Login

russian armor

Relic: Round Two of the Community Maps Spotlight

31 Mar 2015, 00:18 AM
Senior Editor Badge

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2015/03/30/announcing-round-two-of-the-community-maps-spotlight-feature/

As many of you already know, the Company of Heroes 2 Community has several talented map-makers in its midst. Coming off the tails of a month where we’ve featured a few of our exceptionally talented modders, it’s time to also shine some light on these glorious map makers! They spend hours of spare time honing their craft, all so that their fellow players can enjoy even further content in the game.

Our first Community Maps Spotlight was well received but we also received a ton of feedback regarding how we could further improve it. The most common and resounding theme was that you, the players, wanted to see these community maps in the Auto-match pool.

Well… we heard you! I’m very happy to share that these five fan favorite maps will be added into auto-match with tomorrow’s patch. HUZZAH! Many have wondered why this took so long, and honestly – the answer is pretty straight forward. When we add a map to the auto-match tool, it needs to be heavily tested. This may seem simple, but it can be quite time consuming for us to pull QA folks off of internal projects in order to QA community maps. It’s been a while since our last Maps Spotlight – our team has been hard at work, and we’re getting closer to sharing just what that hard work is on! In the meantime, be sure to check out these maps.

The selected maps and their creators are:

(6 – 8) Sittard Summer by MonolithicBacon
(4 – 6) Wolfs Lair by Chuck Norris
(2 – 4) Bystraya Voda by Qvazar
(6) Pavlov’s House by Nebaka
(2 – 4) Einhoven Country by Spanky

In addition to the community maps, our latest patch will also contain a few new maps and improvements to some of our existing maps that we felt could use some attention.

New Maps in Auto-match and Custom Games:

(6-8) General Mud
(2) Angoville

Relic Maps that Received Some Extra Love:

(6-8) Hill 331
(2-4) Minsk Pocket
(2-4) Moscow Outskirts
(2-4) Semoskiy Winter
(2-4) Semoskiy

(2) La Gleize
We also took a hard look in the mirror, shook our heads and removed a few of the ‘most vetoed’ maps from the Auto-match pool. As part of our efforts to constantly improve upon the game, we decided it was time to remove the ‘weakest links.’ If you’re a fan of these, don’t fret – you’ll still find them under ‘custom games.’ Only the strong will survive, and it is time to allow the newly added Community Maps and newly added Relic-made maps to shine!

The three maps impacted by this are:

faceoff at Rostov
Hurtgen forest
Semoskiy from 2v2 automatch

If you have any questions or feedback regarding the community maps spotlight, the new maps, or anything else related to maps… let us know in our official forums. We’ve also decided to release the patch notes for tomorrow’s release a day early. You can find them right here.

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for tomorrow’s post, which will discuss our theory behind balance in more detail.
31 Mar 2015, 00:18 AM
31 Mar 2015, 00:24 AM

Permanently Banned
Why was semoisky removed? The map did favor allies but it wasn't that extreme. Still want those round one community maps in, except narva river, played that many times and is in need of tweaking or just a flat out overhaul.
31 Mar 2015, 00:27 AM
Patrion 14

the real question is, is there more vetoes?

good to see new community maps being rewarded and i cant wait to play them tomorroz.
31 Mar 2015, 00:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

nice!
although double okw on semoisky had the best opening ever with kubel and wiring of the cutoff
31 Mar 2015, 00:43 AM

Thank you modders & relic!
31 Mar 2015, 00:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 00:18 AMnigo

(6) Pavlov’s House by Nebaka

Only Relic postRelic 31 Mar 2015, 00:53 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 00:47 AMNebaka

This is the best thing I have seen today. Congrats, Nebaka :)
31 Mar 2015, 00:55 AM

fapfapfapfap finally new maps!!!
31 Mar 2015, 01:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

nice!
although double okw on semoisky had the best opening ever with kubel and wiring of the cutoff

Run SP, run! Cap on the move!

I also want those R1 maps on rotation, with the neccesary added vetos :D
31 Mar 2015, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 00:18 AMnigo
@ Relic,

what happened to ROUND 1 maps?

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/09/09/community-map-spotlight/

I WANT :D

I wholeheartedly agree. Lemberg Fall 1944 is easily the best 3v3 map I've played. Adding more 3v3 exclusive maps would help relic kick some of the horrid 3v3 options such as city 17 out of the pool.
31 Mar 2015, 16:58 PM
31 Mar 2015, 17:14 PM

coungrats on the map guys well deserved great work and time !!
31 Mar 2015, 17:17 PM

Holy shit is Sittard going to be campy, demo the bridges and dig in boys!
31 Mar 2015, 17:53 PM

Sittard is nice looking map,but why add such "one choke" map in automatch pool. I would like to see map with flow and cutoffs, not this map played by compstompers. This is worse than Rostov.
31 Mar 2015, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 17:53 PMPamark
Sittard is nice looking map,but why add such "one choke" map in automatch pool. I would like to see map with flow and cutoffs, not this map played by compstompers. This is worse than Rostov.

Good ol' Vire River Valley.

PS: Pavlovs house looks great. I wanna play RO2.
31 Mar 2015, 20:16 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2015, 17:53 PMPamark

I agree, nice looking map, but it's not a good automatch map. I'm pretty upset that Redball express didn't get added.
31 Mar 2015, 20:23 PM

Why the hell wouldnt you include the greatest 3v3 map of all time, Red Ball Express.

This map made me enjoy teamgames, and this joy was strictly tied to this map.

Its just too epic to not add :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS