Login

russian armor

PTRS now OP?

PAGES (37)down
12 Apr 2015, 13:15 PM
Donator 33

I don't know the exact details but I'm pretty sure OKW Officer buffs every support teams nearby. It had something to do with ISG rate of fire? Relic nerfed that in one of the early WA patches.

The Sturmoffizier buffs accuracy and reload. The reload modifier was reduced from 0.6 to 0.87 = 13% faster reload.

The le.IG has no accuracy so the accuracy buffs do not apply.
12 Apr 2015, 13:25 PM

Katitof, I love how the enemy makes one mistake during the match and then somehow you're the bad guy/notpro.

This forum sometimes...

I'm not surprised really.
So many players here on the balance forums play against AI which makes no mistakes *giggles* so they can be confused sometimes.
12 Apr 2015, 13:50 PM

The Sturmoffizier buffs accuracy and reload. The reload modifier was reduced from 0.6 to 0.87 = 13% faster reload.

The le.IG has no accuracy so the accuracy buffs do not apply.

thank you for clarification.
13 Apr 2015, 23:40 PM

Ohh god its too much fun for the motherland, finally PTRS is of useful after 2 years!

13 Apr 2015, 23:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ohh god its too much fun for the motherland, finally PTRS is of useful after 2 years!

Sweet Jeebus that plane crash
13 Apr 2015, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2015, 23:46 PMVuther

Sweet Jeebus that plane crash

Stalin is always smiling komrad tovarisch :snfAmi:
13 Apr 2015, 23:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stalin is always smiling komrad tovarisch :snfAmi:

The only way it could have been a more perfect-looking crash was if the last survivor didn't actually survive.
15 Apr 2015, 03:53 AM

I honestly don't see that much OP'ness in that last vid.

You have 3/4 vetted squads shooting an AT gun...the squad/gun SHOULD DIE.

You have 4 triple vetted squads shooting a panther with 40% hp left....The panther SHOULD die to your dedicated vetted AT squads.
What would happen if that was a t34 vs 4 vetted shrek squads.....it could be full hp and it would die 3 times over.

You have 4 triple vetted squads, 24 men shooting 4 Obers. The obers SHOULD die in that situation. 24 vs 4.

Anti tank airstrikes doing damage to trucks and tanks....that SHOULD happen.

As I always say in these ridiculous threads....do you want to swap your shreks for our PTRS'? No, I thought not.
15 Apr 2015, 05:51 AM

PTRS on conscripts is too powerful. I imagine on Guards the issue isn't as big but with tank hunters and 4-5 conscripts all with 2 PTRS they are sniping germans and wrecking support weapons left right and centre.

On different steam accounts, I tested this. If you think that one mg (240? mp) should be able to suppress 4 con squads (960 mp) and win the battle, then keep calling it OP. The four con squads did destroy the mg which killed the crew also.

However, 4 con squads against 2 lmg grens and 2 mg's (roughly equal mp and munis) also wasn't close. The mg's and grens wiped or suppressed all the cons easily, even without using rifle nades.
15 Apr 2015, 06:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 05:51 AMGrumpy

On different steam accounts, I tested this. If you think that one mg (240? mp) should be able to suppress 4 con squads (960 mp) and win the battle, then keep calling it OP. The four con squads did destroy the mg which killed the crew also.

However, 4 con squads against 2 lmg grens and 2 mg's (roughly equal mp and munis) also wasn't close. The mg's and grens wiped or suppressed all the cons easily, even without using rifle nades.

No, an HMG should not normally suppress 4 squads and win (if approached wisely), but what is not right/fair is the PTRS destroying the support weapons (such as mg in this case) with few shoots, and there is no question in that.

Also, that is a bad match up you exampled:2 hmgs+2 lmgs grens (if positioned correctly) vs 4 cons! of course they win!!! just because they are worth the same, doesn't mean the should be equal match up. this game is about countering units with the right unit. It is like I can't say a panzer 4 can (normally) beat SU85 just because they cost similar!

Any group of units (army) which cost the same as another should not be equal in match up, it all depends on choosing the right, cost effective units to counter the other unit.
15 Apr 2015, 07:19 AM

HMG34 is fine.
Its osttruppen among HMGs and why it should perform on pair with others?

Not a single less then 240mp unit is as effective as 240mp or more units, spammability is the strength of them(unless we talk irregulars and partisans, where even spamming them isn't redeeming factor).
15 Apr 2015, 07:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 05:51 AMGrumpy

What your describing assumes there is no counter system. MGs should counter Cons. 4 cons with the PTRS upgrade can walk up and snipe an mg now. That shouldn't be the case.

Just to be clear, are you saying that there is no problem balance wise with mass PTRS upgrades on conscripts??
15 Apr 2015, 08:22 AM

What your describing assumes there is no counter system. MGs should counter Cons. 4 cons with the PTRS upgrade can walk up and snipe an mg now. That shouldn't be the case.

Just to be clear, are you saying that there is no problem balance wise with mass PTRS upgrades on conscripts??

4 grens counter single MG.
4 volks counter single MG.
4 rifles counter single MG.
Why 4 cons shouldn't?

I don't see many people complaining that 1 AT gun can't stop 4 tanks/light vehicles by itself even if the AT gun is PaK43.
15 Apr 2015, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 08:22 AMKatitof

Why 4 cons shouldn't?

I don't see many people complaining that 1 AT gun can't stop 4 tanks/light vehicles by itself even if the AT gun is PaK43.

Aham. So PTRS con spam in this little nice doctrine tank hunters, it's balanced, isn't it?
15 Apr 2015, 08:30 AM

Its certainly not as overpowered as people make them to be.
Against HMGs, what actually prevents you from tracking weapons health?
I have fought both with and against PTRS spam, I have not met a SINGLE player yet who would repair HMGs or even paid attention to weapon health, meanwhile I am using HMGs as the devs explained and intended, together with spotting pios, I am able to suppress conblob from afar, when move in with pios and rack up kills forcing him to retreat well before my HMG drops too low, after engagement I repair it asap and reposition/reinforce(as I use 251 often).

Its a matter of adaptation first and foremost and just because they can fight LMG blobs now doesn't make them OP.

I can see a cost increase to PTRS, but nothing more really.
15 Apr 2015, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 08:30 AMKatitof
Its certainly not as overpowered as people make them to be.
Against HMGs, what actually prevents you from tracking weapons health?
I have fought both with and against PTRS spam, I have not met a SINGLE player yet who would repair HMGs or even paid attention to weapon health, meanwhile I am using HMGs as the devs explained and intended, together with spotting pios, I am able to suppress conblob from afar, when move in with pios and rack up kills forcing him to retreat well before my HMG drops too low, after engagement I repair it asap and reposition/reinforce(as I use 251 often).

Its a matter of adaptation first and foremost and just because they can fight LMG blobs now doesn't make them OP.

I can see a cost increase to PTRS, but nothing more really.

Such eficiency. And while supressing that blob with your allmighty MG42 nobody stormed it with "oooowaaaa" from a different direction and lolotov it or chase it to death on its retreat path, isn't it? You must be in top 10 then because, ya kow, for me it doesn't work so nicely as you described, the only efficient counter to PTRS cons blob as Ostheer is the counterblob with lmgs - while picking CAS too. That's for ostheer, 'cause as OKW I didn't realy find a cure, the closest thing was the counterblob (what a surprise) made from volks and JLIs but it didn't win me that game though the amount of damage I inflicted was huge. Katiushas don't forgive. Because, of course, Soviet player has every option in the book. I'll probably find a better way for O(P)W (lol) too , but I am certain that won't involve dreams and fairy tells with MGs and spotting pios. It will involve something from the real life.
15 Apr 2015, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2015, 08:22 AMKatitof

Why 4 cons shouldn't?

Man! why don't u get the point!!? all those statements you wrote are correct! but the problem is that 4 grens or 4 volks or 4 rifles DO NOT DESTROY THE MG!!! THAT IS WRONG! IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN! PTRS being OP is something but the most unfair part is the fact that it destroys the support weapons too quickly!
15 Apr 2015, 09:06 AM

Does it really make that big f a difference to you?
You'd prefer if the cons for next engagement had HMG behind their back?

And for the 45481957 time, PTRS ALWAYS targeted weapon teams, like FOREVER, guards attacking mortar team from max range would kill the crew and almost destroy the weapon itself and that was for last 2 years, that was ONE OF THE REASONS WE SEE WEAPON HEALTH NOW together with rnades.

And since I've drifted to rnades, lets fix that first, because it destroys maxims since forever as well and was a problem well, well before PTRS. Up for that?

In the meanwhile, if you are to distracted to watch weapon health bar, you deserve to lose the weapon.
Actually, you'd lose it anyway as I've already explained, difference is it won't be used against you.
15 Apr 2015, 10:19 AM

I feel like you purposely being obtuse Katitof. Yes PTRS always targeted the weapon teams but with the accuracy buff they destroy the weapon extremely quickly, not to mention regularly snipe men out of squads, even on retreat.

Even monitoring the weapons health, one engagement can destroy an MG or Pak outright.

You seem to think that they are OP yourself, suggesting an increase in cost so I don't see why you are still arguing that they are fine at the same time??? O_o

If you haven't play against this, then that's good, but that's what is happening. Especially in 2v2. A blob of conscripts with PTRS - say 5 of them all upgraded - counters almost everything - infantry get sniped, support weapons get destroyed, light vehicles get destoyed, bunkers with mgs get destroyed, snipers get sniped, tanks take a lot of damage and are vunerable with the AT gren barrage and regular AT nades which all come from the conscripts. Brumbar's and dedicated anti-infantry heavy armour comes too late. All this from a tier 0 unit. If you combined this with a commander that has call ons you can just build PTRS conscripts until its time to call on heavy tanks or T-34-85s. Zero tech cost and extremely effective infantry all game.

Conscript PTRS definitely needs some sort of nerf. Cost increase, limitation of max number of squads that can upgrade it, 1 PTRS instead of 2 (with corresponding price drop), or some such thing.
15 Apr 2015, 11:03 AM

They destroy them quickly, because everyone uses and blobs them now.
You never had con PTRS blobs before, because it was gimmick that didn't worked, you didn't had guards blob before because weapon piniatas who said "sorry for the damage" and donated their weapons to opponent constantly and were ineffective themselves.

Now that the weapons are actually used en mass people noticed what was always happening.

And ffs, I've said I HAVE played against this and I have countered it-exact situation, 4-5 PTRS con blob against HMG and I chased them off multiple times using 1 HMG, 1 251, 1 pio and 1 gren without LMG. You don't need 251, suppress, move in with pios, lob rnade, force mass retreat, repair HMG.

You CAN NOT expect a sinle HMG to fend off them, it will slow them down, but it won't survive that, just like it wouldn't if 4 of any other non engineer infantry attacked it.

I'm applying common sense here simply.
Also, regarding your 5 con blob, well, welcome to the reality of other side, sov and USF had to put up with it since the very first day of OKW existence.

I've already explained how Ost can deal with it. As OKW use your new ISG which is made specifically to hardcounter blobs by pinning them with single shot.
PAGES (37)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS