Login

russian armor

What should be the focus priority during the alpha?

30 Apr 2015, 05:20 AM

First off, congratulations for those who made it into alpha. For those of us who didn't make it, expect news to probably be announced around the same time of the alpha release :). For the alpha, (Disclaimer:I'm not in it) what does everyone think the priority order should be?

1st: Personally I think balance should be the first thing, problem with the WFA alpha was many of the OP attributes stayed with each army even during the final release.

2nd: Content redesign: the alpha for WFA changed some mechanics, good example being the OKW truck overhaul (no more territory chains).

3rd: Bug identification, hopefully there is a fix for the loud gunshot glitch in the alpha.

Testers: Push this thing to the limit, play the hell out of it! We're all counting on you!

This sums up my excitement for the new content...

30 Apr 2015, 05:27 AM

The OKW changes took up most the balancing time in the WFA alpha. Hopefully the brits will be in a better state when it starts. Not to mention they only have to focus on 1 faction this time around. Maybe we will see some big changes to the other factions as well.

30 Apr 2015, 06:36 AM

i would like balance to be addressed in later phases when larger sample sizes are available, more players are active, and more people are having open strategic discussions, in a non-embargoed environment when play trends can be extrapolated.

test driving core design conceits and bug squashing would be my priority in a limited alpha.

also, who knows. this could be the war supply and metamap that people have been speculating on.
30 Apr 2015, 06:43 AM

also, who knows. this could be the war supply and metamap that people have been speculating on.

UKF is already well confirmed, but those other things might happen as well.
The alpha is a great because Relic often patches it very often, so they might be able to use it to test out large changes to the USSR non-doc roster or Wher teching without having to worry about accidental breaking the live game. A lot of the official patches are often very tame, because they hold the risk of breaking the game. With the alpha they don't have to worry about that.
30 Apr 2015, 06:49 AM

UKF is already well confirmed, but those other things might happen as well.
The alpha is a great because Relic often patches it very often, so they might be able to use it to test out large changes to the USSR non-doc roster or Wher teching without having to worry about accidental breaking the live game. A lot of the official patches are often very tame, because they hold the risk of breaking the game. With the alpha they don't have to worry about that.
I am guessing that tomorrow's live stream will enlighten us on what's being tested in alpha. Hopefully they announce there will be additional waves in the near future as well :).
30 Apr 2015, 08:05 AM

The OKW changes took up most the balancing time in the WFA alpha. Hopefully the brits will be in a better state when it starts. Not to mention they only have to focus on 1 faction this time around. Maybe we will see some big changes to the other factions as well.

The one thing I remember was when they did the whole OKW truck/ economy overhaul right at the end of the alpha, like 2 weeks before the actual release of WFA.
30 Apr 2015, 08:44 AM

The one thing I remember was when they did the whole OKW truck/ economy overhaul right at the end of the alpha, like 2 weeks before the actual release of WFA.

Let's hope this won't happen again.

Does anybody know the length of the Alpha testing phase?
30 Apr 2015, 08:58 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

They have to focus on every one of them if they want to get the game into a better state
30 Apr 2015, 09:19 AM

Let's hope this won't happen again.

Does anybody know the length of the Alpha testing phase?
If I recall correctly each wave for WFA alpha lasted about 1-2 weeks (may be different). It should be safe to assume it would probably be about the same amount of time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 19
Peru 10
unknown 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %