Login

russian armor

New Factions ideas; Yes That's Plural! 2nd Sino Japanese War

10 Apr 2015, 20:16 PM

So we all know that new factions are in the pipe, and people are getting excited that the Brodie Helmet or hints on a Burma map or some datamined British files...buuuuut ya know what be pretty cool is if the Brodie Helmet was on top of not a British solider, but a Chinese one!

Now don't get me wrong, this is merely just tossing around ideas, and thought it'd be cool, its really unlikely Relic would do this (but if you're reading, free ideas!). The reasoning behind all this is that, the theme of CoH2 has been like forgotten theaters of command (just look back to their first trailer of this game) and there hasn't really been much in the way of games for the 2nd Sino Japanese War. If there is worry about the political implications, there was already that with Soviets vs 3rd Reich (especially during the campaign) and also, there's free speech in most places the game is sold. Also, it would be much much different that anything we've had before.

Also before I get into design, I'm not a game dev of any kind, so some of you will look below and are like, "oh this is OP/UP" and it may very well be. It's just a hypothetical outline folks, feel free to tweak and balance it. Anyway onto the factions.

One more reminder, this is a first draft and may not be the most balanced, you smarter people can work out the finer details, this is more of an outline.

Also before someone says that these factions only had "X" number available of said unit or only had them in "insert place", bear in mind, the Ostwind, think the Ostwind, it exists in game, its a stock unit, get over it. Ostwind breaks most historical arguments

Faction 1: 2nd United Front (Kuomingtang & CPC Alliance)

Techning Style: KMT units are a linear path, you build one building to next; CPC units are built from a converted civilian building similar to Soviet Urban Defense Doctrine
Vet Style: Follows similar track as Soviet equivalents, just stats instead of abilities

I. Tier 0: Field Headquarters

---Medical Tent---
Costs 250MP, heals units

---Police Militia---
-180MP, 3 pop
-6 Man
-Armed with 4x C96 pistols and 2x Chaing Kai ShekRilfes; pistol dps similar to Rear Echelon, Rifles dps similar to Combat Engineers
-Upgrades with 50muni Trowels (serves as minesweepers)
-Can construct anti-personnel and anti-tank mines (similar to Wehr costs), sandbags, and barbed wire, supply caches and tier buildings
-Special: Can permanently convert into a weapon team: Type 24 HMG team or Type 41 Mountain Gun Team (works like pack howie, only with slightly better AT); conversions costs 45muni and 3-5 second conversion time
-Special 2: Can convert civilian building into CPC Hideout

---KMT Regulars---
-240MP, 5 pop
-5 Man
-Armed with 5x Chiang Kai Shek Rifles (dps in-between Conscripts and Grens), and 40muni AT-Bundled Grenade (causes light vehicle damage, engine damage, and can harm nearby enemy infantry)
-Upgrade 1: 70muni Lieutenant adds one more to squad armed with MP18 SMG (performs like Thompson for US), gives unit stealth when in heavy cover (long cooldown)
-Upgrade 2: 50muni DaDao Swords gives the whole unit swords that allow them to perform "SHA!" warcry (means 'kill'), unit gains oorah like sprint towards enemy and slashes individual units for damage and chance for RNG instant kill (like flamethrower) one time. SHA! Charge gives the squad huge received accuracy so if you use it unwisely your whole squad can get wiped on the way to the enemy squad

II. Tier "0-B": CPC Hideout (no tech requirement)
Costs 300MP, 30FU
Units can reinforce from this building, must be made from a civilian building

---CPC Guerrillas---
-300MP, 7 pop
-6 Man
-Armed with 4x Chaing Kai Shek Rilfes (perform like Cons) and 2x random weapons (can be PTRD AT Rifle, PPSh, or DP-28 in any combo); 45muni Molotov Assault (like grenade assault only with molotovs)
-Can plant 20muni light Anti-personal mine (can only kill one model but is unsweepable) and 45 muni tank stunning mine (like Tank Hunter Doc)
-Can find "crawling dead" Allied troops and convert them into MP (20-40 per body) to act as casualty recovery or interrogate "crawling dead" Axis troops for map info, takes 5-7 seconds

---CPC Markswoman---
-340MP, 9 pop
-4 Woman
-Armed with Scoped Arisaka Rifles, perform like US Pathfinders in that they do damage but can gain instant kill critical on low health models
-Can plant 90muni Demo-Trap on Strategic Points and Buildings, has great sight range

III. Tier 1: Local Allies Liaison Headquarters
275MP, 50 FU

---Tank Hunters---
-320MP, 9 pop
-6 Man
-Armed with 4x Boys AT Rifle (performance like PTRS), 2x Sten Guns (performance like Assault Gren MP-40)
-Can build a trench, works like Ostruppen trench; when in Trench, Tank Hunters can be set to AA mode, work's as faction's anti-air asset

---BA-20 Armored Flamethrower Car---
-100MP, 25FUm 2 pop
-Performs similarly to Flame Half-Track from Wehr, only with one flamethrower

---Zis-2---
300MP, 7 pop
-5 Man
-Performs like Zis-3
-Gains Tracking with Vet

IV. Tier 2: Elite Divisional Camp (requires Tier 1)
275MP, 50FU

---German Trained Troops---
-400MP, 12 pop
-5 Man
-Armed with 5x KA 98K (dps like Obers)
-Ability: 30muni Grenade Assault
-Upgrade: 100muni 2x ZB-VZ 26 LMG's (dps like MG-42)

---Hui Cavalry---
-280MP, 5 pop
-4 Man on horses; very fast
-Armed with 4x Lee Enfield Rifles (in-between Gren and Ober rifle damage), high rate of fire; 4x Dadao swords
-Will not trip mines, but movement can be spotted through fog of war like tanks (smoke trails, sound)
-Can quickly decap territory, but cannot take territory
-Ability 1: SHA! warcry charge, works similarly to KMT Regular's ability
-Ability 2: AT-grenade Barrage (similar to the one in Tank Hunter Doc)

---T-26 Light Tank---
-200MP, 50FU, 6 pop
-Performance similar to T-70
-Has Secure Mode
-Upgrade: Binoculars 40muni, frontal sight range greatly increases

V. Lend Lease Assembly Yard
275MP, 70 FU, requires Tier 2

---Field Officer---
-360MP, 8 pop
-5 Man
-Armed with x1 C96 Pistol and 4x M1 Garands (performs like US Rifleman)
Abilites: 100muni Spyplane Pass (similar to Major plane pass, 120muni P-40 AT Dive Bomb Strike (arrives fast), 100Muni P-40 Machinegun Pass (works like not upgraded P-40 strafe from Ardennes Assault)

---M3 Lee---
-300MP, 80FU, 8 pop
-Performs as a M3 Sherman and a Stuart put together
-Ability: Shell Shot and Point Blank Engine Shot (just like the Stuart) on the 37mm gun
-Toggle HE and AP shells for 75mm gun
-Upgrade: .50 Cal, 60muni

---M18 Hellcat Tank Destroyer---
-300MP, 100FU, 8 pop
-Performs in-between M10 and Jackson
-Ability: AP Shells 45muni (similar to Jackson)

Doctrines:

I. Red Star Plan
-2 CP: "Shadow Movements" CPC Units can spawn from ambient buildings
-4 CP: "Overnight Trap" 90muni traps can be set on Strategic Points Remotely
-5 CP: "China Will Never Die!" 100muni, performs like For the Motherland from Counterattack Doc
-7 CP: "Overnight Mines" A large field of numerous assorted (all factions) mines will be placed in area size of large airstrike loiter circle, 2 minutes to finish deploy, cannot stop deployment but can be swept after deployment. 200muni
-9CP: "122mm Artillery Strike" 120muni

II: White Sun Blue Sky Plan
-2 CP: "Open the Warehouse!" One free squad/vehicle upgrade granted every 3-5 minutes, passive
-4 CP: "Local Production" Training and Building units is 15% Faster, passive
-5 CP: "Recon Flight" 60muni
-6 CP "Rapid Conscription" 120muni
-9 CP: "15cm sFH 18" 600MP, build on field, two modes. AT mode serves just like PaK 43, Howitzer mode serves like ML-20. 2 minutes to switch between modes

III: Foreign Aid Plan
-0 CP: "Radio Inetercept" passive
-1 CP: "Airdropped Weapons" 50 Muni Airdropped 2x random pickupable weapons, random weapons across all factions
-3 CP: "Airdropped Supplies" 300MP for 30 FU or 100muni, dropped in base
-6 CP: "Flying Tigers!" 70muni 1x Strafe with 2x planes firing machineguns and rockets, no suppression, performs decently against all targets
-9 CP: "M4 Sherman Call-In" Same as US M4 Sherman except 320MP, 100FU, 10 pop

Faction 2: Imperial Japan

Already detailed here, so I won't steal their thunder

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/72441-how-the-japanese-army-would-work-in-company-of-heroes-2

Comment below what you like, don't like, tweak, improve upon. We have some smart people here, make it happen!

