60%
19%
21%
Total votes: 70
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 Feb 2015, 20:18 PM

..said no one ever.

You know why?

Because spamming 4-6 rifleman, then blobbing with bars and hoping to god your Ltd. light armor can squad wipe a couple axis units and win you early game EVERY game, is not a fun way to "diversify" and "combine arms" your army.

The matchmaking search is 90% AXIS 10% ALLIES most of the time for a reason, people do not like playing allies.

Who agrees?
16 Feb 2015, 20:30 PM

just because you have unimagantive strategies doesnt mean everyone else does. Try not getting a 4th riflemen and getting an m20 instead.
16 Feb 2015, 20:33 PM

Permanently Banned
lol I don't think I've ever seen someone who built more than 5 Riflemen win a game. Manpower bleed.
16 Feb 2015, 20:42 PM
Patrion 14

Agreed, but rifle / rifle / rifle with maybe a daring second REMF is hardly the stuff of flamboyant play.

USF could do with another base unit. Maybe a small three man scout team or something, or a fragile two-man .30 cal MG team.
16 Feb 2015, 20:55 PM

I'd say the both WFA factions have serious design flaws in terms of lack of interesting unit variation but doubly for the US. You first have to give people viable options before they can make diverse game play out of it. It's a RTS after all.
16 Feb 2015, 21:02 PM

I'd say the both WFA factions have serious design flaws in terms of lack of interesting unit variation but doubly for the US. You first have to give people viable options before they can make diverse game play out of it. It's a RTS after all.

WHAT?

Stuart, AAHT, Sherman, Puma, Luchs, Sturmtiger, Scott, Pries, m20. These units are very interesting and extremely fun to use.

The USF ones however are easily hard-countered the moment they hit the field, that's the main issue.

[...]or a fragile two-man .30 cal MG team.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thanks man.
16 Feb 2015, 21:03 PM
Patrion 14

I find the USF one of the better designed factions in both CoH installments. I have no problem with a faction being limited to a single starting unit in the first 5 minutes of play. Guessing and preempting the opponent's build order is part of the fun in RTS, it just does not apply to USF early game. Which, paradoxically, increases game's diversity (early game *shtick* for USF that diversifies it from other factions) .

You could basically have nothing but riflemen and it could still be an engaging RTS experience, as long as you were required to, you know, properly micro your riflemen and maybe do some creative flanking.

But the meta favours blobs. On all sides. USF reliance on riflemen is not the cause of this problem IMO, it's the lack of crowd control, and availability of smoke grenades. You could still spam Rifles in CoH1, but if you tried to blob against a Wehr player, you would get your ass handed to you in a series of very suppressive little 7,92mm packets.
16 Feb 2015, 21:07 PM

WHAT?

Stuart, AAHT, Sherman, Puma, Luchs, Sturmtiger, Scott, Pries, m20. These units are very interesting and extremely fun to use.

The USF ones however are easily hard-countered the moment they hit the field, that's the main issue.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Thanks man.

Interesting may not have been the right word...viable or competitive. I thought we were discussing early game here anyway? In which US has riflemen...it gets boring.
16 Feb 2015, 22:05 PM
Donator 11

Its not fun late game
16 Feb 2015, 22:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 20:18 PMiDolize
..said no one ever.

You know why?

Because spamming 4-6 rifleman, then blobbing with bars and hoping to god your Ltd. light armor can squad wipe a couple axis units and win you early game EVERY game, is not a fun way to "diversify" and "combine arms" your army.

The matchmaking search is 90% AXIS 10% ALLIES most of the time for a reason, people do not like playing allies.

Who agrees?

You're right, people don't like playing Allies because Axis is the easier side to win with. If your strat was so bullet proof, more people would play USF.
16 Feb 2015, 22:47 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 22:40 PMGhostTX

You're right, people don't like playing Allies because Axis is the easier side to win with. If your strat was so bullet proof, more people would play USF.

Axis are a safe bet. Put up a frontline, keep your squads alive, upgrade shreks/lmgs, hold on until mid/late game and win with one push. No brainer.

Allies need to be agressive and dominant early game. That requires skill and a brain.
16 Feb 2015, 22:52 PM

Axis are a safe bet. Put up a frontline, keep your squads alive, upgrade shreks/lmgs, hold on until mid/late game and win with one push. No brainer.

Allies need to be agressive and dominant early game. That requires skill and a brain.

I agree with you on the Axis SOP you laid out. And Axis is more forgiving all around. Even less micro required. Allies, you definitely HAVE to play better, where Axis, you can slack until the (more) OP units come out.

IMO, OKW is like best of PE and Brit from vCoH, all rolled into one.
16 Feb 2015, 22:53 PM

I personally enjoy the challenge. And the fact it forces me to be better at micro. Sadly it also shows me that I need to drop 3K to upgrade one of these days cause the input lag is KILLIN me.
16 Feb 2015, 23:05 PM
Donator 11

i mostly play 2v2+ and i especially enjoy US lategame, jackson micro is a pain in the ass but can be SO REWARDING, there is no better feeling
16 Feb 2015, 23:20 PM
Donator 11

i mostly play 2v2+ and i especially enjoy US lategame, jackson micro is a pain in the ass but can be SO REWARDING, there is no better feeling

Whats so fun about it?

You need to flank that KT and a squad of dumb shrek volks appears and ruin the perfect flank.

On top of that realising they were just a-moving gets you so pissed off you dont want to play.
17 Feb 2015, 04:42 AM

Imagination is the only limit to strategies for USF and for all other fractions. The problem is people don't like loosing. I have been playing the USF Mechanized Commander lately and using its jeep and its quite enjoyable and when you pull of a win using a company none one uses its a bonus.
17 Feb 2015, 04:46 AM

Whats so fun about it?

You need to flank that KT and a squad of dumb shrek volks appears and ruin the perfect flank.

On top of that realising they were just a-moving gets you so pissed off you dont want to play.

If you still use Jacksons as throw-away flanker, you deserve to lose, L2P.
17 Feb 2015, 05:09 AM

17 Feb 2015, 06:05 AM

lol army

most micro and weakest side in team games, only if soviets mates counter your weakness, you can give huge damage as USF lol forces
17 Feb 2015, 08:04 AM

It's hard to play, therefore challanging and rises your skill level because it's so difficult. After playing USF a while, I came back to OKW and saw my OKW skill increased. So I'm continuing with USF. I would say the same thing even in Ostheer case. It's difficult to hold your ground with OH but once you did it without losing to much troops the late game OH armor and air call-ins do the trick.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★