Login

russian armor

Wurfrahmen 40 ("launch frame 40")

26 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM

i think is overpowered , i think that in real life the rockets did not have such a destructive power .

Introduced in late 1940, the weapon system was a framework with adjustable base plates fitted over and alongside a vehicle which could hold 300 mm high explosive (HE) rockets; 280 mm HE and 320 mm incendiary rockets were also used, the rockets being fired while in their loading crates. Although spin stabilized, the rockets were not as accurate as conventional artillery and reloading was time consuming due to the rocket's weight. Rockets were ripple-fired in large numbers where feasible to quickly saturate a target. The Wurfrahmen 40 was successful in service as a support weapon for the mobile Panzer formations, particularly in urban areas.

Wurfrahmen mounted on Sdkfz 251
26 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM

The only problem is the accuracy.

For 100FU its firepower isn't exactly unjustified. But the ability to draw a creeping barrage from vet 0 and with no MU cost makes it, frankly, too good at certain jobs. Compare it to the slow, lumbering creeping barrage that the Priest needs vet and MU to be able to use for an easy illustration of the issue.

Aiming at retreat lines on trois points, for example. Or any aiming at AT guns.

If it had an area scatter and a slightly slower launch animation it would, IMO, be absolutely fine.
26 Apr 2015, 14:00 PM
Donator 33

A very long cooldown and relatively high fuel cost for a barrage that is probably only effective vs support weapons is fine IMO.

The accuracy has its pro and cons. It's good vs support weapons (obviously) but highly unreliable vs normal inf.
26 Apr 2015, 14:52 PM

in general i hate precision strikes starting from mortars, katys, ml 20 to the stuka... they should not be in the game at all, not for any munitions costs or at any vet lvl.

stuka should fire a normal barrage like any other rocket arty in the game

the price should go down to 85 fuel, vet requirements reduced by 20-30%, and the incendiary vet ability moved to vet 3.

im not sure about the aoe since it has a long cooldown and it fires 6 rockets while others fire 10 and 16
26 Apr 2015, 14:54 PM

26 Apr 2015, 15:01 PM

I would prefer normal barrage with RNG involved. It would be better for both sides, why?

No more wiping defensive structures and units you built for 5 mins.
No more wiping your whole army in narrows places.
No more useless barrages cause enemy moved just a bit
No more useless rockets cause right now, agasint moving enemy 1 rocket can hit but the rest will miss.

But most important is what I said about missing.
Stuka is weird unit. It can wipe whole army, or miss whole army just by a hair, that's why normal barrage would be better.

It's just theory tho, I have no problems with Stuka. Just move or retreat when you hear sound.
26 Apr 2015, 17:01 PM

its borderline op, it needs a small damage nerf with a normal barrage, not a creeping barrage style.

its not exactly super expensive either, it has superior protection and double the hp of other rocket artillery and in a faction with hyper-efficient teching costs.

too many times rockets fall way too close to each other and wiping infantry and support teams. though there are times by the hand of god, it kills nothing.
26 Apr 2015, 17:28 PM

It's much less cost efficient than the Katyusha due to the long barrage cool down while costing 151 fuel because of OKW's fuel penalty. Getting one is a huge investment.

I would support it just having a regular barrage with a regular cool down instead of the current precision strike mechanic, would make it better at killing blobs instead of being good only for wiping out support weapons.
26 Apr 2015, 17:44 PM

A nerf to its performance would only make sense if the cost is reduced as well. I think its performance is a bit exaggerated in general, especially since it got nerfed over time already.
26 Apr 2015, 18:21 PM

I would prefer normal barrage with RNG involved. It would be better for both sides, why?

No more wiping defensive structures and units you built for 5 mins.
No more wiping your whole army in narrows places.
No more useless barrages cause enemy moved just a bit
No more useless rockets cause right now, agasint moving enemy 1 rocket can hit but the rest will miss.

But most important is what I said about missing.
Stuka is weird unit. It can wipe whole army, or miss whole army just by a hair, that's why normal barrage would be better.

It's just theory tho, I have no problems with Stuka. Just move or retreat when you hear sound.

This.

This unit either kills your whole goddamn army, or does nothing and is very map dependent. It's also 100 goddamn fuel, for OKW and if you transfer muni to fuel you are not gonna have LMG34s and Schrecks. Normal, but still devastating barrage is what stuka needs. Maybe Creeping barrage at vet3 and incendiary at 4 or 5.
26 Apr 2015, 18:39 PM

I think the Stuka barrages are easy to avoid lol since they always have just a straight line of barrage. Good for barraging nice big blobs since they can't all move away fast enough.
26 Apr 2015, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2015, 17:44 PMgokkel
A nerf to its performance would only make sense if the cost is reduced as well. I think its performance is a bit exaggerated in general, especially since it got nerfed over time already.

And yes gokkel relic nerfed its AoE so making it barrage like a panzerwerfer won't be a pretty picture.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★