Login

russian armor

Do you think CoH multiplayer will go f2p?

17 Feb 2015, 11:22 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 15:04 PMVonIvan
Maybe in 10 years, when SEGA has enough profits from the amount of DLC spammed throughout the years, so they can do well from "supporting" Relic.
Good thing I've never invested a dime into this game, got WFA and CoH2 for free thanks to several raffles I didn't know I was in. :D
I honestly believe it's worth $5-10 on a decent balance patch month.

So you finally turned, welcome and i told you so.
17 Feb 2015, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2015, 11:22 AMspajn

So you finally turned, welcome and i told you so.

17 Feb 2015, 13:15 PM

It's unbelievable how some people spend time with games they don't like. I have loads of games and would have zero problem going to any of those if I didn't like the one at hand.

+1

and to OP: HELL NO.
There is no such thing as F2P. The companys (99% of them) are BS us.
I never saw i F2P game where idont have to buy anything, as i said, F2P is BIG AZZ BS.
17 Feb 2015, 13:25 PM
Donator 11

I'm not saying all of it would go f2p. Single player content would still cost money, same goes for if you dont want to wait for war spoils and such.

The game already looks like its going to get "war effort" and "supplys" to buy in game items so why does this not sound like a f2p game?

Im not saying it should go f2p but It would help with the competitive scene
17 Feb 2015, 13:45 PM
Benefactor 115

I never saw i F2P game where idont have to buy anything, as i said, F2P is BIG AZZ BS.

That's exactly what f2p is by definition, free base game with microtransactions.
Otherwise it's just freeware, which there's plenty of...
17 Feb 2015, 13:55 PM
Patrion 14

I dont see Steam gaining anything if coh2 goes free 2 play
Steam has nothing to do with it, Relic can make the game free tomorrow if they wanted to.

The point of f2p is to lure in more people to play the free game, including ones who do not want to shell out 40e for the original, and maybe buy a commander or two or skins. Some might even say "huh, I wanna try Ardennes Assault" or something.

Therefore more Steam transactions overall, and more profit to both Relic and steam.
17 Feb 2015, 14:06 PM

+1

Also, free means of no or little value. Why else would it be free.
17 Feb 2015, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2015, 15:04 PMVonIvan
Good thing I've never invested a dime into this game, got WFA and CoH2 for free thanks to several raffles I didn't know I was in. :D

Wow, just wow. The world needs more people like you. Talk about ungratefulness.
17 Feb 2015, 15:38 PM

+1

Well there are some exceptions. I used to play LoL a lot and I can confirm that LoL is 100% F2P, and you can become the best player without spending a buck.
The main issue is developer's greed. Riot games did it right. They have made a fantastic game (I'm not talking about the game being fun or anything, just the mechanics, support, new content etc.) and that's mostly because of the genre they've chosen, so they don't have to rob the customer. They can release new content as long as they are creative. The genre itself has also a huge audience. I've not played DoTA2 but I think that Valve is alo doing it right. Some "casual games" like WoT or War thunder are alo reasonable F2P games.

This can not be said about a game like CoH2. The genre is different, not many people are invested enough in RTS games, and the game itself is not the competitive type (RNG, Awful performance, state of balance etc.) Releasing new content is not very easy for this game either. They might start releasing skins and decals, but at the end they'll end up selling P2W content because even as a F2P game, they are not gonna make a lot of money to keep the things going.

All that being said, I'm OK with the whole F2P thing if done right, but I don't know if they can pull it off. Larger player base is always welcome.
17 Feb 2015, 16:23 PM
Donator 11

Steam has nothing to do with it, Sega can make the game free tomorrow if they wanted to.

Corrected that for you. And that basically means they will never do such a thing.
Ofc the game is designed in a way that makes it possible and easy but not every company wants to do this. Btw the whine on official forums would be enormous if they decided to do such a thing.
17 Feb 2015, 16:42 PM

i hate f2p, it s the scum of the video game industry.

but if you want coh2 to look like warcraft3 from 2003, keep on, you re doing good.
17 Feb 2015, 17:32 PM

For anybody who has heard of Dota2 but not ever played it - I beg you to do it.

If you sat somebody down to play both Dota 2 and then Coh 2 and ask them "Ok - which one of these games was a $60 AAA title and which one was F2P?" - I'm sure 99% will say Dota cost them the $.

Dota 2 is a complete game - I've only picked it up in the last week and there is no feeling whatsoever of paywall or P2W etc - none at all - you have a FULL experience available to you for FREE.

Given the quality of whats out there - F2P Coh2 will struggle just as much as AAA priced Coh 2 does.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★