Login

russian armor

2 new USF commanders (ideas)

24 Mar 2015, 16:31 PM

While we begin the countdown to patch day, I got bored and wrote down some ideas for new USF commanders. Mobile Assault reminiscent of Patton's Third Army movements and tactics, while Artillery brings back the Calliope.

Mobile Assault Company
Overwhelm the enemy with speed and numbers. Armor can seize and hold territory, or move quickly to flank enemy positions and attack weak points. Deploy M18 light tank destroyers to counter enemy vehicles and ambush heavy armor. Overcome combat losses with superior Allied production and logistics.

Rapid Capture (1 CPs)
Designate a priority sector for capture, temporarily increasing the capture rate of any unit inside it.
• Increase capture speed by 50% in selected sector (lasts 30 seconds)
• Free ability
• 90 second cooldown

Armored Advance (2 CPs)
Temporarily allow all US Forces vehicles to capture territory sectors.
• Vehicles and tanks can capture sectors without disembarking crew (25% decreased capture speed)
• Presence of enemy infantry in sector will stop capture
• Costs 50 munitions and lasts for 60 seconds

Armored Sprint (4 CPs)
US Forces vehicles will move and fire more quickly for the duration of the ability.
• 75 munitions
• All vehicles gain 20% increased speed and rate of fire; tanks gain 20% increased turret traverse rate
• Lasts 15 seconds

M18 Hellcat (6 CPs)
Deploy an M18 Tank Destroyer. The Hellcat can camouflage when off-road and out of combat. Its first shot out of camouflage will always penetrate, though its 76mm gun is best used in flanking attacks.
• 250 MP, 80 fuel
• Fast tank destroyer that can cloak when off-road and out of combat (inherent ability)
• First shot from cloak guarantees penetration
• At rank 2, gains Concealing Smoke ability (25 munitions)
• Same armor as M10, but less HP

Allied War Machine (9 CPs)
Allied Command will grant replacement manpower and fuel for each unit lost while this ability is active. Only units lost in enemy or neutral territory will yield resources.
• 150 munitions for 30 second duration
• 120 second cooldown
• Combat losses in hostile or neutral territory generate manpower and fuel
• 20% of manpower cost recouped and a flat fuel amount recouped for infantry losses; vehicle losses return 20% of fuel cost

Artillery Company
Support attacks with a wide variety of indirect fire options. All officers can act as local artillery spotters while long-range 105mm batteries keep enemy vehicles at bay. Against heavy troop concentrations, call in advanced T40 Rocket Launchers to saturate the area with 7.2” high explosive rockets.

Light Mortar Team (0 CPs)
Deploy an M2 Mortar Team to the battlefield to provide indirect fire support. Effective against infantry and can fire M83 Illuminating Cartridges for reconnaissance.
• 3-man weapon team
• 240 manpower
• Comes with free smoke barrage
• Rank 1 gains Illuminating Cartridge to reveal fog of war (30 munition cost)
• Rank 2 gains increased HP and faster setup/pack time
• Rank 3 gains increased range and rate of fire

Recon Overflight (2 CPs)
Two high-altitude recon planes will perform a 10-second overflight of the target area.
• 2 P-47s circle target location for 10 seconds
• 80 munitions
• 30 second cooldown

Artillery Spotters (4 CPs)
The Lieutenant and Captain gain the ability to call pinpoint artillery strikes for 80 munitions. This ability is only available at veterancy rank 1.
• Lieutenant and Captain may also call artillery strikes
• Both strikes cost 80 munitions and drop 4 shells after 6-second delay and smoke
• Ability does not improve with veterancy ranks 2 and 3

Anti-tank Overwatch (9 CPs)
Off-map batteries will automatically fire on enemy vehicles in the target area for the duration of this ability.
• 150 munitions, lasts 15 seconds
• Off-map artillery identifies vehicles in a large target area and automatically fires shells
• Drops smoke and shows radius of effect to opponents
• 3-second delay
• Best used on snared vehicles

T40 Whizbang Rocket Launcher (12 CPs)
Deploy a T40 Whizbang Rocket Launcher mounted on an M4 Sherman to the battlefield. Devastates infantry formations and static structures from afar, and able to defend itself with the Sherman's 75mm main gun.
• 380 MP, 160 fuel
• Sherman equipped with rocket launcher ability, 90 second cooldown
• Fires 20 HE rockets most effective against infantry, weapon crews, structures and light vehicles; will do some damage to heavy armor as rockets may score rear armor hits
• Fires main gun with slower turret traverse and 10% slower rate of fire, AP rounds only
• May not mount MG
• Slower top speed and acceleration than regular Sherman
• At rank 1, gain Concealing Smoke
• At rank 2, reduce rocket barrage cooldown by 10 seconds; increased vision range
• At rank 3, reduce rocket barrage cooldown by additional 10 seconds; increased range
24 Mar 2015, 16:42 PM

Nice ideas, I hope relic look this.
24 Mar 2015, 16:57 PM
Patrion 14

unique. like it.
24 Mar 2015, 17:27 PM

24 Mar 2015, 18:04 PM

i actually like those abilitie concepts tho some might be bit too powerful.

cap speed bonus for free? That on top usf inf already capping faster?

Autopene? that shit is tough maybe just really high penetration and the camo as toggle instead of automatic.

Maybe the sherman will lose its own cannon after the rocket upgrade.

That being said i like the ideas
24 Mar 2015, 18:08 PM

Need to check for balance, several abilities are similar to or copied from other factions or abilities so the prices and CP requirements need to be compared to each other and maybe adapted.

New units etc. are hard to check without exact stats, so cannot really comment on that.

Just one general comment: Please, please no "free abilities" for commanders anymore, this is just nonsense, we had that already with Elite Riflemen. If it is not a huge ability it can be somewhat cheap, but not free.
24 Mar 2015, 18:10 PM

A lot of good ideas here. Might need a little fine tuning; a hellcat at 6p may be a little too early.
24 Mar 2015, 21:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 18:08 PMgokkel
Need to check for balance, several abilities are similar to or copied from other factions or abilities so the prices and CP requirements need to be compared to each other and maybe adapted.

New units etc. are hard to check without exact stats, so cannot really comment on that.

Just one general comment: Please, please no "free abilities" for commanders anymore, this is just nonsense, we had that already with Elite Riflemen. If it is not a huge ability it can be somewhat cheap, but not free.

For the M18, I did envision a toggle ability, not a sniper-style auto-cloak (though that would be cool!).

There's plenty of free abilities, like the fast capture for a Wehr commander, and that one is passive and always on.

So the ability to cap or decap a sector 50% faster every 90 seconds seems not a big deal to me.

Thanks for the comments and here is hoping Relic has the wehr-withal (get it?) to keep COH2 alive for 2015 and well beyond.
24 Mar 2015, 21:51 PM

You forget Pershing Kappa
24 Mar 2015, 22:43 PM

Since it's the bloody US forces, I think they should have some kind of "air power" doctrine. They certainly (thematically) deserve it more than the Ostheer does.

- Recon Run
- Some sort of manpower-> munitions or fuel-> munitions ability (For maximum cheese)
- Air Superiority - no hostile air-strikes or air drops can be used for duration (60s maybe). Acts like blizzard for the enemy team only.
- Anti-inf strafe
- P47 strike

Too powerful possibily, maybe swap out p47 strike for a weaker anti-vehicle abilitiy of some kind, mark target or something similar perhaps. Or a bombing run!

Obviously, Pershing doctrine too, pls. :)
24 Mar 2015, 22:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Since it's the bloody US forces, I think they should have some kind of "air power" doctrine. They certainly (thematically) deserve it more than the Ostheer does.

- Recon Run
- Some sort of manpower-> munitions or fuel-> munitions ability (For maximum cheese)
- Air Superiority - no hostile air-strikes or air drops can be used for duration (60s maybe). Acts like blizzard for the enemy team only.
- Anti-inf strafe
- P47 strike

Too powerful possibily, maybe swap out p47 strike for a weaker anti-vehicle abilitiy of some kind, mark target or something similar perhaps. Or a bombing run!

Obviously, Pershing doctrine too, pls. :)

Give them the 110 AT strafe with a USF coat of paint (uh, that is, plane). :rofl:

That thing is seriousssssllllllyyyyy outta whack.
24 Mar 2015, 23:03 PM

I can't even imagine the fanboy tears if the CAS AT strafe was in an allied doctrine.

"My tank was instakilled by a strafe because I sat next to the edge of the map NERF NERF NERF" :*(
24 Mar 2015, 23:12 PM

There's plenty of free abilities, like the fast capture for a Wehr commander, and that one is passive and always on.

If you were referring to mobile defense, then that ability costs munitions and is timed and has a cooldown. No such thing as passive fast capture.
24 Mar 2015, 23:28 PM

How about a 105mm howitzer that rear echelons and assault engineers could build?
25 Mar 2015, 00:07 AM

I can't even imagine the fanboy tears if the CAS AT strafe was in an allied doctrine.

"My tank was instakilled by a strafe because I sat next to the edge of the map NERF NERF NERF" :*(

We had that with that Soviet bomb throw in the past already. Would even destroy Elefants.

Now we "just" have to deal with rocket planes chasing you over the whole map.
25 Mar 2015, 00:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2015, 00:07 AMgokkel

We had that with that Soviet bomb throw in the past already. Would even destroy Elefants.

Now we "just" have to deal with rocket planes chasing you over the whole map.

And that one does get basically-the-same-thing version for the Wehrmacht!
25 Mar 2015, 13:33 PM

Neat ideas, keep it up. Although there are a lot of balance issues if you ask me, but the concepts are good. Hope relic notices.
25 Mar 2015, 13:47 PM

jawohl!
25 Mar 2015, 13:52 PM

I have two dreams for USF doctrines.

One with Pershing, and the second with air forces, with ability to "load" a fighter for let's say 100-150ammo so it will shoot down any plane that comes in if loaded before. It might take down cheap recon or expensive strafe. Such Anti-air ability would be amazing.

Pershing is possible but I think Relic won't figure out fighter idea :(

By the way, Hellcat's range? cause another damn fragile, 45range unit won't get place in meta.
25 Mar 2015, 17:38 PM

If you were referring to mobile defense, then that ability costs munitions and is timed and has a cooldown. No such thing as passive fast capture.

That is what I meant and I did not do my homework. You are quite right and in that case I think the Rapid Capture idea should cost some munitions amount (say 25 or 30).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★