Login

russian armor

Usefull german offmap-arty

2 Apr 2015, 11:13 AM
Donator 11

Hi
Is there any useful German off-map arty?
okw-tank-commander arty, 50kg bomb and railway-arty are useful vs emplacements

OKW arty is often extremely expensive and extremely useless

most okw arty is only callable at flags and takes quite some time to drop
(I don't own jäger doc so no comment on that arty)

is there any axis arty comparable to incendiary arty or ir-pathfinder arty?

Only usefull german offmap i know of is the cas commander with all of his stuff
2 Apr 2015, 11:43 AM

Walking Stukas, Well you got 2 commanders with artillery. One targets the entire sector *which needs to be in enemy hands* and you got that jaeger light commander where you can call in an arty which is reasonable. good for if you want to get rid of emplacements.
2 Apr 2015, 11:47 AM

Scavenge barrage (the one you don't have) is alarmingly good if you can stomach going light on shrecks and floating muni to make it better.

Offmap LeiG barrage for OST is the best offmap in the game for wiping weapon teams, and their weapons. It's the more expensive, better pathfinder artillery.

Every stuka ability is great, but not really 'artillery'. But the stuka incendiary bombs are the equivalent of incendiary arty.

Zeroing artillery is absolutely amazing if your opponent has a snared heavy tank or just a big blob. Sadly, IIRC, it's buggy right now.

EDIT: Oh, and Sector artillery? Do it. I don't know why people stopped using this since the beta, even, seeing as it never got a nerf. Maybe because it never comes with tigers. But on maps with large sectors (Admittedly, usually 4v4 land), it's a beauty :)
2 Apr 2015, 11:50 AM

Errrrr...

Of course there is.

Light arty barrage is nice.

Frag bomb run is good against support weapons now that the direction can be adjusted

Railway arty always drops at the center with the first hit. Useful when taking out Howies. Very deadly in combination with OKW flares.

Stuka bomb strike is great, no flares, just a 5 second warning sound.

Stuka pin plane is excellent, it is like propaganda arty but it also hurts.

Stuka close air support... This ability is extremely OP. Better AT than the P47 for a lower cost, and much better AI than the IL-2. Takes out medium tanks support weapons in 1 pass, wrecks and supresses infantry.

Incendiary bomb strike is also nice, like the Soviet one except dropped by plane.
2 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM

Loiter Stuka CAS is the strongest German offmap ability by far, to the point where it is IMO quite op. (of course, not being technically artillery.) Frag bomb is situationally decent, as is suppression run.
Everything else though is actually crap and generally cost-inefficient. That does not mean that there is no application for it though. If you absolutely, positively need to get a ZiS to move, the LeiG offmap barrage is useful, but compared to US offmaps (the obvious exception being the even more useless major arty) or the Soviet incendiary barrage it is a bit of a bad joke.
2 Apr 2015, 11:53 AM

Scavenge Doctrine artillery is ok'ish. Breakthrough artillery takes ages to begin and can only be targeted on enemy sectors, so it is very unlikely to hit anything with it which makes it a bit expensive, but I like the concept. The Zeroing Artillery is junk since it got nerfed / broken.

Of course OKW will generally not be able to use those abilities a lot because of lower munition income (unless you transfer fuel into munition), which will get worse now if you want to upgrade Obersoldaten. But you can save now some munition from Panzerschrecks by investing into Raketenwerfer on the other hand.

2 Apr 2015, 14:26 PM

OKW can use off map arty that Shows a piece of the map for 60 munition. works decent with walking stuka
2 Apr 2015, 14:41 PM

which ever artillery makes the loud whistling sound before landing and creating a massively loud explosion that lifts dirt and debris 100s of feet in the air and drops my frames by like 10. There's about 10 of them and they do so much damage so quick and in such a close area it's hard to escape it once it drops.
2 Apr 2015, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 14:41 PMagse10
which ever artillery makes the loud whistling sound before landing and creating a massively loud explosion that lifts dirt and debris 100s of feet in the air and drops my frames by like 10. There's about 10 of them and they do so much damage so quick and in such a close area it's hard to escape it once it drops.

on map, stuka zu fuss, or walking stuka, 100fuel unit from OKW's mechreg.

a note about sector arty for okw as well, it only seems to strike near the actual cap point it self, not roaming throughout the territory like CTP, so i find it easy to dodge.
2 Apr 2015, 15:29 PM

Funny how axis have at least 5 different artillery strikes but soviets somehow lack the conventional off-map artillery barrage, besides the incendiary one. Sure they have air strikes and the incendiary barrage does its work, but audiovisually they are just plain boring compared to some big ass explosions with mud flying and stuff.
2 Apr 2015, 15:51 PM

Funny how axis have at least 5 different artillery strikes but soviets somehow lack the conventional off-map artillery barrage, besides the incendiary one. Sure they have air strikes and the incendiary barrage does its work, but audiovisually they are just plain boring compared to some big ass explosions with mud flying and stuff.

It would make sense if they had more off-map artillery, but on the other hand they get really big on-map artillery in comparison to the others at least, even if B4 is now nerfed.

Btw. it is strange that you can call in 7.5cm leIG artillery with Wehrmacht from off the map and have the same actual weapon in OKW army on-map, with obviously much lower range for gameplay reasons.
2 Apr 2015, 16:01 PM

The Scavenge Barrage is great late game when you are floating a large amount of munitions, you can use it on an opponents base to kill it if you have several hundred.

The Breakthrough one is great for cutting off sectors and preventing a retreat or stopping an advance.

Zeroing is still very very buggy, works best when paired with flares or recon.

The Panzer Commander artillery is very slow, but high damage. Not very useful since Allies don't have many static emplacements anyway.

Railway is kind of a joke, extremely obvious so while funny for killing bases it's practicality versus good players is heavily reduced.
2 Apr 2015, 17:52 PM

on map, stuka zu fuss, or walking stuka, 100fuel unit from OKW's mechreg.

a note about sector arty for okw as well, it only seems to strike near the actual cap point it self, not roaming throughout the territory like CTP, so i find it easy to dodge.

It's not the walking stuka, I think it might be railway. It's massive.
2 Apr 2015, 18:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 17:52 PMagse10

It's not the walking stuka, I think it might be railway. It's massive.

if it's only one explosion at a time, yes.
2 Apr 2015, 18:41 PM

if it's only one explosion at a time, yes.

Ya it's one at a time. They come at a decent time but it is one at a time.
2 Apr 2015, 21:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2015, 15:51 PMgokkel
Btw. it is strange that you can call in 7.5cm leIG artillery with Wehrmacht from off the map and have the same actual weapon in OKW army on-map, with obviously much lower range for gameplay reasons.

Yeah, I remember reading it and thinking "Wait isn't that an OKW unit now too". Well, same reason the M1 Pack Howitzer also can't hit shit at its small max range I guess...
3 Apr 2015, 02:23 AM
Patrion 28

the buildable is the LeFH. the OKW tier unit is the LeIG
3 Apr 2015, 09:24 AM

the buildable is the LeFH. the OKW tier unit is the LeIG

We talk about the "Light Artillery Barrage" off-map artillery, which says in description that it shoots from 7.5 cm leIG artillery from off the map.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight