Login

russian armor

Ostheer: What is to be done?

PAGES (19)down
17 Feb 2015, 02:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 02:04 AMAladdin
Wehr is the only faction doesn't have a proper tank destroyer (with 60 range) in comparison with other factions; OKW's JP, Soviet's SU-85, USF's Jackson.

This faction could use one for the balance with other factions.

Please relic

PLEASE
17 Feb 2015, 02:14 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 02:04 AMAladdin
Wehr is the only faction doesn't have a proper tank destroyer (with 60 range) in comparison with other factions; OKW's JP, Soviet's SU-85, USF's Jackson.

This faction could use one for the balance with other factions.

Well, their real tank destroyer or hunter is the Panther, but it's locked behind a ton of tech. If tech changes are made either to Ost or other factions, I think the Panther slightly lower armour in exchange for a much needed RoF buff for the Ost Panther. It should be Ost's tank destroyer/hunter but it's more of a bully tank considering it takes forever to reload and fire and misses are common when you're trying to hunt enemy tanks outside of hugging range. Also I don't think they need 60 range TDs stock since we got paks to do all the work.

I don't mind T3 only offering generalists, though the StuG could use a pen buff, would help my StuG batteries deal with the IS-2s and E8s when in numbers like in the past before they got shifted into generalist assault gun, not that I mind being able to blast infantry at range 50.
17 Feb 2015, 02:23 AM

Also I don't think they need 60 range TDs stock since we got paks to do all the work.

Other factions (except OKW) also have AT guns similar to pak, but still a proper long-range tank destroyer is missing
17 Feb 2015, 02:27 AM

Anyone who says they don't want to see the Jadgpanther in the game is lying. Would be an excellent addition to OKW and Ostheer.
17 Feb 2015, 02:31 AM

Anyone who says they don't want to see the Jadgpanther in the game is lying. Would be an excellent addition to OKW and Ostheer.
I don't wanna see it. I prefer my Elefant.
17 Feb 2015, 02:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 02:31 AMsteel
I don't wanna see it. I prefer my Elefant.

The Jadgpanther fulfills a different roll than the Elefant.
17 Feb 2015, 02:51 AM

The Jadgpanther fulfills a different roll than the Elefant.

Keep on dreaming.
17 Feb 2015, 02:58 AM

Keep on dreaming.

The Jadgpanther is a much more mobile TD, but has less range. I don't see why both units cannot exist. Especially considering how the Jadgpanther was by and far a bigger used tank in the war than the Elefant.
17 Feb 2015, 03:23 AM

The Jadgpanther is a much more mobile TD, but has less range. I don't see why both units cannot exist. Especially considering how the Jadgpanther was by and far a bigger used tank in the war than the Elefant.

The Jagdpanther would have been more fitting for OKW in the Ardennes...

However, Ostheer Hetzers would be cool, fitting, affordable, and very cost effective. The hype for the fake commander that was posted months before...
17 Feb 2015, 04:04 AM

However, Ostheer Hetzers would be cool, fitting, affordable, and very cost effective. The hype for the fake commander that was posted months before...
How about adjust the StuG back to have higher penetration and smaller AoE? I don't think Hetzers would even be needed once StuG is back to a TD style weapon
17 Feb 2015, 04:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 04:04 AMsteel
How about adjust the StuG back to have higher penetration and smaller AoE? I don't think Hetzers would even be needed once StuG is back to a TD style weapon

Thats if Relic wants to give Ostheer a nondoctrinal effective TD. It still has only 50 range and will get aten by other tank destroyers.

I just want to play Ost without needing to fork over hundreds of fuel for panthers or Tigers just to get tanks that wont be aten by Jacksons and actually be able to fight IS-2's...
17 Feb 2015, 04:27 AM

Far more Jadgpanthers were used on the eastern front then the western one. It makes more sense for Ostheer when they already have a TD hole.
17 Feb 2015, 04:44 AM

I think a Marder 2 or 3 would fill the TD role for Ostheer nicely. I don't think Ostheer units need five men tbh. I think buffing/decreasing costs of the units they have would work fine.
-MG42 needs suppression buff
-panzergrenadiers need buff, not cost decrease, so they aren't spammed, as they were elite units. Making them have slightly higher dps/accuracy than sturmpios should fix them nicely.
-teching needs fuel cost decrease (slight)
-finally, flame HT needs buff/no more T3 tech requirement, and Sturmpanzer IV + panzerwerfer need modifications to be worth it.
This all would make Ostheer, my favorite faction still, much more fn and competitive.
17 Feb 2015, 04:55 AM

Far more Jadgpanthers were used on the eastern front then the western one. It makes more sense for Ostheer when they already have a TD hole.

Actually, use of Jagdpanthers were sporadic, varying per source. The one i found mentioned many of them participated in the Ardennes of the Battle of the Bulge.

I personally am tired of super tanks. They only cause imbalance and are boring to use. They are also the laziest approach to problems and are only liked like a desire, despite suffering constant mechanical issues.

Regardless, if Ostheer actually gets a working TD stug, then it wont need to rely on a doctrinal TD.
17 Feb 2015, 05:06 AM

the stug needs to recieve buffs to make an effective pak on wheels rather than being the useless piece of shit it is now.
17 Feb 2015, 05:47 AM

Honestly, I can't take requests for buffs to the German side until their ridiculous lategame is toned down significantly.

OH has lots of problems I'll admit, but the dominance of that side in the lategame makes me uninterested in seeing any buffs to them for the time being.
Sorry.
17 Feb 2015, 05:47 AM

Actually, use of Jagdpanthers were sporadic, varying per source. The one i found mentioned many of them participated in the Ardennes of the Battle of the Bulge.

I personally am tired of super tanks. They only cause imbalance and are boring to use. They are also the laziest approach to problems and are only liked like a desire, despite suffering constant mechanical issues.

Regardless, if Ostheer actually gets a working TD stug, then it wont need to rely on a doctrinal TD.

Why would a Jadgpanther be a super tank? It's a medium leaning on the heavy side like the regular Panther, with even less AI ability. It would fulfill an excellent role that Ostheer sorely need, while not being as boring and OP as the super heavies.

The Jadgpanther wasn't obviously the most prevalent tank, but it makes more sense to have them in the game than fucking Sturmtigers and IR bullshit.

the stug needs to recieve buffs to make an effective pak on wheels rather than being the useless piece of shit it is now.

The StuG class of tanks are assault guns, it makes more sense for it to be a non-turret PIV than a pak on wheels.
17 Feb 2015, 05:51 AM

Honestly, I can't take requests for buffs to the German side until their ridiculous lategame is toned down significantly.

OH has lots of problems I'll admit, but the dominance of that side in the lategame makes me uninterested in seeing any buffs to them for the time being.
Sorry.

Tbh Ostheer late game isn't actually as good as you think it is, I get the Elefant far more these days than I get a Tiger because a Tiger isn't going to do jack shit against a horde of mediums. A Elefant will constantly be forcing mediums to quit the field or sniping them.
17 Feb 2015, 06:11 AM

Why would a Jadgpanther be a super tank? It's a medium leaning on the heavy side like the regular Panther, with even less AI ability. It would fulfill an excellent role that Ostheer sorely need, while not being as boring and OP as the super heavies.

The Jadgpanther wasn't obviously the most prevalent tank, but it makes more sense to have them in the game than fucking Sturmtigers and IR bullshit.

It has the same gun as the elefant, and as stated it would be slightly more mobile but have less armor. Might as well have an su-100 with slightly more pen and armor than the su-85 (in which i find little point for it to exist)

The StuG class of tanks are assault guns, it makes more sense for it to be a non-turret PIV than a pak on wheels.

The Stug was the most effective German tank of WW2, yet in CoH2 its rarely seen (because of its redundancy and crappiness).

It was mainly used as a tank destroyer (statistics greatly support that), but it tries to be good at attacking infantry while marginally threatening medium tanks, but it does not seem to be good at both, and we can easily see how the same route went for the su-76. Ostheer lacks a cheaper stock tank that can actually combat other tanks at range without being blown to bits. Panther is only an endgame solution.
17 Feb 2015, 06:17 AM

It has the same gun as the elefant, and as stated it would be slightly more mobile but have less armor. Might as well have an su-100 with slightly more pen and armor than the su-85 (in which i find little point for it to exist)

The Stug was the most effective German tank of WW2, yet in CoH2 its rarely seen (because of its redundancy and crappiness).

It was mainly used as a tank destroyer (statistics greatly support that), but it tries to be good at attacking infantry while marginally threatening medium tanks, but it does not seem to be good at both, and we can easily see how the same route went for the su-76. Ostheer lacks a cheaper stock tank that can actually combat other tanks at range without being blown to bits. Panther is only an endgame solution.

It has the same gun as the elefant, but less range and accuracy. Probably with a faster reload and worse armor, there package and ship. The SU-100 should also be in the game, you make an excellent point.

And I agree the StuG should get a nice buff so It can do what it's supposed to to, be an assault gun that is effective against infantry and tanks but lack a turret. The StuG, PIV, and Ostwind getting a buff would go a long way towards making Ostheer T3 much more viable, also bring the Pwerf back to T3.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS