Login

russian armor

Schwerer so broken, will it be fixed in the upcoming patch?

PAGES (19)down
19 Mar 2015, 12:37 PM
Patrion 14

Katitof, calm down. I think most neutral observers can agree that

1) Soviet stock units are not super great (except for the T70, which is a model murdering machine) compared to the call-ins, which is a problem, but also that

2) The Soviets currently have the best army by a long shot, since there are no gaps on the roster. Soviets have 30 muni mines, core infantry that scales at least to midgame, elite infantry that can wipe Obers at melee range, both of the best indirect fire units in the game (stationary and team-manned), pound-for-pound the best medium tank in the game, the second best heavy tank in the game after the KT, and a reasonably effective AT gun with a powerful barrage ability. Obviously you can't have all of those things at the same time, but that's kind of beside the point, which is that the Soviets have an answer for absolutely everything that can be thrown at them, and several things (like the 120mm mortar, or T34/85 spam) that the Axis factions have no direct answer to. I mean the only weaknesses I would really attribute to the Soviets are the length of the molotov throwing animation, and the lack of damage-dealing handheld AT, though for what they do the stock AT nades aren't bad. Compare that to the OKW medium tank situation, or the USF heavy tank/elite infantry situation, or everything about Ostheer.

Getting back OT, the Schwerer flak cannon needs a moderate penetration nerf and then a slight nerf to either DPS or suppression. That's all, I should think.
19 Mar 2015, 12:57 PM

Katitof, calm down. I think most neutral observers can agree that

1) Soviet stock units are not super great (except for the T70, which is a model murdering machine) compared to the call-ins, which is a problem, but also that

2) The Soviets currently have the best army by a long shot, since there are no gaps on the roster. Soviets have 30 muni mines, core infantry that scales at least to midgame, elite infantry that can wipe Obers at melee range, both of the best indirect fire units in the game (stationary and team-manned), pound-for-pound the best medium tank in the game, the second best heavy tank in the game after the KT, and a reasonably effective AT gun with a powerful barrage ability. Obviously you can't have all of those things at the same time, but that's kind of beside the point, which is that the Soviets have an answer for absolutely everything that can be thrown at them, and several things (like the 120mm mortar, or T34/85 spam) that the Axis factions have no direct answer to. I mean the only weaknesses I would really attribute to the Soviets are the length of the molotov throwing animation, and the lack of damage-dealing handheld AT, though for what they do the stock AT nades aren't bad. Compare that to the OKW medium tank situation, or the USF heavy tank/elite infantry situation, or everything about Ostheer.

Getting back OT, the Schwerer flak cannon needs a moderate penetration nerf and then a slight nerf to either DPS or suppression. That's all, I should think.

I pick Partisan! and I have nothing of the mentioned above.
19 Mar 2015, 13:00 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 12:57 PMJorad

Partisans have their uses in team games but IMO there's only a few commanders worth taking 1v1/2v2, and Partisans are not good enough. That said, it's not like the Soviet stock units are terrible; cons can snipe grens even at range, Maxims are extremely cost-effective, the stock T34 isn't a bad tank by any means, and personally I think the T70 is the best light vehicle in the game.
19 Mar 2015, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 09:15 AMJohnnyB

:lolol:

That was funny, realy.

better gif? Kappa

19 Mar 2015, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 12:57 PMJorad

Partisan doctrine is more usefull than some of ostheer doctrines I can think of. Pick german inantry doctrine, for instance.
19 Mar 2015, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 13:19 PMJohnnyB

Partisan doctrine is more usefull than some of ostheer doctrines I can think of. Pick german inantry doctrine, for instance.

I've been playing around with some non-meta commanders, had good fun with german infantry. Problem is, there are 2 indirect fire abilities that are almost useless in an already muni-hungry commander. Also, the most used abilites are present in other commanders - specially Lightning war.
19 Mar 2015, 14:21 PM

The med truck massively exacerbates the S.HQ a lot of the time.

Mobile retreat points in my opinion are completely impossible to balance well as they're so incredibly map dependent, I'd love to see them removed (both USF and OKW). They'd need to add some form of on map reinforce for OKW though and I can't see them making that big a change.

As for the S.HQ, I personally hate the thing and think it detracts from the game but whether its counterable or not entirely depends on the faction/doctrine you have selected and the placement of the thing.

USF without a doctrine call in basically have AT guns for killing it and while they're effective when they can hit it, if its placed in a relatively defensive location that covers a VP but does not allow the AT gun to fire at it without moving into the flaks range you may as well give up on fighting it until you have a sherman/jackson. While not necessarily 'overpowered' per se, it is boring and stale when you then see the exact same S.hq placement every single time you play the map.
19 Mar 2015, 15:14 PM

2 riflemen are required to perma-smoke the schwerer.
Keep that in mind.
19 Mar 2015, 16:01 PM

2 riflemen are required to perma-smoke the schwerer.
Keep that in mind.

