Login

russian armor

Artillery Officer

10 Mar 2015, 16:15 PM
Patrion 14

get some ammo caches and use focus fire and smoke. i love the unit, how officers are supposed to work, not like sturm officer.
10 Mar 2015, 19:34 PM

Also he does not really work like an officer, just an upgradeable gren squad.

So he can fight too? That's great news! I assumed it was a handgun-helpless type of squad.
10 Mar 2015, 19:38 PM

The Ostheer Officers squad is actually the most durable Ostheer infantry unit in the game, great for capping points.

Honestly it's in a fairly good place at the moment, maybe could use a cost reduction. I have fun with it in conjunction with Oustruppen.
10 Mar 2015, 22:55 PM
Patrion 27

The officer model used to have something like 4 armor. It was ridiculous.

I would like to see him get some stun nades or a weapon upgrade or something at vet 2 or 3.
10 Mar 2015, 23:01 PM
Donator 33

I would like to see him get some stun nades or a weapon upgrade or something at vet 2 or 3.

He could turn to Übersoldat at vet 3, i mean who else could lead those poor Ostruppen to victory?

10 Mar 2015, 23:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You deserve a promotion when you're 266% tougher than Ivans in body armour.

Fun times.
11 Mar 2015, 23:52 PM

So i went in with a friend and tested the Atry officer.

Tested with 2 8% range bulletins I have.

Atry officer DOES NOT increase range of any "Assault gun/Atry" tanks, Captured strum, Brummbar, etc.

While it says "increased range of all atry" My LeFH18 atry did not gain any increased range, I saw the Range increased meter(Where it shows the lines and angles) but the LeFH could only shoot as far as it could before.

The only thing I noticed is the Atry Focus fire ability works well with Tanks/Infantry/LeFH to increase accuracy.
12 Mar 2015, 01:41 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 23:52 PMXazax
So i went in with a friend and tested the Atry officer.

Tested with 2 8% range bulletins I have.

Atry officer DOES NOT increase range of any "Assault gun/Atry" tanks, Captured strum, Brummbar, etc.

While it says "increased range of all atry" My LeFH18 atry did not gain any increased range, I saw the Range increased meter(Where it shows the lines and angles) but the LeFH could only shoot as far as it could before.

The only thing I noticed is the Atry Focus fire ability works well with Tanks/Infantry/LeFH to increase accuracy.

wait, so the range marker increased but you couldn't shoot any further with the bulletins?
12 Mar 2015, 12:00 PM

wait, so the range marker increased but you couldn't shoot any further with the bulletins?

:foreveralone:
12 Mar 2015, 12:06 PM

Company of bugs 2 :foreveralone:
12 Mar 2015, 13:48 PM

THAT should be reported in such case. I will check it out too.
17 Mar 2015, 21:36 PM

I tested it and the ability does work. Not sure about the bulletins but how would you guys be able to tell about a few percentages difference in range? You would have to play two different games on the same map, Place the mortar the at the same spot and see how far it stretches and take note. Maybe you did that?

Mortars recive what seems like double range or close to it. leFH 18 seems to recieve double range as well (couldn't try extreme range as they killed my officer and at that point of the tests I couldn't be bothered taking time to produce an new one and provide cover for him all the way). Panzerwerfer recieves some additional range, but not anything near double. Maybe 1/3 additional range. If a target is too far off, the mobile units will advance to a where they can reach. The howizter will simply not fire (my guess). Also (only watched it once), it seemed mobile units after relocating waited for each other to provide a sync barrage. It also seems the barrage will be executed so long the order is placed even if the officer is killed right after. So suicide rushes work. By ordering a strike too far away I could take notice how much the mortar team advanced and how much the panzerwerfer advanced and that way find their respective additional range recieved by the artillery officer (as concluded in bold). Arty officer order makes units ignore cooldown so feel free to barrage with respective unit before or after officer strike order.

It was way cool to see the effects of the combined barrage. Powerful. Ability definitely has use in my opinion.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2015, 23:52 PMXazax

My guess is that you klicked on the leFH 18 and checked its range. You can't tell like that, that's the individual unit's range. How it works is that the unit will fire at the Arty officers target reticle when he runs beyond the range of the leFH 18.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★