Login

russian armor

Jaeger Infantry

16 Mar 2015, 00:57 AM
Patrion 14

What is the accuracy of the sniper rifle though? Thats the question. Also does the rifle take away 70% of the health of a model away, or does it just instakill below 70% while still doing normal damage as the other rifles.

If an entity in a squad goes below 70% health the rifle will snipe them with 100% certainty. There is no accuracy or other rng factor involved.
16 Mar 2015, 01:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If an entity in a squad goes below 70% health the rifle will snipe them with 100% certainty. There is no accuracy or other rng factor involved.

REALLY!?
16 Mar 2015, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 01:18 AMVuther

REALLY!?

The G43 equipped soldier needs to hit the model with bellow 80% health to snipe it, and you can't control what model the soldier is shooting at so it can just shoot at full health soliders all day like an idiot, or sometimes it can kill several models rather quickly.

It's fairly RNG based, with Pathfinders somewhat less so because you have two snipe capable models.
16 Mar 2015, 21:04 PM

I don't get why people are comparing JLI to pathfinders when they are obviously meant for different purposes.

Pathfinder's reduced landing spread/reinforce point for paratroopers is amazing and basically the whole point of the unit. Also correct me if I'm wrong but aren't 2 M1 carbines worse than 2 K98s? If so it makes sense that the JLI can out damage them. Perhaps mirroring ther OKW setup and having only one pathfinder with a scoped rifle and upping the crit thresh-hold would make them a better overall damage dealer.

JLI are fine I think, they are after all meant to counter inf, but I also don't think they would be bad if they couldn't spawn in buildings and had a reduced price.

Storm troopers(fucking terrible name btw)are actually fairly weak plus they aren't able to do much without upgrades reducing their ability to be used as mainline. Plus they aren't OKW, I think they fit pretty well into Ostheer.

Fallschirmjager I agree should also spawn via parachutes.
16 Mar 2015, 21:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 21:04 PMDAKgasm
Pathfinder's reduced landing spread/reinforce point for paratroopers is amazing and basically the whole point of the unit.

Which is good, but unfortunately still not really worth the 8 pop they take up that the USF is always hurting for. It's basically impossible to have all the vehicles you'll need with 2 Paras ('cause at least two makes sense considering you're getting a whole other unit for the sole purpose of reinforcing just them), Path and the obligatory tier officers.

Were they less pop, I'd consider the combat discrepancies between Jaeger and Paths more or less fine.
16 Mar 2015, 21:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 21:33 PMVuther

Which is good, but unfortunately still not really worth the 8 pop they take up that the USF is always hurting for. It's basically impossible to have all the vehicles you'll need with 2 Paras ('cause at least two makes sense considering you're getting a whole other unit for the sole purpose of reinforcing just them), Path and the obligatory tier officers.

Were they less pop, I'd consider the combat discrepancies between Jaeger and Paths more or less fine.

The point is they fulfill different rolls and thus should not be directly compared in combat strength against one another. The pathfinder is great for support and sniping low health squads, JLI are good fighting single low model squads.
16 Mar 2015, 21:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The point is they fulfill different rolls and thus should not be directly compared in combat strength against one another. The pathfinder is great for support and sniping low health squads, JLI are good fighting single low model squads.

They should be, because they have the same cost yet one unit is enormously superior because of its combat potential, more abilities and better vet. Paths then get lay down a few beacons and proceed to be around to suck up your pop and be less effective than Jaegers.

If the Paths are mostly there to lay down beacons with a unique combat mechanic to aid their use a bit, fine, just reduce their cost to reflect that.
16 Mar 2015, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 21:43 PMVuther

They should be, because they have the same cost yet one unit is enormously superior because of its combat potential, more abilities and better vet. Paths then get lay down a few beacons and proceed to be around to suck up your pop and be less effective than Jaegers.

If the Paths are mostly there to lay down beacons with a unique combat mechanic to aid their use a bit, fine, just reduce their cost to reflect that.

Or give them x4 sniper rifles and see what happens.
17 Mar 2015, 04:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2015, 21:33 PMVuther

I was actually not aware of that, Maybe bump it down to 6 and change them to one marksman who crits at 70%? That sounds ok imo.
17 Mar 2015, 20:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2015, 04:07 AMDAKgasm

I was actually not aware of that, Maybe bump it down to 6 and change them to one marksman who crits at 70%? That sounds ok imo.

Well, Jaegers also cost 290 MP and 8 pop, but it's definitely justified with all the abilities they get and generally superior combat effectiveness. After all, CEs are 170 MP and 4 pop while Cons are 240 MP and 6 pop, ya know?
6 Nov 2015, 01:55 AM

JLI are great to shooting down UK sniper. Even in retreat can be critical. Im a okw player and i've seen many times.
6 Nov 2015, 10:30 AM

JLI are great to shooting down UK sniper.

Except for the cases when UK sniper is moving together with 2-3 tommies squads. You can't touch it and your JLI's will die if you don't retreat them before they even fire a shot.
6 Nov 2015, 10:53 AM

6 Nov 2015, 11:10 AM

Itaperuna, the Necromancer
6 Nov 2015, 11:20 AM

RIP Jeager OKW meta November 2015
6 Nov 2015, 12:00 PM

Wait when did JLI get nerfed?
6 Nov 2015, 21:52 PM

Itaperuna, the Necromancer

lol
nee
6 Nov 2015, 23:07 PM

JLI are smaller squad size, cost more, and are not as versatile as Riflemen. Naturally, a straight up fight will have the JLI at a tactical disadvantage; it naturally pays for the OKW player to have Jaegers hitting the Riflemen while the Riflemen are busy trying to fight something else. In any match I play with Jaegers, they shine brilliantly whenever the enemy is force to fight between them and something else- attack the VOks and the Jaegers will snipe whatever the Volks pick away at- attack the Jaegers and the latter can simply keep instance while Volks continue with their job.

So to answer OP since March, you can certainly beat Riflemen with LMG by making sure the Riflemen are busy shooting something else. Sort of basic tactical RTS gameplay, but there ya go.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★