Login

russian armor

Urban Tactics Forward Hq Issue

11 Apr 2015, 15:33 PM

Has anything been done about this ability? On the right map it's incredibly tough to take down (especially as Ostheer.) 2 games now I've been murdered because they've rushed the biggest building closest to my base and spammed conscripts.

Maybe it should be only used on buildings that is friendly territory. Thoughts?
11 Apr 2015, 15:38 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 15:33 PMJason

Maybe it should be only used on buildings that is friendly territory. Thoughts?

Dont allow okw med trucks to reinforce outside of friendly territory. then u have a deal
11 Apr 2015, 15:40 PM

Tough? As ostheer?

Mortar Half Truck anyone?
11 Apr 2015, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 15:40 PMKatitof
Tough? As ostheer?

Mortar Half Truck anyone?

I am talking about buildings that take 2 hits from a Stuka.. mortars are an option but they simply mortar you back whilst being healed.
11 Apr 2015, 15:45 PM

He hasn't specified if hes facing this in 1's or 4's
I would assume its a joke in 1's but in 3's and 4's its quite strong.

You beat it by:
-MG Locking
-Flame pio it
-Mortar HT
-Have your ally make a stuka (Hardest counter)
11 Apr 2015, 15:46 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 15:44 PMJason

I am talking about buildings that take 2 hits from a Stuka.. mortars are an option but they simply mortar you back whilst being healed.

it has flame barrage, intant kills most buildings
11 Apr 2015, 15:55 PM

But you need to, like, click on the mortar HT icon.

And then spend, like, 45 muni to instntly waste 300MP/60FU.

That's, like. Three clicks. Dude. Way too hard to achieve.

And you can't do it whilst also using CAS
11 Apr 2015, 16:02 PM

Lets hope you have one of the two commanders in your load out one of which is very weak.
Otherwise, good luck...also isn't unlocked until 2cp and costs 66% that of the FHQ.
11 Apr 2015, 16:07 PM

Permanently Banned

Lets hope you have one of the two commanders in your load out one of which is very weak.
Otherwise, good luck...also isn't unlocked until 2cp and costs 66% that of the FHQ.

always have them. the commanders are weak, but not as weak as urban defense after u win the early game
11 Apr 2015, 16:12 PM

Sometimes it makes them catch fire (which is not really an instant kill, but makes sure it will go down eventually), but it does not work all the time. You may need multiple barrages costing a lot of munition and most importantly costing a lot of time. In my opinion such a powerful ability should be able to be properly countered by other means than doctrinal random abilities. At least OKW can get a Stuka.

Regular mortars should just be doing more damage to those things, or some kind of other restrictions to the FHQ without making it pointless.
11 Apr 2015, 16:14 PM

always have them. the commanders are weak, but not as weak as urban defense after u win the early game

You can't be serious dude. To constantly have one of the weakest commanders in my line-up to counter a 0CP ability. Not cool.
11 Apr 2015, 16:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to COH2 Gameplay
11 Apr 2015, 16:16 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 16:14 PMJason

You can't be serious dude. To constantly have one of the weakest commanders in my line-up to counter a 0CP ability. Not cool.

Then continue to lose and complain about it

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 16:12 PMgokkel

Sometimes it makes them catch fire (which is not really an instant kill, but makes sure it will go down eventually), but it does not work all the time. You may need multiple barrages costing a lot of munition and most importantly costing a lot of time. In my opinion such a powerful ability should be able to be properly countered by other means than doctrinal random abilities. At least OKW can get a Stuka.

Regular mortars should just be doing more damage to those things, or some kind of other restrictions to the FHQ without making it pointless.

it basically is insta-kill, u wont enter a burning building. it doesnt take multiple barrages if u move the HT close enough. This also depends on the building
11 Apr 2015, 16:20 PM

Then continue to lose and complain about it

it basically is insta-kill, u wont enter a burning building. it doesnt take multiple barrages if u move the HT close enough. This also depends on the building

Sounds easy. Not so much with hordes of conscripts and Zis guns guarding it.
11 Apr 2015, 16:25 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 16:20 PMJason

Sounds easy. Not so much with hordes of conscripts and Zis guns guarding it.

learn how to play and properly counter commanders then. I cant help you if u keep making up excuses to convince me that this commander is op
11 Apr 2015, 16:39 PM

I'm personally not very happy about how the only way you can use this doctrine is to be very aggressive with it and get it up at your enemy's territory or very close and then spam it, hogging all the resources to delay the many counters to it.

I would be okay with friendly territory only if the buildings were repairable and had higher maximum health when used as HQs. I guess they could in turn be limited to one... But a straight nerf is out of the question as there are already many counters.
11 Apr 2015, 16:48 PM
Donator 11

Queenratchet is right, the flamer ht commander (the one with tiger) is one of the strongest ost commanders. Also its ostheers job to kill those hqs, waiting for stuka means loosing a match. Sure you want have CAS but tiger + smoke work wonders together. As for the cost of fht it can kill multiple hqs and is also usefull after killing them, especially vs mortar spammers. Just keep that one commander in leadout or loose, its that simple. Concidering it completely nagates popular soviet commander it is not that bad.

Btw soviets also keep that commander in their leadout to capitalise on stupidity of people not having the counter.
11 Apr 2015, 17:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2015, 16:14 PMJason

You ain't referring to Spearhead, right?

I'm personally not very happy about how the only way you can use this doctrine is to be very aggressive with it and get it up at your enemy's territory or very close and then spam it, hogging all the resources to delay the many counters to it.

I would be okay with friendly territory only if the buildings were repairable and had higher maximum health when used as HQs. I guess they could in turn be limited to one... But a straight nerf is out of the question as there are already many counters.

Totally in agreement.

When I hear "Urban Defence Tactics" I think of troops stubbornly holding ground, making the enemy pay for every inch of territory.

I don't think of cheesing the shit out of a match by immediately running into the enemy's cutoff.
11 Apr 2015, 17:47 PM

Just played against this, was very simple to win. Using MG's and Kubels pin all his men around the FHQ. Use units to pick of squads trying to crawl away. Bleed them of MP while one player gets Flak HT or Flamers or MTHT, or even stuka if you can hold on.

Biggest thing is to keep them pinned so you can work.

Cheesey and beatable.

Also don't come here looking for advice, get it, and then say, nope can't do it. I don't want to use that commander ever.
11 Apr 2015, 17:59 PM
Patrion 14

this would be nicer imo.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS