Login

russian armor

For or against molotovs

14 Mar 2015, 04:31 AM

There's a story of one man during Stalingrad whose bottle was shot but still threw himself at the tank as he burned up.

In my fantasy Soviet Workers Militia faction they're AT weapons that do minute amounts of damage but blind the tank and cause engine overheated crits.
14 Mar 2015, 05:18 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'd use them more if I didn't feel Cons were more or less irrelevant versus OKW and if I didn't feel that if didn't get enough of building a base infantry unit when I play USF
14 Mar 2015, 06:26 AM

I'd use them more if I didn't feel Cons were more or less irrelevant versus OKW and if I didn't feel that if didn't get enough of building a base infantry unit when I play USF

Early game con spam can punish OKW very hard due to Volks poor performance against infantry.
14 Mar 2015, 17:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

And they have nothing to deal with Kubels and Sturms have very nice DPS
14 Mar 2015, 17:46 PM

Early game con spam can punish OKW very hard due to Volks poor performance against infantry.

I don't know what world you're in where volks preform poorly, but it's not the one I'm in, where they all shoot much better than conscripts do. Pick one off while they advance to close range and you're set. Also, 5mp cheaper a squad, and a free sturmpio unit to stand behind them and close in if the cons come swarming
14 Mar 2015, 18:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I must gently disagree (1v1) though I don't think it different to other multiplayers.

The only choice I make after 2 Cons is whether to select At Grenades, or Molotovs. Broadly, that depends on the Axis faction I am facing.

i.e. if OKW, I have to suspect a Kubel - so I listen for engine noise, and watch for aggressive truck push - bushes/fences/trees going down in the FoW ----> It's AT grenades

If no engine noise etc, then it's Molotovs. I know that neither Pios nor Cons will be strong enough against Sturms/Volks, but Molotovs can dig the Axis out of green cover, give a warning and start a retreat/bleed. Either way, I don't bother with an early T1. And you can have fun with the fake Molotov throw.

Ostheer are more problematic: if I am on the wrong map, and if my opponent has chosen Mechanised Assault in his load out (about which you will know more than me ;) ) - I have to assume (s)he may choose AssGrens and so I discount T1 for an early strong-arm start, and instead go for Molotovs, with a view to dislodgement of any attempt to take my cut off, or alternativley, with a view to bagging an early MG42.
14 Mar 2015, 18:34 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Oh reeely? :unsure:

2 Volks teamed up, or Kubel/Volks (especially if either are are accompanied with Sturms...).that's one hell of a force.
14 Mar 2015, 19:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I must gently disagree (1v1) though I don't think it different to other multiplayers.

I think it can be done, it's just that Rifles are so much better than Cons that there is no reason to go Sov and build Cons where if that is playstyle you want you can just go USF.
14 Mar 2015, 19:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I think it can be done, it's just that Rifles are so much better than Cons that there is no reason to go Sov and build Cons where if that is playstyle you want you can just go USF.

Yep - well especially, if you have the 'Riffles' Commander, or play 'Amor' in 4v4, I can see that - but where is your late game? . :unsure:
14 Mar 2015, 19:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

My USF late game is a P-47...
14 Mar 2015, 20:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

My USF late game is a P-47...

But as against Close Air Support, or (the heavily nerfed) Assault Support doctrine, how do you hope to win? :unsure:
14 Mar 2015, 20:05 PM
Patrion 14

for
14 Mar 2015, 20:43 PM

I don't know what world you're in where volks preform poorly, but it's not the one I'm in, where they all shoot much better than conscripts do. Pick one off while they advance to close range and you're set. Also, 5mp cheaper a squad, and a free sturmpio unit to stand behind them and close in if the cons come swarming

IIRC Volks don't surpass till they hit Vet 3, if you close to short/medium range with cons you will walk all over him.

And Sturms early game are pretty fragile, just stay out of close range and if you kill 1-2 models he won't be able to take you on.

Kubel also get's overwhelmed if you don't group your cons up to much. Have one run straight down the middle at it to draw fire and one strafe to the left or right.

Oh reeely? :unsure:

2 Volks teamed up, or Kubel/Volks (especially if either are are accompanied with Sturms...).that's one hell of a force.

When ever I go 4 cons to start I never have an issue with OKW because your Cons are better and more numerous than his Volks, while most players don't have the micro to take you on using the kubel.

