russian armor

A new solution to the Volksblob Issue

13 Feb 2015, 04:57 AM

Sierra - COH2.ORG Community Member

2013-2015

RIP
13 Feb 2015, 07:29 AM
Donator 33

I would rather have a solution that doesn't make Ostheer and OKW early game pretty much the same. Not to mention the fact that the shrek problem would be even worse since it would be even easier to micro a shrek blob then.

Ostheer and OKW early game will never be the same, not even almost, because of a totally different set of units available.

Blobs are always easy to micro. BUT Sturms are way more expensive than Volks and you'll want to retreat them after they've lost 2 models.

They're definitely not easier to blob than Volks.

Why would anyone blob shrecks anyway? You have Pzfausts and a good AT gun + good AT vehicles.

You'd also have to spend a lot of munitions on Volks for Pzfausts/upgrades. I doubt that you'd have a lot of munitions left for shrecks. In early-mid game at least.
13 Feb 2015, 16:31 PM

Well by giving volks a faust upgrade they basically become slightly more durable grens, and Sturms just become glorified Panzergrens (which we all know how great those are!).

And why would you blob Sturms? I don't know something about the fact Ostheer has the faust and a good AT gun and good AT vehicles but still blows because when dealing with fast mediums mobile AT is the name of the game.

So if you want people to ALWAYS go Panther as Ostheer AND OKW as your end goal I guess that's fine, but it just seems stale and dumb to me that we need to make both axis factions more alike. And unless your giving volks a pretty major AI upgrade with the Pzfaust most people are just going to get shreks off the bat instead to stop the t34/Sherman rush that can be an issue for OKW.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
unknown 8
United States 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak