Login

russian armor

Regarding Molotovs

5 Apr 2015, 17:25 PM

This 'Frangible incendiary device' in my opinion was never implemented properly as it literally is the quintessential representation of RNG in company of heroes.The recent patch's goals were to reduce squad wiping and to enable AOE weapons to deal more consistent damage across its splash radius.The evidence supporting this very statement being the reduction and increase in the near and medium damage radius of the 120mm and the reduction in overall damage of the HMC.

I propose that we do away with the RNG roll the ol' dice bottles and introduce a more consistent burn over time damage model akin to the white phosphorus shells (OBVIOUSLY omitting its unique traits like blocking LoS and slowing the receiving units down).

By doing this, we alleviate the all to apparent frustration when your perfectly timed 'surprise' nade fails to crit ANY of the HMG soldiers as they whisk their weapon away and skip merrily out of sight. Conversely it would bring an end to those truly rare occasions where the GOD himself smiles upon you as you immolate a squad within a blink of the eye.

Parameters for the unlock and cost of the grenade may have to be changed depending on it's effectiveness but at least it will be in line with the more conventional, reliable more satisfactory grenades that are up for offer. The best thing is, this proposed change will not alter the 'designated role' of the grenade as it will still deny cover for the enemy.

Discuss.

5 Apr 2015, 17:30 PM
Donator 11

I agree, even if its 15muni the price can be adjusted for how effective it is but it still needs to do more consistent damage. Sometimes it fire crits sometimes it doesn't and its very hard to hit as the wind-up time is so long, often times its just a waste of muni.

Also since cons are supposed to last the whole game I feel like it would make them slightly better against the blobs later on in the game.

Of course none of my ideas are set in stone, keep the discussion going =)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 768
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak