Login

russian armor

I miss the old guard,: where are they??

PAGES (9)down
20 Apr 2015, 23:32 PM

we should close the thread. CoH2 Fanboys will never see the truth and Coh1 Fanboys will die.

And what is the Truth? That coh1 had some of the worst RNG ever seen? missing countersnipes, m8 driving away with 5% after 3 pak hits, offmap not finishing off T2 building, shreks hitting ground all the time
21 Apr 2015, 00:35 AM

What do u expect of a British noob. Nothing more to say

Did u ever saw Plane crashes? Plane roadrunn kill, KT IS2 fullunit 1 shoot wipes? random crits by Rax Grenns Cons? Nates who just doin random damage. why im writing this.

21 Apr 2015, 00:54 AM

we should close the thread. CoH2 Fanboys will never see the truth and Coh1 Fanboys will die.

If all of you guys love vCoH so much, and all of you want to play it... why not play it... literally no one is stopping you.

When SSBB came out and part of the smash community liked it, the other part hated it - what did people do? *gasp* the people that played SSBM played SSBM, the people that played SSBB played SSBB. Now they're both highly competitive fighters.

When SC 2 came out what did people that loved SC:BW do? They played SC:BW...

When CSS came out the people that hated it played CS 1.6...

Examples all over the place.

So much talk and so much of people doing nothing for the vCoH community except whining about how bad CoH 2 is. Makes no sense. Go do something for the community you claim to care about so much and the game you claim to love so much instead of shitposting about a game you don't even play.
21 Apr 2015, 00:55 AM

What do u expect of a British noob. Nothing more to say

Did u ever saw Plane crashes? Plane roadrunn kill, KT IS2 fullunit 1 shoot wipes? random crits by Rax Grenns Cons? Nates who just doin random damage. why im writing this.

If you actually think that grenades do random damage or that Grens/Cons can "crit" a unit...

You're ignorant beyond salvation about CoH 2's mechanics. Sorry.
21 Apr 2015, 05:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 00:54 AMCieZ

If all of you guys love vCoH so much, and all of you want to play it... why not play it... literally no one is stopping you.

When SSBB came out and part of the smash community liked it, the other part hated it - what did people do? *gasp* the people that played SSBM played SSBM, the people that played SSBB played SSBB. Now they're both highly competitive fighters.

When SC 2 came out what did people that loved SC:BW do? They played SC:BW...

When CSS came out the people that hated it played CS 1.6...

Examples all over the place.

So much talk and so much of people doing nothing for the vCoH community except whining about how bad CoH 2 is. Makes no sense. Go do something for the community you claim to care about so much and the game you claim to love so much instead of shitposting about a game you don't even play.

this coh2 fanboys

the most people left coh cause of the first buggy steam version(i bet all it was intentionally)
people are older and in coh1 is nothing new or some not fixed so it make fun to play
other problem is the player base...

i dont know why i write here the hole time
this coh2 fanboys knows all everytime better :D
21 Apr 2015, 06:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 18:30 PMInverse
The thing is, in the case of SC2 and Dota 2, those communities never shrunk. The rate at which they grew is of course going to be related in some way to the rate at which the games themselves grew, but the competitive communities never shrank. CSGO's community, on the other hand, was tiny until Valve took it over and finally fixed some of its major design problems.

CoH2 is taking the CSGO trajectory much more so than the SC2 or Dota 2 trajectories, except Relic hasn't shown any willingness to reconsider problematic core design decisions like Valve did when they took over CSGO. Without Valve's intervention, that game would've died a long time ago.

As for comparisons to CoH1, I feel it's totally fair because failing to retain your most dedicated player base in your sequel is a major failure for a multiplayer game. If CoH2 were at least as compelling competitively as CoH1 was, there is absolutely zero reason that the game could not have at the very least maintained its numbers. But that didn't happen, and now the competitive CoH1 and competitive CoH2 communities are almost entirely segregated in terms of who has played which game at a high level. In SC2, Dota 2, and to a lesser extent CSGO there's a large amount of overlap between the different versions of the games; in CoH2 there's almost zero.

It wasn't the core design that plagued CS:GO (apart from the weapon balance), it was lack of design in some key areas, mostly competitive.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/05/how-counter-strike-global-offensive-turned-itself-around/ - this is a great article.
21 Apr 2015, 06:54 AM

It is worth considering that RTS as a genre has been on a huge decline recently, SC2 isn't pulling in great numbers anymore and grey goo has already disappeared in the abyss.

21 Apr 2015, 07:02 AM

21 Apr 2015, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2015, 17:34 PMInverse
Sure, that's a possibility. But when we look at sequels to games that resulted in larger and healthier competitive communities than their predecessors (see SC2, Dota 2, CSGO), the growth of those games corresponded with major growth in the forum hubs of their competitive scenes (TeamLiquid, HLTV.org, Dota's various communities and the new ones that popped up after its success). Those forums grew exponentially alongside the growth of their respective games. The fact that it happened not once, not twice, but three times with three separate games is pretty compelling evidence that people aren't simply replacing forum usage with other mediums.

Compare that growth to the community situation for CoH2. The GR CoH2 portal is essentially nonexistent. The daily active membership on COH2.ORG is a fraction of what the GR CoH1 portal enjoyed. There were regularly 800-900 concurrent users browsing the GR CoH1 portal before CoH2's release; the most concurrent users ever on COH2.ORG is 775.

These other games have more popular streamers with more viewers, better observer functions, and more penetration of services like YouTube. Yet in each and every instance, rather than shrinking like your hypothesis would suggest, growth of these games' competitive scenes correlated with growth of their main forum hubs for competitive play. Looking at forum activity and member numbers, CoH's forum hub for competitive play has shrunk since CoH2's release. It doesn't instill much confidence in the strength of CoH2's competitive scene.

We know sequels do not retain 100% of the originals player base, you can't please everyone.

I have witnessed this happen often from quake 1 to quake 2 to quake 3, from RTCW to ET, this is especially true when concerning top players.

COH1's community was so small comparatively to other titles that the impact of players not transitioning to COH2 initially was far more obvious and still is to some.

DOTA2 and CS:GO both had very poorly received early years, hopefully if Relic has the inclination, COH2 can become a more exciting competitive game.
21 Apr 2015, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 00:32 AMnekron

can anyone help this guy please??? he really need help :help:

this is to stupid what u say here to give a answer... poor guy :loco:

proof me wrong please? sometimes it seems to me prejudices keep people away from trying out cool new stuff...

21 Apr 2015, 08:23 AM
Patrion 14

If you guys keep up with badly written ad hominem attacks, I'll close the thread. The topic was about the old guard, not about vcoh fanboys blaming coh2 fanboys for being fanboys that blame other fanboys about being fanboys that hate fanboys of another game.

Back on topic gents.
21 Apr 2015, 09:27 AM

proof me wrong please? sometimes it seems to me prejudices keep people away from trying out cool new stuff...

and i try new cool stuff like battlefield 3/4 modern warfare aoe2/3 gta5
but coh2 isnt on of my new games and how u see fro many old coh1 playern it isnt too his favorite game..

i played 200 hours coh2 and it was bad so not interested anytime waste my time with this game

and it isnt cool
21 Apr 2015, 09:36 AM

If you guys keep up with badly written ad hominem attacks, I'll close the thread. The topic was about the old guard, not about vcoh fanboys blaming coh2 fanboys for being fanboys that blame other fanboys about being fanboys that hate fanboys of another game.

Back on topic gents.

kluge where we blame people here

it true what we say
shreks missed all the time??? is a shrek a hardcounter for anything what is a vehicle
no it is support for paks and tanks maybe to pursue a vehicle what is go away

m8 not death after 3 pak shoots?? which patch or which situation
m8 is down from 1 mine and faust
or from 3 pak shoots

t2 not destroyed from every offmap?? its nice its a game of chicken u waste 150 ammo or not...

countersnipe miss it is ok in movement 50% chance for cs

really he said the stupidest things that he can say we have many more problems in coh1

at an example that relic/sega destroyed the game with the first steam version

nearly ALL coh1 player buyed coh2 and the result is nearly 20000 player at release and then in 1 or 2 month nearly 4000 :D why??? why all highskill player or the player in midskill they understand the game and like the movement from the units and the macro/micro what u need left coh2????explain it me please

greetz and watch no lucky strikes youtube post`s please during u read all threads

21 Apr 2015, 10:03 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 09:36 AMnekron

I'm not getting into this discussion, I'm only telling all of you to get back on topic.
21 Apr 2015, 10:09 AM

I'm not getting into this discussion, I'm only telling all of you to get back on topic.

aigh aigh sir B-)
21 Apr 2015, 10:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 06:54 AMwuff
It is worth considering that RTS as a genre has been on a huge decline recently, SC2 isn't pulling in great numbers anymore and grey goo has already disappeared in the abyss.

I agree with you on the decline of RTS, but it should be noted of course a company such as Blizzard doesn't need just SC2 to stay afloat, when they have an MMO with several millions subs, a still popular RTS, whatever kind of game Diablo is classed as, free to play Hearthstone (although people always dump money into it) and an increasingly popular MOBA still in beta.

Relic on the other hand... Well they are pretty much shit out of luck in that department.
21 Apr 2015, 12:04 PM

Relic works under SEGA afaik which does have other franchises though.
21 Apr 2015, 12:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 09:36 AMnekron

kluge where we blame people here

it true what we say
shreks missed all the time??? is a shrek a hardcounter for anything what is a vehicle
no it is support for paks and tanks maybe to pursue a vehicle what is go away

m8 not death after 3 pak shoots?? which patch or which situation
m8 is down from 1 mine and faust
or from 3 pak shoots

t2 not destroyed from every offmap?? its nice its a game of chicken u waste 150 ammo or not...

countersnipe miss it is ok in movement 50% chance for cs

really he said the stupidest things that he can say we have many more problems in coh1

at an example that relic/sega destroyed the game with the first steam version

nearly ALL coh1 player buyed coh2 and the result is nearly 20000 player at release and then in 1 or 2 month nearly 4000 :D why??? why all highskill player or the player in midskill they understand the game and like the movement from the units and the macro/micro what u need left coh2????explain it me please

greetz and watch no lucky strikes youtube post`s please during u read all threads

The number is likely to be around 12000 active players.

21 Apr 2015, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2015, 12:24 PMwuff

The number is likely to be around 12000 active players.

current player count by steam :

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight