Login

russian armor

DAK, a possible match up with the Brits?

18 Mar 2015, 18:30 PM

So, with the talk about Brits one has to speculate... If they do become a separate faction, what will be added to the Axis side.

If they follow the theme of opening a new front and the Brits are going to be included, the logical conclusion is Afrika.

Another German faction is not really the most interesting prospect, but I guess they could bring in Italians and some older German equipment. Then again I don't think they would want to include the Brits without their newer stuff since they aren't already overloaded with two other factions from the same country.

What do you expect we will see?
18 Mar 2015, 18:48 PM

Comets/useful tanks against DAK equipment? :P

Surely Brits cant be designed before the development of the 17* pounder where it took many, many 2 pounders on tanks and a lucky shell wedged between the turret and the hull to take out a Tiger... So DAK would find itself in a very tough position...

So no DAK unless Brits become the next sadface faction.

And DAK would need its 88's and early Tigers...
18 Mar 2015, 18:55 PM

I suspect the Brits we get are more likely to the based around the 1944 Italian Campaign or Operation Market Garden British forces since that means plenty of 17 pounders to help vs the late war armor OKW and Ost can produce.
18 Mar 2015, 18:56 PM

It would be cool if they just added more units to OKW/Ostheers line up instead of adding a new Axis faction.

And I mean stock unit's.
18 Mar 2015, 19:00 PM

It would be cool if they just added more units to OKW/Ostheers line up instead of adding a new Axis faction.

And I mean stock unit's.

It might be interesting if Relic allowed the Axis factions to substitute units for alternates via a system similar to ToV in vCoH. Just increasing the pool of units the those factions could produce without substituting out other units is a recipe for imbalance.
18 Mar 2015, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2015, 19:00 PMCabreza

It might be interesting if Relic allowed the Axis factions to substitute units for alternates via a system similar to ToV in vCoH. Just increasing the pool of units the those factions could produce without substituting out other units is a recipe for imbalance.

Adding a unit here or there wouldn't cause an issue if we are talking just filling holes in the unit roster like putting in more support weapons but your idea is pretty interesting.
18 Mar 2015, 19:35 PM

it took many, many 2 pounders on tanks and a lucky shell wedged between the turret and the hull to take out a Tiger... So DAK would find itself in a very tough position...

Ever heard of howitzers? Be they on tanks or field towed?

Or even more than that, the standard issue APCR rounds for british 6pdrs?

Or even better than that (though we do reach for 1944) for APDS rounds that were issued to the same old 6pdr?

We already have the britsh 6pdr in game, it's the american AT gun with the munitions ability permenently on.

And I mean stock unit's.

Ew, no.

The axis fractions already have more versatility in teching progression than the soviets (and to a certain extent americans) can dream of. If you want to expand the standard roster, you have to do it to both sides, or one of them is going to get an un-accounted for buff in versatility and teching burden that their counterparts will not.

Introducing a new allied faction with a standard roster is not an equivalent balance to your opponents suddenly have an extra half dozen units they can call on in any match. Your opponent can still only bring one army, after all, which now has to face off against one with much more flexibility (and frankly, the axis don't need any more advantage in flexability without commander ties)
18 Mar 2015, 19:39 PM

Ever heard of howitzers? Be they on tanks or field towed?

Or even more than that, the standard issue APCR rounds for british 6pdrs?

Or even better than that (though we do reach for 1944) for APDS rounds that were issued to the same old 6pdr?

We already have the britsh 6pdr in game, it's the american AT gun with the munitions ability permenently on.

Ew, no.

The axis fractions already have more versatility in teching progression than the soviets (and to a certain extent americans) can dream of. If you want to expand the standard roster, you have to do it to both sides, or one of them is going to get an un-accounted for buff in versatility and teching burden that their counterparts will not.

Introducing a new allied faction with a standard roster is not an equivalent balance to your opponents suddenly have an extra half dozen units they can call on in any match. Your opponent can still only bring one army, after all, which now has to face off against one with much more flexibility (and frankly, the axis don't need any more advantage in flexability without commander ties)

Which is why I said filling holes in unit lists, rather than adding a massive amount of units. Putting new commanders in the game for Axis + a new stock unit here or there while allies get a new faction seems to be somewhat fine, but as said earlier a interesting idea would be to be able to replace units in your roster similar to VoH.

Replace PII with PIII, replace 221 with radio car, replace Panther with Jadgpanther, ect.
18 Mar 2015, 21:19 PM

I think it will be a Mediterranean Italian/German army. That way they could still pass them off as a afrika army for campaign missions and maps with restricted units.

I just don't see them adding a exclusive afrika army. It's just too restrictive and I know for sure that the british won't be afrika only since they want to use their later stuff and they will want the armies to match up like the other ones.
18 Mar 2015, 21:22 PM
Patrion 14

I think it will be a Mediterranean Italian/German army. That way they could still pass them off as a afrika army for campaign missions and maps with restricted units.

I just don't see them adding a exclusive afrika army. It's just too restrictive and I know for sure that the british won't be afrika only since they want to use their later stuff and they will want the armies to match up like the other ones.

I also doubt we will be seeing Afrika corps, but don't underestimate relic. After all, we have a 1942-43 Soviet army that does quite well in game compared to more "modern" army compositions. :}
18 Mar 2015, 21:27 PM

I also doubt we will be seeing Afrika corps, but don't underestimate relic. After all, we have a 1942-43 Soviet army that does quite well in game compared to more "modern" army compositions. :}

Just get a Tiger & moveable Pak 88 as a T4 units and everything will be fine.
18 Mar 2015, 21:40 PM

Just get a Tiger & moveable Pak 88 as a T4 units and everything will be fine.
I just don't think relic will do a third german faction, at least not entirely. Looking at how the WFA factions were designed it's obvious that the design team is pretty ambitious. They will be looking to get some actual aesthetic variety on the axis side as well. Afrika corps also implies it will be much more German oriented, and wouldn't really be very different aesthetically then warmacht or early-game OKW(for example: almost all suggested afrika corps suggestions I've seen usually contain the tiger in some way). Mediterranean would be more Italy themed while still letting them use some of those unused german stuff to fill in any holes or just because it's cool.
18 Mar 2015, 21:41 PM

pls, shut the garden up with africa factions/campaign, this just won't happen :snfBarton:
18 Mar 2015, 21:49 PM

There were a lot of suggestions and a Italian core + German elite unit army would be pretty nice.

I really liked this suggestion, it's totally possible.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/19183/afrika-korps--armies-of-north-africa
19 Mar 2015, 07:51 AM

One can only hope that there is a Rommel commander
19 Mar 2015, 08:14 AM

Why add a german faction at all? Why not just add Brits and have 2vs3 factions. Its not like you are gonna face more enemies in the end. Germans just get more commanders ( or for the sake of custom commanders, more abillitys and special units, like the 88! ) ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★