Login

russian armor

How much space does your COH2 take?

2 Apr 2015, 19:28 PM
Patrion 28

i just bought a 480GB SSD because windows filled the 120GB one i had up with shit in the documents, a lot of it pertaining to game saves and settings. i also have 1.8TB secondary drive with all my games on it (i never install anything on the first drive because of space issues) that's 4/5s full. only about 600GBs of games though.
3 Apr 2015, 13:47 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Really Steam needs to wake up and realize that SSD+HD for gamers is becoming common now. It should be able to split installations.... multiplayer stuff on the SSD and singleplayer stuff on the HDD. Or AT LEAST be able to download the files to one drive (HDD) and then install them on another drive (SSD). There's no reason in the world that I should need 20+ gigs of EXTRA FREE SPACE on my SSD just so COH2 can do a little patch.
3 Apr 2015, 13:51 PM

I have an SSD and don't put CoH2 on it because I know I will have to wait then for other players to load in the loading screen anyway...
3 Apr 2015, 13:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Check out Steammover:
http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

Allows you to move games or just folder to other drives.
For coh2 for example I have it installed but ive moved the movies folder (~5gb) to my hdd

Really Steam needs to wake up and realize that SSD+HD for gamers is becoming common now. It should be able to split installations.... multiplayer stuff on the SSD and singleplayer stuff on the HDD. Or AT LEAST be able to download the files to one drive (HDD) and then install them on another drive (SSD). There's no reason in the world that I should need 20+ gigs of EXTRA FREE SPACE on my SSD just so COH2 can do a little patch.

You can have multiple installaiton folders without steam movers. check out the dowloads section in your settings. However I prefer the funcitonality of steammover by a mile
3 Apr 2015, 20:32 PM
Patrion 28

one thing i haven't had any luck with is installing steam on a different drive from my games without having to manually point each one to it's install location; something i'm not doing with 125 games.
3 Apr 2015, 21:08 PM

Oh, this!
Everyone got that.

Yup. Until Monday-Tuesday I guess which will be the next time I start up Coh2 :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★