Login

russian armor

New Veteran Abilities for Allied Vehicles

24 Mar 2015, 02:59 AM

It is quite obvious that the Blitz ability of Axis tanks as well as TWP makes their Vet 1 much more desirable, and much more potent.

Instead of nerfing these abilities, I feel the Allies merely need something to make up the difference.

Soviets MBTs:

The capture ability of Soviet MBT's is often overlooked in it's usefulness, but it provides no direct combat benefit like Overcharge or Blitz so I feel a new ability is needed to replace capture

At Vet 1 the T34 variants gain infantry hand holds on them, allowing a single squad to ride the tank into battle. While on the tank infantry are more exposed to enemy fire and thus take 25% more received accuracy, but with a reduction in ROF they can attack enemy infantry.

At Vet 1 the IS2 gains the shatter ability; targeting the weak point of an enemy vehicle for 75 munitions the IS2 will cause a immobilization critical. When this ability is used the crew must fully reload, and after it has a long cool down on the ability.

The KV1/2/8's Vet 1 Ability is now a command Aura, giving the tank an officer to improve coordination of allied infantry squads. All infantry around the vehicle now have 15% better accuracy.

Soviet TD's:

The Tracking nerf did a fair amount of damage to the abilities of the Soviet Assault Guns and TD's.

The SU-76 and 85 now have a ambush ability, they hull down themselves and when an enemy enters the tanks firing range will deliver a stun crit and a guaranteed penetration. When this hull down cloak is active the tank cannot move forward or backwards, and can only rotate slowly (Thanks for this idea Elch :))

The ISU-152 at Vet 1 has the ability to activate an ability similar to the Jadgtigers allowing it to shoot through shot blockers at a reduced ROF.

USF MBT's:

The Sherman Varients including the E8, the Regular now have the ability to be reinforced with sandbags increasing armor of the tank and giving it more health but the tank moves at a reduced speed and the crew can no longer jump out. At any time the tank is not under fire the tank can remove the bags to restore mobility and the ability for the crew to jump out.

USF TD's:

The M10 and M36 no longer have ACPR shells, but an ability to target a tanks turret causing it to move slowly and cause the tank to have a reduced ROF. This ability would cost 75 munitions but ensure the M10 can provide utility and the Jackson can help destroy Heavy Tanks easier by reducing the heavy tanks ability to put out damage. If a tank moves out of range while the ability is being used turret functionality will be restored.

Misc:

The Scott now has the ability at Vet 1 to load hollow point shells increasing damage and accuracy versus enemy vehicles.

The Sherman Dozer at Vet 1 has the ability to fire a barrage at longer range allow it to more easily deal with enemy fortified positions, this ability would be similar to that of the Sturm PIV's

The T-70 retains the ability to capture, as it's a light tank already with a large amount of utility.

The Stuart gains the Vet 1 ability to reduce a enemy's track speed and turret traverse at longish ranges allowing it to scale better.

The Soviet Meat Grinder now has the ability to lock itself down and focus entirely on AA, with the added bonus of getting sand bag protection to make it more durable.

Feel free to leave comments; looking forward to the discussion.
24 Mar 2015, 03:08 AM
Donator 11

You have a very strange sense of humor
24 Mar 2015, 03:10 AM

You have a very strange sense of humor

I tried to make the abilities actually more logical considering the tanks actual uses and weakness's.

Obviously not every Axis tank shouldn't get Blitz, but I'll work out what it should be replaced with maybe later.
24 Mar 2015, 03:36 AM

Out of the box. Not all of them are horrid.
24 Mar 2015, 03:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2015, 03:36 AMNapalm
Out of the box. Not all of them are horrid.

If you could flesh your response out I could attempt explain/adjust my ideas.
24 Mar 2015, 03:52 AM

Not bad at all, it would be nice to see some variety on Axis as well, but I'd be happy with just some useful ones on Allies stuff.

That, or a re nerf of blitz back to its acceleration version.
24 Mar 2015, 04:02 AM

Not bad at all, it would be nice to see some variety on Axis as well, but I'd be happy with just some useful ones on Allies stuff.

That, or a re nerf of blitz back to its acceleration version.

I'll work on the Axis stuff later, but It would probably be similar to my allied suggestions so the Vet ability fits the roll of the tank and helps it preform better instead of just having one ability that preforms to well on certain vehicles and not very on others.

I feel nerfs are counterproductive, simply bringing people to a level playing field with buffs is much more fun for everyone involved.

24 Mar 2015, 04:14 AM

Great ideas. Not sure about the USF changes, I think they're fine as they are , but the Soviet changes are well thought out and will make the game more interesting.
24 Mar 2015, 04:14 AM

only if the t34 turns into a roo with a turret :3 ...

that is2 ability sounds damn powerful for a tank that doesn't seem to struggle finishing tanks, nor really need armour to hold still.

and call me impish or a man of the ppl or w.e, but adding more micro intensiveness to an already often finicky USF crewing system makes me sad, as well as "in combat" triggers are often really dodgy.

it's cool to think it about it though.

what about the scout cars and aaht?

24 Mar 2015, 04:24 AM

only if the t34 turns into a roo with a turret :3 ...

that is2 ability sounds damn powerful for a tank that doesn't seem to struggle finishing tanks, nor really need armour to hold still.

and call me impish or a man of the ppl or w.e, but adding more micro intensiveness to an already often finicky USF crewing system makes me sad, as well as "in combat" triggers are often really dodgy.

it's cool to think it about it though.

what about the scout cars and aaht?

I think the M3 is fine at the moment, as is the AAHT which becomes the best anti air unit in the game once turned on.

The IS2's long reload means that activating the ability would take some time like TWP does on the Pak43 or Elefant, so you could avoid it if you were paying attention and move out of range of the IS2.

And the idea behind the USF vet 1 abilities are supposed to make them less micro intensive by adding additional armor and health!
24 Mar 2015, 04:31 AM

word.

And the idea behind the USF vet 1 abilities are supposed to make them less micro intensive by adding additional armor and health!

i mean, it does to an extent, especially seeing as speed would be decreased, i would hope the ability is a fair trade off for the lack of mobility, but i'm envisioning, when i do have to repair my armour, which happens every so often: it's select the tank, disable the sandbags (possibly wait), disembark, shift click repair/crit repair, wait, rebuild the bags praying that the game recognizes it as an entity that's mine, or crew it and proceed with building, (wait) hop in.

almost sounds like a job for RE's, give me more a reason to keep those bastards alive, or not guarding a fighting position in some abandoned corner. :/

what about the 221 and the m3?
24 Mar 2015, 04:42 AM

word.

i mean, it does to an extent, especially seeing as speed would be decreased, i would hope the ability is a fair trade off for the lack of mobility, but i'm envisioning, when i do have to repair my armour, which happens every so often: it's select the tank, disable the sandbags (possibly wait), disembark, shift click repair/crit repair, wait, rebuild the bags praying that the game recognizes it as an entity that's mine, or crew it and proceed with building, (wait) hop in.

almost sounds like a job for RE's, give me more a reason to keep those bastards alive, or not guarding a fighting position in some abandoned corner. :/

what about the 221 and the m3?

Yeah obviously it's an involved process, but when your getting free armor and health it has to be to balance out how quickly USF can get multiple armor units out onto the field.

This would also encourage use of RE's and Assault Engineers, to provide quick repairs.

Like I said, the M3 is fine, it's faster movement makes sense. And the 221 is an Axis vehicle which I'll touch on at a later date.
24 Mar 2015, 04:47 AM

The only USF vehicle that very much needs a different vet ability is the stuart as one ability requires it to commit suicide to produce a damaged engine on an enemy vehicle, and the other is supposed to stun vehicles, but itll shoot at everything but the vehicle you want stunned.
Sherman smoke barrage is still very useful for covering up retreats/advances, but the sandbag suggestion wouldnt be bad at all if the process worked like hulldown (crew gets out, puts on sandbags for x time, gets back in and can only get rid of sandbags and get back out once out of combat).

ISU-152 technically does have an ability called "load concrete piercing round" of the like i have never seen used in multiplayer (One round for a stash of muni which shoots at a specific location). The other soviet ideas are much better than the current vet abilities that do not fit any vehicle other than the t-70.

IS-2 shatter ability... I guess if it is technically avoidable/noticeable, then that would make a much more fitting ability than capture point.

Then there is the healing bag/thing (i dont even know what its called; i pretend it doesnt exist) and its tripwire flare counterpart, posing as the infantry standard of redundant vet abilities...
24 Mar 2015, 09:16 AM

Very good idea specially the T34 Transport stuff, but maybe it schould be a commander ability. such an ability in stock Units would make the soviet too mobile and make all mg useless.
24 Mar 2015, 09:28 AM
Patrion 14

Not bad ideas overall, but: the officer aura on the KVs aren't abilities, and as such not suitable for vet 1 according to Relic's laws of CoH2. Also, I'd never put my infantry on a tank if that'd mean they'd deal less damage and get shot down faster, when I could also just let them walk next to the tank without the penalties.
24 Mar 2015, 09:29 AM
Patrion 14

Very good idea specially the T34 Transport stuff, but maybe it schould be a commander ability. such an ability in stock Units would make the soviet too mobile and make all mg useless.

A T34 without units climbing them already makes an MG useless :P
24 Mar 2015, 10:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Treadbreaker on the IS2 is an awful idea... I hope you realize it means the IS2 would be able to hardcounter all nonturreted tank destroyers (i.e. its own hardcounters) single-handedly?
24 Mar 2015, 11:48 AM
Donator 11

It is quite obvious that the Blitz ability of Axis tanks as well as TWP makes their Vet 1 much more desirable, and much more potent.

At Vet 1 the IS2 gains the shatter ability; targeting the weak point of an enemy vehicle for 75 munitions the IS2 will cause a immobilization critical. When this ability is used the crew must fully reload, and after it has a long cool down on the ability.

:rofl:
24 Mar 2015, 12:37 PM

Treadbreaker on the IS2 is an awful idea... I hope you realize it means the IS2 would be able to hardcounter all nonturreted tank destroyers (i.e. its own hardcounters) single-handedly?

Why are your Elefants, Jadgtigers, and Jadgpanzers being hit by IS2's? :S

Not bad ideas overall, but: the officer aura on the KVs aren't abilities, and as such not suitable for vet 1 according to Relic's laws of CoH2. Also, I'd never put my infantry on a tank if that'd mean they'd deal less damage and get shot down faster, when I could also just let them walk next to the tank without the penalties.

The idea of putting infantry on the T34's is to move them up faster and allow them to easier support your tank pushes. So you can move your tanks up, jump off, and secure an area.

And the KV officers only give a small bonus only slightly better than the Sturmofficers, and all the KV's are doctrinal so it's not like your giving Soviets a non-doc officer.
24 Mar 2015, 13:17 PM

• The SU-76 and 85 now have a ambush ability, they hull down themselves and when an enemy enters the tanks firing range will deliver a stun crit and a guaranteed penetration. When this hull down cloak is active the tank cannot move forward or backwards, and can only rotate slowly (Thanks for this idea Elch :))

SU-76 is not a tank destroyer. Its role is move with infantry and help them in destroying bunkers and such, as it is written right in the unit description.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★