kinda resulted in a faction of gimmicks.

Yes the overarching theme of OKW is breakthrough tactics since the Army is based on the Battle of the Bulge but it's units vary so much in role one to another it's hard to find a central theme.

They play much more defensively than a lot of the other factions due to poor early game and the very nature of how trucks work.

The Flak Track is a good blob counter but like the Kubel it's time on the field has a hard cap on it; when the first dedicated AT units like AT guns and Tanks hit the field it's time is long past and it's relegated to fulfilling better support roles like scouting in the Kubels case and AA in the Flak Tracks case.

The Luchs suffers from the same issue, only to a lesser degree. But is still excellent as it's job.

The MG34 is RNG based because of it's poor suppression combined with fragile crew means that on maps that have lots of cover (and the battlefield becomes coated in cover anyway due to craters) it struggles to deal with blobs, it's best used in mass with multiple ones covering each other. It's biggest saving grace is incendiary rounds.

The Stuka isn't a blob counter at all, it's a support weapon counter and buildings counter. If you get caught by it's extremely obvious barrage then you are either blind and deaf or AFK. You might get lucky with units caught in a corridor but other than that, not really.

I say Sturmtiger requires more micro because it has poor frontal armor and is slow as piss, meaning you need to be smart with it. And when playing against players with good micro it's hard to get in and 1 shot a squad. It's high fuel cost doesn't help. Still tho I love the tank and agree that it's an amazing blob counter.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
United Kingdom 14
Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L