Login

russian armor

INDIRECT FIRE way too imbalanced

5 Apr 2015, 02:15 AM

No it isn't. It just fires in a line. In most cases it's worse then it's normal barrage.

Considering you decide where the line goes, I don't see how that is any different than a precision strike.
5 Apr 2015, 02:39 AM

This is a great thread.
5 Apr 2015, 03:11 AM

LeFH needs a buff, but so does the ML-20, however ML-20 is better than LeFH so it needs less of a buff. I feel Ostheer Mortar is worse than soviet mortars, slightly though. Mortar Half-Track is fine and Stuka-Zu-Fuss could use a re-work, less precision but saturation with reduced AoE but shorter CD perhaps.
5 Apr 2015, 03:43 AM

No it isn't. It just fires in a line. In most cases it's worse then it's normal barrage.

i can confirm this i got once match that i used this ability to wipe 4-5 sqaud that stay in the same position at OKW FHQ and it does't wipe anything just 2- 3 model per sqaud

PS. sorry for my englist it terrible
5 Apr 2015, 06:21 AM

120 = Motar HT's flame barrage
preits < stuka
ml-20 = LEFH
ost mortar still is more accurate and contains a greater ROF than its soviet counterpart

b4 was nurfed.. stop living in old patches. and still CAS and luft supply hard counter it
again Stuka beats katy in cost effectiveness. Never had a single katy barrage wipe 3 120 mortars 1 maxim, ans 2 at guns. But yea, lets pretend the katy is more cost effective when it locks soviets into t4 and does less. Not to mention will die to a breeze

Logic wont sway you, u like to make up stats and come up with "axis always on the back foot" scenarios.

so..

This will be my last comment i ever respond to u..

And a tone of bs 4Head
5 Apr 2015, 14:08 PM

Moved to Lobby

Why? This is a discussion on balance is it not?
Not being smart, just curious.
5 Apr 2015, 14:18 PM

Equating OST mortar half-track to 120mm must end now, because there is no comparison, 120mm is in league all its own:

120mm...
-hits harder
-hits farther
-is 1000% more durable
-more accurate
-has a snipe ability
-doesn't cost fuel (!)

Mortar half-track...
-NOT durable, dies to small arms fire FAST
-primarily useful for flame ability, which cost munitions on a munitions starved faction
-costs fuel on an already fuel starved, tech heavy, faction.

As you can see, there is no comparison: 120mm is superior in every single conceivable regard.
5 Apr 2015, 14:25 PM

Regarding the LefH18: Scatter is too wide and when it does hit something, it doesn't hit hard enough. The priest, for instance, hits HARD and is ACCURATE. Priest is also mobile so its range (which is very generous) is mainly arbitrary.

And its mobility nullifies both counter-barrage and airstrike.
5 Apr 2015, 18:20 PM

Seems fair that the Soviets have the best indirect fire options if you ask me. While I feel the factions are too different currently having one overall specialty is nice!
5 Apr 2015, 18:58 PM

Seems fair that the Soviets have the best indirect fire options if you ask me. While I feel the factions are too different currently having one overall specialty is nice!

Soviets have larger squads and tend to overwhelm with blob numbers while axis have small squad size, are easily overrun and wipe easy, so giving the soviets BOTH larger squads and best indirect fire is ludicrous on its face.
5 Apr 2015, 19:12 PM

I think everyone is forgetting one thing about OST indirect fire, the Field Artillery Officer. You can use his coordinated barrage ability for 80 MU to basically double the effectiveness of your LeFH and panzerwerfer.

I tried it on Sittard and it worked pretty damn well, I think that ability of his increases the units range too. I would use the ability and even at the enemy's base the artillery would fire which was well outside it's range.

Basically it doesn't use up your artillery's barrage so for 80 Mu you can fire twice as fast and from a much further distance than you can normally barrage.
5 Apr 2015, 19:17 PM

Equating OST mortar half-track to 120mm must end now, because there is no comparison, 120mm is in league all its own:

120mm...
-hits harder
-hits farther
-is 1000% more durable
-more accurate
-has a snipe ability
-doesn't cost fuel (!)

Mortar half-track...
-NOT durable, dies to small arms fire FAST
-primarily useful for flame ability, which cost munitions on a munitions starved faction
-costs fuel on an already fuel starved, tech heavy, faction.

As you can see, there is no comparison: 120mm is superior in every single conceivable regard.

120mm also costs 400mp, and has a hefty pop cost - but people forget this.
5 Apr 2015, 19:20 PM

Axis have a lot arty options... Just pick the one your need for the right job.

Air : Frag bombs, Stuka close air support, The very «OP» Close air support doctrine...

Off map : Railway arty, Sector arty, Light arty

Units : LeFH arty 18, Mortar halftrack, Panzerwerfer 42, Artillery Field Officer, GrW 34 mortar team.

To sum-up : Ost arty options are really good.

Remembers the meaning of asymmetric balance.
5 Apr 2015, 19:23 PM

Grw is far superior to PM-81.
5 Apr 2015, 19:31 PM

Axis have a lot arty options... Just pick the one your need for the right job.

Air : Frag bombs, Stuka close air support, The very «OP» Close air support doctrine...

Off map : Railway arty, Sector arty, Light arty

Units : LeFH arty 18, Mortar halftrack, Panzerwerfer 42, Artillery Field Officer, GrW 34 mortar team.

To sum-up : Ost arty options are really good.

Remembers the meaning of asymmetric balance.

Only in an alternate reality is OST arty "really good".

-Air/off-map don't come until late late LATE game, cost a lot of munitions OST is starved of, require a spotting unit, are slow and easily avoided. Did you get that? I said EASILY avoided. These do not win games or even remotely make up for the vast disparity in effectiveness vs allied indirect fire options as a whole.
5 Apr 2015, 19:38 PM

Only in an alternate reality is OST arty "really good".

-Air/off-map don't come until late late LATE game, cost a lot of munitions OST is starved of, require a spotting unit, are slow and easily avoided. Did you get that? I said EASILY avoided. These do not win games or even remotely make up for the vast disparity in effectiveness vs allied indirect fire options as a whole.

Don't make me cry, Just stop making blobs of shrecks, you will have those munitions supplies.

Just check the ladder ranking, Ost still win quite consistently.

Remember the meaning of asymmetric balance.( no pun intended.)

(Comments where based on 3vs3 or 4vs4 )
5 Apr 2015, 19:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Soviets have larger squads and tend to overwhelm with blob numbers while axis have small squad size, are easily overrun and wipe easy, so giving the soviets BOTH larger squads and best indirect fire is ludicrous on its face.

Exactly, except the part where the Soviets blob you to death because game is balanced around the numeric differences between squads and Axis squads thus have more DPS to compensate...or just make Scripts literally easier to hit than all the other baseline infantry squads, same thing.
5 Apr 2015, 19:49 PM

Just check the ladder ranking, Ost still win quite consistently.
Remember the meaning of asymmetric balance

'Asymmetric balance' the wrong way. Your use of logic is terrible. Not trying to convince you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★