Reality vs theorycraft.

Show ONE player that have EVER done it.
19 Mar 2015, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 16:01 PMKatitof

Reality vs theorycraft.

You ask, I provide.

The assault failed when they killed the MG, tho.
19 Mar 2015, 16:30 PM

Funny. That sounds EXACTLY like what a member of a hidden axis conspiracy kabal would say.

lol, just lol

OKW is not unbeatable, obviously saying this makes me part of the secret nazi conspiracy :S

Reality vs theorycraft.

You can also use mortar smoke barrage, sherman smoke barrage, ect.
19 Mar 2015, 16:40 PM
Patrion 14

I think the complaint is better understood as someone above indicated, in terms of opportunity costs. I don't usually have a trouble eventually blowing up the OKW trucks. Sometimes I'm successful at blowing up multiple trucks (B4 precision shot helps). However, just blowing up a truck usually isn't enough, especially when investing the time, resources, and attention into blowing it up means you aren't doing other things.

That said, I still think the main problem with the Flak HQ is the penetration value.
19 Mar 2015, 16:43 PM

That's pretty much it, it shouldn't pen mediums but otherwise it's fine. Should get a fix so it properly indicates the range.

Would also be nice if you could control what it shot at.
19 Mar 2015, 16:59 PM

You ask, I provide.

The assault failed when they killed the MG, tho.

Assault failed so you did not provide anything :)

None player will leave Schwerer unprotected.
Also those trucks... Positioning of them was just terrible, it was like: "Hey, here is my truck! Ground attack and enojoy!"

His micro was terrible as well. How many wipes with nades? :D

And that point blank with SP at Rifles but he went back to approach Rifles again :drool:

Oh and I loved when T34 arrived the same time when Panther :D

But the point is, you have sent all troops to try to get it and while in 3v3/4v4 your teammates will hold rest of the map, in 1v1 failed assault means losing 80% od the map.
19 Mar 2015, 17:01 PM

No player will leave Schwerer unprotected.
Also those trucks... Positioning of them was just terrible, it was like: "Hey, here is my truck! Ground attack and enojoy!"

Just lure the defenders away, easy as a piece of cake.
Decoy, and bump your best DPS dealer into it, kill in less than 20 seconds.

L2P please, team games are for CO-OPs.

And what do you expect? in 3v3 and 4v4, 99.9% of players are scrubs.
19 Mar 2015, 17:05 PM

And that point blank with SP at Rifles but he went back to approach Rifles again :drool:

But the point is, you have sent all troops to try to get it and while in 3v3/4v4 your teammates will hold rest of the map, in 1v1 failed assault means losing 80% od the map.

If OKW is unbeatable in 1's why in gods name does it have the second lowest win streaks of any faction? Seriously mate I'm no one's player but more than enough have popped into this thread to show that OKW is more balanced in 1's than any game mode.

Why do you keep assuming the OKW player will play perfect, and lol if you have never killed a setting up OKW truck, holy shit.
19 Mar 2015, 17:10 PM

Basically thanks to THESE kind of players or forum fighters, OKW will be dead 10 days later.
Practise more USF for the patch, Uncle Sam going to end Battle of the Bulge by their new M10s and M36s.
19 Mar 2015, 17:15 PM

If OKW is unbeatable in 1's why in gods name does it have the second lowest win streaks of any faction? Seriously mate I'm no one's player but more than enough have popped into this thread to show that OKW is more balanced in 1's than any game mode.

Why do you keep assuming the OKW player will play perfect, and lol if you have never killed a setting up OKW truck, holy shit.

I dont think at any point in this thread did someone delcare OKW unbeatable....
19 Mar 2015, 17:17 PM

I dont think at any point in this thread did someone delcare OKW unbeatable....

I think Mr. Australian Magic always do, by his marvellous biased exaggeration.
19 Mar 2015, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 17:10 PMPorygon

Basically thanks to THESE kind of players or forum fighters, OKW will be dead 10 days later.
Practise more USF for the patch, Uncle Sam going to end Battle of the Bulge by their new M10s and M36s.

:huhsign:

Maybe you did not notice but Im not anti axis/okw.
Im playing all game modes. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. I can see differences between 4v4 and 1v1 and Im very objective.

You can find plenty posts where I was whining about Allies as well, or defending Axis so your logic where you find my as anti-axis is broken :)

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2015, 17:17 PMPorygon

I think Mr. Australian Magic always do.

Oh please, point me where!
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak