Login

russian armor

Brainstorming: An Ostheer Rework

14 Apr 2015, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 11:01 AMRMMLz
IMO Ostheer is the best designed faction, and the only faction which does not require a redesign. Only nefrs and buffs.

I think you're right. The Call-In Meta and the too expensive T4 makes it look bad.
Otherwise it's the only faction IMO that does not rely on cheesy tactics to win.
All other factions have some strats everybody does because it's powerful but in an unrealistic way, e.g. truck pushing as OKW.
14 Apr 2015, 06:36 AM

ahhh, proposing the changes from your mini-mod.

cleverrr, bait and switch :P

but seriously, good on you for keeping the discourse alive. even if i think the extent of relics response would be akin to them going "you said wuuutttt?? uh huuhhhhh."
14 Apr 2015, 06:53 AM

IMO

Tier 2 seems to have a reasonable price considering you unlock both LMG and Rifle nades for grens while allies have to pay individually for this.

As for T4 simply changing the cost of BP2 with the cost of T3 (this has been suggested by others in the past) would allow a cheaper and faster T4 without making T3 units hitting the field any earlier and would make a flamer HT (completely unseen unit since upgrade was tied with BP2) hit the field sooner, I would go as far as reverting the Flamer upgrade to unlock at T2 since US can get their HT which will hard counter a flamer HT at around the same time.

The cost for BP2 is 200Mp 55Fuel

While T3 cost 160Mp and 25Fuel

Changing this would cut the fuel price for BP2 in half and a minor 40mp diference

In total you would pay BP2 160Mp 25Fuel plus BP3 200Mp 60Fuel and T4 160Mp 30Fuel

520Mp 115Fuel seems a bit cheap on fuel but don't forget you had to previously gather 60 Fuel for BP1 and T2, maybe reducing the mp cost on BP3 and T4 a bit but nothing huge small changes or you risk making it too cheap.
14 Apr 2015, 08:06 AM

ahhh, proposing the changes from your mini-mod.

Only the first half, and forgive me if the things I do coincide with things I feel are right. ^^
14 Apr 2015, 08:39 AM

Good ideas overall and I think PzWerfer in T3 would be also apropriate. Turning Stug into SU-85 would not be a good idea though, it can use some penetration buff though. Changes to PZIV are not ok in my view, not the buff, nor cost increase. How much more expensive ostheer armor should be...?!
The way I see it:

T3 - the units you said, with a small pen buff for STUG.
T4 - PZIV, Panther and Brummbar, with a fuel cost decrease for PZIV.

As for the rest of the changes I'm ok with them.
14 Apr 2015, 10:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 06:53 AMJZuna
IMO

Tier 2 seems to have a reasonable price considering you unlock both LMG and Rifle nades for grens while allies have to pay individually for this.

Sure but by segmenting that we can make the T2 units available earlier while locking the LMG and Rifle Grenades at a point where they should come, instead of balancing the tier for the T1-based upgrades and delaying units that would be balanced either way far too much.
14 Apr 2015, 13:14 PM

Sure but by segmenting that we can make the T2 units available earlier while locking the LMG and Rifle Grenades at a point where they should come, instead of balancing the tier for the T1-based upgrades and delaying units that would be balanced either way far too much.

I see so how about something like building T1 unlocks T2 and BP1 unlocks the Rifle nade, LMG, and BP2 this way you get T2 faster and keep the BP design.

Im just trying to come up with ways that don't involve major faction redesigns because I don't think relic will commit to big changes with the Tier system of any faction, some cost adjustments would be necessary to keep T2 from coming out to soon.

The way I see it BP1 exists to give you LMG and Rifle nades, removing these upgrades from BP would make BP cheaper and that would mean medium armor would hit the field way earlier than it should
15 Apr 2015, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 13:14 PMJZuna

The way I see it BP1 exists to give you LMG and Rifle nades, removing these upgrades from BP would make BP cheaper and that would mean medium armor would hit the field way earlier than it should

It's not removing. It's adding a secondary requirement, but that doesn't make LMGs or Rifle Nades more expensive in their arrival than before.
15 Apr 2015, 10:41 AM

Some changes I'd like to see:

Move Grens to HQ.
Move PaK to T1.
Bring back Motorbike from CoH1 as a T1 unit.
Move Sniper and Mortar to T2.
15 Apr 2015, 17:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Move Sniper and Mortar to T2.

If that happened, Maxim spam might actually approach being viable against Ostheer again.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★