Login

russian armor

Quick Review of my US vs OKW game

12 Feb 2015, 06:25 AM

I played a game today that I would like some pointers on. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm particularly interested in the last 10 minutes or so.

Basically I got all the units that I wanted without losing anything. 3 Rifles, Lieutenant, M20, Ambulance, Airborne, AT Gun, Major and M5. That was the core group I wanted to work with. It wasn't enough. :(

Here's the link, it's to the rec file that I uploaded to this site.
http://www.coh2.org/file/7289/usvschoi.rec

Thanks!!
12 Feb 2015, 12:19 PM

I'll gladly take a look at the replay when I get home, but just reading your post tells me there might be a strategy problem.

For one thing, your core group doesn't include anything that can handle late-game OKW infantry, nor does it have anything that can handle a Panther or such.

What's more, you say you got a Major, but no units from the Major building?
12 Feb 2015, 15:37 PM

I think you're right, it might be a strategy problem. I was able to kill the first panther with no issues. I think... I may be having trouble remembering already. I did get some T4 units, including what I called the M5. Thanks :)
14 Feb 2015, 16:06 PM

I have watch the replay, its interesting because we're around the same level on 1vs1 (but I stopped playing that mod).
Anyway, Airborn is a good doc but with a real lack of arty and maybe it is what you missed to end the match when you had the advantage.

You played really good early game but you started losing concentration around mid game. You lost 3 scotts and that's probably what made you lose the game. You had the AT power with your Jackson + 2 Atgun, he was only blobbing until he get a new tank (I expected a KT but he build a second panther). So 2 Scotts on the field would have make the deal with his blob.

1-
You probably need to focus more on microing your scotts and jackson because they took too much hits vs his blob.

2-
You forget to flank and open a new front. You knew where were his trucks, and right after killing the panther you needed to take at least one. His T2 was really close to the front line - it is probably what saved him because you didn't attack it.

3-
You need to learn to use smokes. Rifle smoke and Scott smoke. They are great great assets in your hand to manage his blob and launch an attack. A smoke on his Mg34 and you flank him. If you had your 2 scotts it would have been gg. You deal with his blob with Scotts and inf and your atguns firing on his truck.

4-
Lost of concentration, you could have taken faster his first and second panther with a bombing run.
14 Feb 2015, 18:00 PM

Esxilent ;) ;) advise sir! Very much appreciated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★