(Yes there is unrealistic cross faction matches that will occur, we already have that with mixed Allies, so its not a big deal)

(Also if this is wrong sub-forum, admin please move thanks)
10 Apr 2015, 20:26 PM

Permanently Banned
there should be a french fraction with white flags.
Their tanks should have 5 reverse 1 forward gear etc..
10 Apr 2015, 20:31 PM

I like this a lot.
10 Apr 2015, 20:32 PM
Patrion 28

Cynthia said no japs and that japs is too racist so no japanese faction.
10 Apr 2015, 20:35 PM

Permanently Banned
kamikaze planes alreaady ingame, less develop time. They should rethink that.
10 Apr 2015, 20:38 PM

A lot of interesting ideas, I'm too tired to go in detail, sorry. But one major problem. This faction can not tech up in maps with very few civilian buildings, or the enemy can simply deny the buildings and you're done. Interesting Idea, but needs HUGE map adjustments, and even with that can not ever be balanced.

Just wanted to point out a game breaking issue, the rest are very interesting, both historically and gameplay-wise. There are some other issues thought, but I think a discussion can give you more ideas.

I know we are not gonna see these in game, but very interesting concepts. Maybe with a better mod tool...
10 Apr 2015, 20:44 PM

10 Apr 2015, 20:46 PM

Permanently Banned
i would see a japan fraction with polips ,and laser attached to their heads.

10 Apr 2015, 20:57 PM

Yeah its a reach, but one can dream no?

If anyone wants to make this into a mod go for it. Just slap my name somewhere on it and we're good =)
10 Apr 2015, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2015, 20:38 PMRMMLz
A lot of interesting ideas, I'm too tired to go in detail, sorry. But one major problem. This faction can not tech up in maps with very few civilian buildings, or the enemy can simply deny the buildings and you're done. Interesting Idea, but needs HUGE map adjustments, and even with that can not ever be balanced.

Just wanted to point out a game breaking issue, the rest are very interesting, both historically and gameplay-wise. There are some other issues thought, but I think a discussion can give you more ideas.

I know we are not gonna see these in game, but very interesting concepts. Maybe with a better mod tool...

Good news, the CPC Hideout requires no tech and the rest of the buildings do not require the CPC hideout. So you can forgo it entirely in your tech plans
10 Apr 2015, 21:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Correct sub-forum, M8 :)

Press the Report button, if you need help in moderating your thread ;)
10 Apr 2015, 21:05 PM

Good news, the CPC Hideout requires no tech and the rest of the buildings do not require the CPC hideout. So you can forgo it entirely in your tech plans

Ow, didn't pay enough attention.
10 Apr 2015, 21:14 PM

That free unit every few minutes ability seems gamebreaking. Is this faction supposed to lose squads on purpose? Isn't this against basic concepts of the game?
10 Apr 2015, 22:44 PM

That free unit every few minutes ability seems gamebreaking. Is this faction supposed to lose squads on purpose? Isn't this against basic concepts of the game?

It's not a free unit, its a free unit upgrade. Such as a weapon upgrade for a tank or squad is free every 3-5 minutes. I assume you're referring to the Doctrinal ability in the 2nd doctrine.
14 Apr 2015, 15:55 PM

I vote for a Polish faction. Polish lancers charging at a panzer division is all we need in this game
14 Apr 2015, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 15:55 PMJason
I vote for a Polish faction. Polish lancers charging at a panzer division is all we need in this game

It's a Nazi propaganda later also used by the Polish communist government to discredit the previous political system...

Cavalry was armed with AT guns and AT rifles during this time.

Polish Cavalrymen with Polish "Ur" AT rifle.

Same Polish "Ur" rifle captured by US troops from the Germans in 44 in Italy.

And Poles are already in the game - Partisants.

There could be a Polish commander for the British faction.
14 Apr 2015, 16:40 PM

Eyes are bleeding... Edit, edit...!
Also these "-"

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2015, 15:55 PMJason

I can't belive there are people on the Earth who still belive in nazi propaganda, despite it's over 70 years since...
17 Apr 2015, 02:28 AM

Eyes are bleeding... Edit, edit...!
Also these "-"

I can't belive there are people on the Earth who still belive in nazi propaganda, despite it's over 70 years since...

I was obviously joking. Nonetheless I'm sure you're aware of all the Soviet communist propaganda.
17 Apr 2015, 03:08 AM

This would make an amazing faction, with some tweaks here and there once its implemented of course. If this became a mod or something that would be incredible.
22 Apr 2015, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Apr 2015, 03:08 AMIllenia
This would make an amazing faction, with some tweaks here and there once its implemented of course. If this became a mod or something that would be incredible.

Thanks man. It's a stretch to ask for a faction or a mod. But you miss all the shots you don't take no?

By all means share any tweaks you think would improve this idea!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★