Login

russian armor

INDIRECT FIRE way too imbalanced

4 Apr 2015, 19:57 PM

120mm, Priests, Howitzer, B4, Katyushas... Germans just can't compete.

-120mm is still way (!) too effective and durable for coming so early and easily (and given soviet MG mechanics, far too easy to protect).
-Priest is like a mobile German leaf18 but hits harder and is more accurate!
-Howitzer and B4, well--you know.
-Katyushas... very very effective! I wish panzerwerfers were only just HALF as effective!
-ZiS... barrage wrecks infantry, houses--oh and vehicles too!

Germans indirect fire options are downright anemic in comparison.

4 Apr 2015, 19:59 PM

4 Apr 2015, 20:03 PM

Permanently Banned
I'm sure he's talking about ost. I too feel like ost is hit hardest by one shots and indirect fire. Atleast okw can sort of counter by investing in a stuka. B4s aren't as huge of an issue thanks to the nerf on its ridiculous vet and precision abiltiies and CAS, but vs mortars spam or 120s, flanking with panzergrens or rushing tanks is the only somewhat reliable way to take them out.
4 Apr 2015, 20:03 PM

Stuka says hello.
Both zu fuss and dive bomb.
4 Apr 2015, 20:10 PM

120mm, Priests, Howitzer, B4, Katyushas... Germans just can't compete.

-120mm is still way (!) too effective and durable for coming so early and easily (and given soviet MG mechanics, far too easy to protect).
-Priest is like a mobile German leaf18 but hits harder and is more accurate!
-Howitzer and B4, well--you know.
-Katyushas... very very effective! I wish panzerwerfers were only just HALF as effective!

Germans indirect fire options are truly anemic in comparison.

-120mm is fine its extremely expensive, And Ostheer gets MHT
-You are right in LeFH-18 Sucks, But so does ML-20 They both need to be fixed.
-B-4 is not quite the boogy man anymore, Ostheer has a lot of counters to it.
-Kat is a strong unit, Pwerfers could use a small adjustment (Rockets fired to orignal or spread)
anything more and they become OP
4 Apr 2015, 20:19 PM

Permanently Banned
You are wrong, we are right MVGame.
4 Apr 2015, 20:25 PM

-120mm is fine its extremely expensive, And Ostheer gets MHT
-You are right in LeFH-18 Sucks, But so does ML-20 They both need to be fixed.
-B-4 is not quite the boogy man anymore, Ostheer has a lot of counters to it.
-Kat is a strong unit, Pwerfers could use a small adjustment (Rockets fired to orignal or spread)
anything more and they become OP

- MHT is response for 120mm?

- Ml-20 is much better than lefh-18, which makes no dmg and got really long cooldown. I wish old LefH to really improve current dead german arty.
- Only stuka dive bomb with recon (something like Jaeger Armour) but we need more counter for it, for example counter barrage.
- Katy is gut, PW isnt.

And pls dont tell me that about stuka zu fuss is better than all of it because we are talking about ostheers, not OPKW
4 Apr 2015, 21:19 PM

Whenever someone says something about Axis not having good indirect fire, the response is STUKA DIS STUKA DAT STUKA OP. True, stuka needs some kind of tweak, but axis, specially Osthere need better arty, and I mean arty, not the current mortars the have. And let's not forget that Soviet PM21 (or whatever its name is) got nijjabuffed last patch.
4 Apr 2015, 21:22 PM

Asymmetric balance I guess. Allies have no super heavy tds... elefant & jagdtiger. I attempt to counter them with priests. Allies definitely have a huge advantage in artillery. It's what I fear most as wehrmacht. Panzerwerfer can be very good but extremely situational. Katyusha is better... no doubt.
4 Apr 2015, 21:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to Lobby
4 Apr 2015, 22:11 PM

Many here seem to forget that pretty much every single allied indirect has a precision strike ability, where axis indirect simply doesn't.
4 Apr 2015, 22:18 PM

Permanently Banned
mortar HT with flame barrage

ost mortar is still a killing machine

soo many off map options

Stuka

4 Apr 2015, 22:22 PM

Many here seem to forget that pretty much every single allied indirect has a precision strike ability, where axis indirect simply doesn't.
US has precision strike?
4 Apr 2015, 22:26 PM

mortar HT with flame barrage

ost mortar is still a killing machine

soo many off map options

Stuka

Wow small mortars, I feel so thankful. Since the ninja buff to the Soviet mortar there is little Axis has superior in the indirect dept.

Axis has basically no equivalent to the 120, Priest, ML-20, B4, ect. And the Katyusha is the most cost effective rocket truck in the game.
4 Apr 2015, 22:49 PM

Permanently Banned

Wow small mortars, I feel so thankful. Since the ninja buff to the Soviet mortar there is little Axis has superior in the indirect dept.

Axis has basically no equivalent to the 120, Priest, ML-20, B4, ect. And the Katyusha is the most cost effective rocket truck in the game.

120 = Motar HT's flame barrage
preits < stuka
ml-20 = LEFH
ost mortar still is more accurate and contains a greater ROF than its soviet counterpart

b4 was nurfed.. stop living in old patches. and still CAS and luft supply hard counter it
again Stuka beats katy in cost effectiveness. Never had a single katy barrage wipe 3 120 mortars 1 maxim, ans 2 at guns. But yea, lets pretend the katy is more cost effective when it locks soviets into t4 and does less. Not to mention will die to a breeze

Logic wont sway you, u like to make up stats and come up with "axis always on the back foot" scenarios.

so..

This will be my last comment i ever respond to u..
4 Apr 2015, 23:23 PM

US has precision strike?

Priest vet 1 is pretty precision strike
4 Apr 2015, 23:35 PM

Priest vet 1 is pretty precision strike
No it isn't. It just fires in a line. In most cases it's worse then it's normal barrage.
4 Apr 2015, 23:57 PM

120 = Motar HT's flame barrage
preits < stuka
ml-20 = LEFH
ost mortar still is more accurate and contains a greater ROF than its soviet counterpart

b4 was nurfed.. stop living in old patches. and still CAS and luft supply hard counter it
again Stuka beats katy in cost effectiveness. Never had a single katy barrage wipe 3 120 mortars 1 maxim, ans 2 at guns. But yea, lets pretend the katy is more cost effective when it locks soviets into t4 and does less. Not to mention will die to a breeze

Logic wont sway you, u like to make up stats and come up with "axis always on the back foot" scenarios.

so..

This will be my last comment i ever respond to u..

The Katyusha is cheap, effective, and it comes in a not useless tier. The stuka is great but it is expensive and easy to miss with due to the fact it fires in a line with a long cool down. Which means if you don't hit something then you will be twiddling your thumbs for a while.

The ML-20 isn't the LefH in effectiveness, The Priest is a howitzer, the stuka is a rocket HT, the 120mm mortar is a heavy mortar, the Ostheer mortar HT is more fragile than it's USF counterpart.

This isn't about backfooting, Axis is weak in the indirect department, strong in the direct department. Which is stupid because every faction shouldn't only be good at certain things.
5 Apr 2015, 01:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Incorrect, it has been said it was a mistake done by confusing the stats with the USF MHT.
5 Apr 2015, 01:24 AM

No it isn't. It just fires in a line. In most cases it's worse then it's normal barrage.

the shells drop directly in a line, its basically a precision strike since you can determine exactly where you want the first shell to land
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★