It's called strafing to the left or right with more than one squad, kubel pathing is terrible, take advantage of it.
14 Mar 2015, 21:06 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

When ever I go 4 cons to start I never have an issue with OKW because your Cons are better and more numerous than his Volks, while most players don't have the micro to take you on using the kubel.

It's called strafing to the left or right with more than one squad, kubel pathing is terrible, take advantage of it.

No no no.. calling you out. Sorry :(

I envisage a situation where you are Soviet on N Langreskaya (1v1) - your opponent is Ostheer (AssGrens) - or OKW - and goes for the quick cut-off. We are nowhere near to 4 Cons at this stage,and even if we are,it implies no Con uptech to AT nades,etc

No issues? Sersly? Replay please. :)
14 Mar 2015, 21:41 PM

No no no.. calling you out. Sorry :(

I envisage a situation where you are Soviet on N Langreskaya (1v1) - your opponent is Ostheer (AssGrens) - or OKW - and goes for the quick cut-off. We are nowhere near to 4 Cons at this stage,and even if we are,it implies no Con uptech to AT nades,etc

No issues? Sersly? Replay please. :)

I don't play 1v1, but since most 2's are just little 1v1's anyway Iv never had an issue when spamming cons because you out class his Volks and Sturms lose to much DPS when you kill a model or two when they are rushing you.

Kubel can be tricky when facing a good player, but I have found splitting up units helps immensily due to the Kubels horrible pathing/movement.

Here are two replays of my cons doing fine early game even with out being up to 4

http://www.coh2.org/replay/32097/ka-boom-baby

http://www.coh2.org/replay/32098/%3Estill-playing-ostheer-in-2015

EDIT: ill try to find one versus OKW later tonight.
14 Mar 2015, 22:42 PM
Patrion 14

I only find kubels an issue on 1v1 Semoskiy, because they can get to your cutoff before you can and the bridge is so narrow. Otherwise I'm generally pretty happy to see the kubel (especially in 2v2) because it only means resources down the drain for OKW.

As for the issue about molotovs, it depends. I generally only go for them if the Axis player likes camping in buildings, and/or if I'm in a good spot toward midgame and have some armor out.
15 Mar 2015, 01:06 AM

IIRC Volks don't surpass till they hit Vet 3, if you close to short/medium range with cons you will walk all over him.

And Sturms early game are pretty fragile, just stay out of close range and if you kill 1-2 models he won't be able to take you on.

Kubel also get's overwhelmed if you don't group your cons up to much. Have one run straight down the middle at it to draw fire and one strafe to the left or right.

Outclass Volks? They are pretty damn equal id say, i still would give the edge to Volks combat wise. They also have Sturm and Kübel support...and conscripts...well just have more conscripts :foreveralone:
15 Mar 2015, 01:09 AM

Outclass Volks? They are pretty damn equal id say, i still would give the edge to Volks combat wise. They also have Sturm and Kübel support...and conscripts...well just have more conscripts :foreveralone:

You can get a lot more cons out the door early than he can get volks and sturms out. You can easily overwhelm him, and if he just keeps making more volks laugh while he has basically no MP left to do anything with.

Conspam (or just getting 3 to start) is a legit tactic that works very well, I don't think on this site were lenny is a well known figure I need to post more replays to prove it.
15 Mar 2015, 01:53 AM

You can get a lot more cons out the door early than he can get volks and sturms out. You can easily overwhelm him, and if he just keeps making more volks laugh while he has basically no MP left to do anything with.

Conspam (or just getting 3 to start) is a legit tactic that works very well, I don't think on this site were lenny is a well known figure I need to post more replays to prove it.

Mate, i know who lenny is. And you can get just as many Volks out. Because they are just as cheap.

The difference between us is that you havent played a single ranked 1v1 in your life, the mode where balance matters the most.
15 Mar 2015, 02:01 AM

Mate, i know who lenny is. And you can get just as many Volks out. Because they are just as cheap.

The difference between us is that you havent played a single ranked 1v1 in your life, the mode where balance matters the most.

If balance is so much better in 1's wouldn't it make cons harder to use in higher ones? And thus it more impressive to succeed with them by your logic?

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★