Login

russian armor

COH2 - Cheating Awareness

• This thread is locked
8 Mar 2015, 00:35 AM

This past month I've became very suspicious about cheats. Reason is, I notice in my replays, players move exactly to where I move... was this coincidence? At first I blew it off, but then notice more frequently this was happening, specifically with certain players. I did a google search and found this

site: (I removed the link that was proof this exists per Inverse request)

It has a maphack to reveal the enemies whole map. Interesting it has Imperial Danes name in the customer reviews (probably Imposter).

Some say "don't post about cheats, your just promoting it". I say the community has the right to awareness and to be vocal to relic about it, not to shut people up and keep them in the dark. And it keeps people in check with this awareness especially newer people who might get taken advantage of.

Oh yeah, some say this doesnt work. You are wrong it does work. Does this mean Im using it? why would I post something about my concern regarding cheats and using it, ridiculous, and to spend money on cheat program, even more ridiculous, money I don't have. I wouldn't want anyone to know about it. I just want a good clean game.

Note: If I wanted it, I would have to cancel my subscription to Siberians twitch stream channel, lol, then I can save the money for it.

I appreciate your time.

Thank you,
ICE
8 Mar 2015, 00:38 AM
Coder Red Badge

Maphacking is impossible to prevent in client-side games, and making an RTS server-side is impractical. Relic has also shown an ability to detect maphacking through battle servers, as evidenced by their ban wave on maphacking a while ago.

In reality, the vast majority of "hacking" incidents people report or complain about are just better players with better game knowledge. In the years of play and thousands upon thousands of CoH1 games I played, I never once suspected an opponent of maphacking. It's really not as prevalent as people want to believe.
8 Mar 2015, 00:39 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

From Site Rules:

Cheating is absolutely not allowed and anyone found to be cheating, publicly accusing others of cheating, or posting links to third party cheats, will be removed. Please report cheating directly to Relic via email: enforcement@relic.com. If you are not sure about whether or not you should post something on COH2.ORG, it's always best to PM a COH2.ORG Admin to ask first

COH2.ORG decided upon launch, that we will not take on any anti-cheating responsibilities. Those should be directed to Relic. Relic wants it that way too.
8 Mar 2015, 00:41 AM

Maphacking is impossible to prevent in client-side games, and making an RTS server-side is impractical. Relic has also shown an ability to detect maphacking through battle servers, as evidenced by their ban wave on maphacking a while ago.

In reality, the vast majority of "hacking" incidents people report or complain about are just better players with better game knowledge. In the years of play and thousands upon thousands of CoH1 games I played, I never once suspected an opponent of maphacking. It's really not as prevalent as people want to believe.

And on the other hand, there are players like me that have watched replays with the stukas and katuyshas perfect aim without recon.

thank you for letting me bring this up to the community, its important for a good clean game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS