Login

russian armor

No kick player feature?

22 Feb 2015, 23:45 PM

Had this wehr player basekill me, my army and my teammates because apparently we weren't pulling our weight...we were winning on city 17 and "camping" :O! while he built nothing but grens and schrek PGs....I smelled a troll from the start with his pink teamchat text...

So we basically saw our win and any fun we were having disappear due to the game having no protection against trolls and teamkillers. A simple 3 to 1 vote to kick would be the easiest solution.

As a side note...is a replay enough to get someone banned?
22 Feb 2015, 23:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Some funfacts about team games in CoH2: There are no rules on the CoH2 Official Website, official Company of Heroes Forums, or on Relic's website, which explicitly forbid teamkilling/team-attacking in team games.

The only offense you can commit in CoH2 multiplayer which will be punished by banning is hacking.

4v4 best game mode.
22 Feb 2015, 23:59 PM

I mean of course 4v4 is just for laughs but it's a bit too easy to waste 30+ minutes of someone's day but ordering attack ground because you have no life and need to get pleasure this way.
23 Feb 2015, 00:39 AM

I play/ed counter-strike a lot, a kick can be pretty abusive in environments like this.

I would like to see CS's overwatch system: replays are flagged when a user is reported; unsportsmanlike conduct, griefing w.e. Players with X number of hours review the replay and submit their verdict, if a majority agree with the reported offense and/or any other infractions found the offender is removed from the match making pool for a specific time, per the severity of the offense up to permanence.

I imagine such a system would take a lot of work and is wishful thinking however and doesn't in the short term deal with the immediate in game offense. I guess, disable team damage?
23 Feb 2015, 01:55 AM

Who the heck needs a rule carved in stone for not teamkilling? not to mention the sh!ttalk preceeing it in 99% of the cases.

A kick-function however would be a desaster. try some smurfing an you will see! you would be kicked just for beeing a 'noob' by people 5000 ranks below you for allegedly loosing their match.
relic did a good job implementing replay feature to the game. from relics side: being more strict towards those assholes would be desireable.
23 Feb 2015, 02:08 AM

Permanently Banned
Who the heck needs a rule carved in stone for not teamkilling?

If you expect authoritative action to be taken on the delinquents responsible for such actions (i.e. temp/perma ban, ala hacking's punishment) then yes it does need to be explicitly stated by Relic. Otherwise, they wouldn't give two shits about what happens in 3v3/4v4 games, which they already don't.

Until Relic makes an official mandate that teamkilling/team-attacking in Automatch team games is forbidden, and will be enforced with direct punishment, people will be free to drop artillery on their teammate's retreat point as they please without any official repercussion.
23 Feb 2015, 02:29 AM

from as lawyers point of view, this might be a difficult thing to deal with. give you that. but in reality, it isnt. where should these conditions be written? on the games packaging?!? mentioned anywhere else, it would be too late. publishers to be sued by a passionated teamkiller for banning is unlikely.
23 Feb 2015, 03:53 AM

Permanently Banned
where should these conditions be written?

That is quite simple. All Relic would need to do is write out a companyofheroes.com blog post/facebook post/twitter tweet about a new rule/enforcement system effective at/on [x time/date]. They did this in the past, and all they would have to do is tell them to report it in the same way you would report hacking, an e-mail to enforcement@relic.com .

You're making it seem like I'm asking for a divine miracle, when in fact this problem can be solved easily and quickly with minimal resources.
23 Feb 2015, 07:00 AM

Kick vote functions are a greeeeat Idea.
One day I thought to myself... why not play a bit CS:GO? It had this neat leagues, and automatchmaking. So I go into Matchmaking, and perform not that well, but also not absolutly horrible. I get kicked... Guess what game I never played since.
23 Feb 2015, 07:48 AM

Had this wehr player basekill me, my army and my teammates because apparently we weren't pulling our weight...we were winning on city 17 and "camping" :O! while he built nothing but grens and schrek PGs....I smelled a troll from the start with his pink teamchat text...

So we basically saw our win and any fun we were having disappear due to the game having no protection against trolls and teamkillers. A simple 3 to 1 vote to kick would be the easiest solution.

As a side note...is a replay enough to get someone banned?

Agreed. Sometimes computer can do a better job than some idiot. Or for such reasons you stated above.
23 Feb 2015, 08:45 AM

I smelled a troll from the start with his pink teamchat text...

This alone is a strong reason to kick anyone. Lets implement it.
23 Feb 2015, 08:47 AM

As you said, 4v4 is for laughs but it's still a pain in the ass to see people like this ruin your game. The addition of player kick is unlikely. I think if they reduce the surrender vote requirement to 3 negative vote, you can at least stop wasting more time.
24 Feb 2015, 13:01 PM

I don't think there is much to do about this in Coh2. It's regrettable but I've never had a team-member attack me during the several hundreds of hours I've played online so I don't think it happens much. I've seen it happen in the opponent team two or three times I think. It's not realistic to have a board looking at other people's replays to pass judgement. It would require someone's volontary work, and how long will that last? And who will they be, and the results are not instantaneous anyways. I'm not so sure the bad behaviour player will continue to team-kill either. I think they do it because they get angry and, you know. And maybe if it happens again they'll do the same thing but from there on, I think most jerks will just rage-quit after calling the others noobs and such and not go through the trouble of teamkilling. It does take their time as well and I don't think they play the game to teamkill after all.

So, just live with that it can happen once or twice.

Kick vote functions are a greeeeat Idea.
One day I thought to myself... why not play a bit CS:GO? It had this neat leagues, and automatchmaking. So I go into Matchmaking, and perform not that well, but also not absolutly horrible. I get kicked... Guess what game I never played since.

It's a good point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS