Login

russian armor

m36-Jackson is over performing

PAGES (7)down
24 Apr 2015, 20:28 PM

wasn't it listed as getting a damage reduction but didn't actually get it or something?
Personally I don't think its over performing it is essentially a glass cannon.

It got a damage reduction slightly and a pen increase. This change helps Jacksons do consistant damage to heavier tanks as well as giving medium armor more breathing room. The only real looser in this change was the Panther, for the damage reduction does not allow the Panther to take another shot. You can go to Corp. Shepereds Patch analysis for a more detailed explanation.
24 Apr 2015, 20:28 PM

The m36 is easy to force away if you play well. Remember the whole never lead with armor lesson? Panthers only have 10 less range. That's not negligible, but it's not much considering it's % to bounce and hp pool. The jackson is the only real threat(aside from p47s) to anything bigger than a p4 in the usf arsenal. Boody freaking hoo, I can't Yolo my armor into American lines and come out needing only a paint job. Volks still have shreks and m36 still doesn't have an mg. 2 jacksons will kill a panther as they should. But 1v1 panther should win. Basically it comes down to support.
24 Apr 2015, 20:33 PM

24 Apr 2015, 20:43 PM

Because Volks aren't infantry and don't counter Jacksons?

Jacksons have 60 range, and they tend to having things between them and the Jacksons that want them dead. Do unsupported Jacksons suck ass? Yes, the same can be said for every TD in the game.

wasn't it listed as getting a damage reduction but didn't actually get it or something?
Personally I don't think its over performing it is essentially a glass cannon.

HVAP rounds still do 240 damage.

JP4 hard counters the jackson and american T4 unless you drive it in backwards or let the jackson behind you when you have a shrek blob and raketens supporting.

You don't need to flank the JPIV to penetrate it, the main gun on the Jackson will frontally penetrate a JPIV 86% of the time at maximum range.

Once upon a time the JPIV was a hard counter to American T4, not anymore.

The m36 is easy to force away if you play well. Remember the whole never lead with armor lesson? Panthers only have 10 less range. That's not negligible, but it's not much considering it's % to bounce and hp pool. The jackson is the only real threat(aside from p47s) to anything bigger than a p4 in the usf arsenal. Boody freaking hoo, I can't Yolo my armor into American lines and come out needing only a paint job. Volks still have shreks and m36 still doesn't have an mg. 2 jacksons will kill a panther as they should. But 1v1 panther should win. Basically it comes down to support.

It's not about forcing it away, it's about being able to fight it without being kited to hell and back. Forcing it away does nothing because it's fast enough to scoot into range, fire, and then retreat while taking only 1 hit.
24 Apr 2015, 21:02 PM

sometimes I have no clue what is wrong with some people :D.

lol :D
24 Apr 2015, 21:09 PM
Patrion 28

You don't need to flank the JPIV to penetrate it, the main gun on the Jackson will frontally penetrate a JPIV 86% of the time at maximum range.

that's assuming it hits; the jpIV is tiny.
24 Apr 2015, 22:53 PM
Patrion 14

Jacksons have 60 range, and they tend to having things between them and the Jacksons that want them dead. Do unsupported Jacksons suck ass? Yes, the same can be said for every TD in the game.

HVAP rounds still do 240 damage.

It's not about forcing it away, it's about being able to fight it without being kited to hell and back. Forcing it away does nothing because it's fast enough to scoot into range, fire, and then retreat while taking only 1 hit.

JP4 have 60 range too, and you can't expect me to believe that the jackson has infantry infront but the JP4 doesn't have the famous schrek-volks nearby? When both of these units are supported (as they should be), the JP4 has the advantage due to its higher DPS and smaller target size, while the Jackson has to rely more on getting "just" out of the JP4s arc of fire. 1v1, jackson loses 100% of the time assuming supporting infantry. The thing is, it will never be a 1v1, and the jackson will usually have a sherman supporting it. THIS is what tips the battle in the jackson's favor, by forcing the JP4 to attack the sherman, the USF player can get free damage off on the jp4, since the sherman is the biggest threat to the supporting infantry.

I like the current matchup and I think that it is perfectly fine as is. JP4 is quite powerful when supported, just strong enough as justified by OKW's income. I see no reason why people think the jackson is too powerful vs. anything, it takes longer to kill a p4 than an su85, and is a reliable threat to heavies now.
24 Apr 2015, 23:19 PM
Patrion 28

why would you attack the sherman? let the schrecks kill it and go for the jackson; it'll die faster. also, keep backing up. even if you don't hit as much you'll be hit less and your infantry can do the damage.
24 Apr 2015, 23:23 PM
Patrion 14

why would you attack the sherman? let the schrecks kill it and go for the jackson; it'll die faster. also, keep backing up. even if you don't hit as much you'll be hit less and your infantry can do the damage.

I'd rather focus the sherman because the sherman is the biggest problem to my infantry, and without a sherman, USF inf lategame can't standup to OKW inf.

Better to kill a sherman than to let both escape.
24 Apr 2015, 23:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You don't need to flank the JPIV to penetrate it

what changed? JP4 will still kill a scott in 2 hits with the same range as scott unless scott is barraging,will pwn a jackson in 3(jackson takes 4 hits to kill a JP4 with a much lower rate of fire unless it uses these glitched AP rounds,which do take time to load),and a flanking yolo sherman will die every single time if you use your Jp4 right with shrek volk raketen and mine support like any decent OKW would do.

And once JP4 vets...forget building tanks as USF. Which means GG against Obers and volks 90% of the time.

The JP4 is the best non doc TD in the game,saying it is anything else is just :guyokay: ....

25 Apr 2015, 01:18 AM

what changed? JP4 will still kill a scott in 2 hits with the same range as scott unless scott is barraging,will pwn a jackson in 3(jackson takes 4 hits to kill a JP4 with a much lower rate of fire unless it uses these glitched AP rounds,which do take time to load),and a flanking yolo sherman will die every single time if you use your Jp4 right with shrek volk raketen and mine support like any decent OKW would do.

And once JP4 vets...forget building tanks as USF. Which means GG against Obers and volks 90% of the time.

The JP4 is the best non doc TD in the game,saying it is anything else is just :guyokay: ....

The JPIV's biggest weakness is it's extremely poor mobility, while the Jackson is far more mobile. The two tanks are the exact opposite of each other. Before the Jackson had a weakness; low pen and thin armor. One of those weakness's was totally taken away so now the JPIV has lower pen, lower damage, and much much lower mobility.

The Jackson for cost is far more effective than the JPIV, but the JPIV is all OKW has so that's why you see it more than you used to. (If you count the reduced fuel income the JPIV is 204 fuel).

Nobody is asking for the Jackson to be put back to it's old state, I would be very very happy to see it just get 160 damage and have the USF AT gun get a large buff and the zook get a large buff. USF needs more diverse AT.
25 Apr 2015, 02:04 AM

m36 op ? :facepalm:
25 Apr 2015, 02:11 AM

btw as Ostheer if you want to counter Jacksons, if you hull down a Panther it has higher range than the Jackson and hull down vehicles are P-47 proof, so go wild.
25 Apr 2015, 02:12 AM

hull down vehicles are P-47 proof, so go wild.
Really? How so?
25 Apr 2015, 03:14 AM

Okay. Remove the Jackson, replace it with a Roo--said Roo having a single Rifle squad in it, armed with a BAR, three RE Carbines, and a Bazooka. Make it 300 MP and 130 FU.

There, your guys' brand of balance.

Seriously, this is now just pants on head. Jesus H F*cking Christ, use some damned combined arms and shove the Jackson away with a Poopsh*t or your usual Volkshreckadiere blob.

Also, lol.
25 Apr 2015, 04:04 AM
Patrion 28

Really? How so?

p-47s don't hit stationary vehicles (even heavies) and the defilade gives a damage reduction iirc.
25 Apr 2015, 04:31 AM

Just use true sight to protect your tanks while bringing paks forward, covering the paks with the tanks.

Its more of a problem in open maps (for Ost with no JP4). If you dont go elifant you'l just have to use forward paks again and try to defend them Vs inf.
25 Apr 2015, 05:41 AM

Lol.

Jackson only got an adjustment. Not a nerf, not a buff. Damage reduction, pen increase to make it more consistent. Its still paper thin, and not any harder to counter than before. If you can't capitalize on a teller mine hitting it, you have other problems.

BIG OL LIST OF COUNTERS

Ostheer: Paks, Pgren schrecks, stormtrooper schrecks, panther, stuka CAS, Gren/Osttruppen faust snares, teller mines, pak 43

OKW: Volk schrecks, schu mine, Raketen, JP4, pak 43, falls faust, jagdtiger, kingtiger, panther.

Work on your positioning, jacksons are stupid easy to kill.
25 Apr 2015, 05:55 AM

p-47s don't hit stationary vehicles (even heavies) and the defilade gives a damage reduction iirc.

If you combined the CPIV with hull down your tanks become P-47 proof, as in the P-47's WILL shoot at you, they just won't do any damage.
25 Apr 2015, 07:43 AM

If you can get Relic to redesign USF, then you can change the Jackson.

The Jackson is USF's one in two entire AT options for the faction, and the only one that can do something to a heavy tank.

Agreed. Without Jacksons, USFs have no non doctrine counters to heavies. They dont even have proper AT gun or Infantry AT.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %