Login

russian armor

Lend-Lease fuel drop and OKW base AA defences

20 Feb 2015, 18:19 PM

The speed of the Sherman is its advantage. However the fuel drop ability needs some fixing. Coming over a random direction would be better.
25 Feb 2015, 17:56 PM

Allright, I've made some tests.

It looks like Lemon was right - the problem is indeed mostly in Flak HQ.
I've tested it on map that is 1v1 version of Lanzerath Ambush (I don't remember name).

I've noticed strange behavior of AA guns in general.
Sometimes they let plane pass 1/3 of map and only then start firing. No surprise that in this case plane have high chances to reach destination.

But still most of time they start to fire as soon as plane arrives.
No Flak HQ:
7 attempts
got fuel 5 times - 2 times AA started firing with delay (maybe more, because at first I didn't noticed that)
plane crashed 2 times

With Flak HQ positioned in sector next to base sector:
8 attempts
got fuel 2 times - 1 time AA started firing with delay
6 plane crashes

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2015, 18:19 PMNapalm
The speed of the Sherman is its advantage. However the fuel drop ability needs some fixing. Coming over a random direction would be better.

That could be a solution, but this game already have too much random things :)
2 Mar 2015, 16:12 PM

I conducted some further testing myself with 3 Bears last night. In a 4v4 game on the map with the mine field the base defense flak-guns shot down 100% of the planes passing over top. No OKW flak truck required in this case. 5 passes, 100% success rate.
2 Mar 2015, 19:14 PM

What is really dumb is the german luftwaffa supply or whatever drops fuel on their fuel cache on there side of the map and the plane spawns from there side not even giving allies the option to shoot down there plane which makes no sense to me. We would have to push them off there fuel on there side of the map which there obviously going to protect fiercely. However I can usually get the planes through by targeting the drops at the very edges of friendly base territory not to say however that maybe on some maps it might be impossible to get them through with the flak hq positioned in certain spots.
2 Mar 2015, 19:32 PM

I liked the idea of changing base defenses to mg bunkers. No reason one faction should have a different defensive structure at the base territory. Even if the base structures shoot down the plane 1% of the time it is too much.
3 Mar 2015, 03:53 AM

posted this long long ago. please fix relic.
3 Mar 2015, 13:45 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I know that CoH2 doesn't pretend to be historically accurate, but still here is some data that also approves that this just doesn't make any sense:

2cm Flak-30
Effective firing range 2,200 m

As far as I remember appearance of fuel drop plane - it is Li-2.
Lisunov Li-2
Service ceiling 7,350m

I understand the point you are making, however in WW2 you don't do either supply drops or parachute drops from 30,000 feet.

They'll be done well within the ceiling of light flak so there is some chance they will land where they are supposed to
3 Mar 2015, 13:55 PM

I disagree about nerfing the base structures, Skill planes are already bad enough but make base defences even weaker will just make those things batshit OP. Any adjustments should be on the planes flight plan across the map.

Also learn to drop the fuel on the edges of your base sector and not straight through the middle where most AA guns can fire as it flies in.
3 Mar 2015, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 13:55 PMRollo
I disagree about nerfing the base structures, Skill planes are already bad enough but make base defences even weaker will just make those things batshit OP. Any adjustments should be on the planes flight plan across the map.

Also learn to drop the fuel on the edges of your base sector and not straight through the middle where most AA guns can fire as it flies in.

You know this game existed before OKW flack base sturctures right? It was fine back then....

How would nerfing the AA capabilities of the base turrets make them bad again? They still hard counter light vehicles that will try to wipe squads (something the other three factions lack because ya know, they only have mg nests)

You give very poor reasoning to support something that should never of been a problem. OKW should have gotten base bunkers like everyone else.
3 Mar 2015, 14:31 PM

Tried to drop fuel on edge of base sector on 1v1 map, didn't noticed any difference.

Allright, I guess it is my turn now... Learn to get dedicated AA unit?
3 Mar 2015, 15:04 PM

You know this game existed before OKW flack base sturctures right? It was fine back then....

How would nerfing the AA capabilities of the base turrets make them bad again? They still hard counter light vehicles that will try to wipe squads (something the other three factions lack because ya know, they only have mg nests)

You give very poor reasoning to support something that should never of been a problem. OKW should have gotten base bunkers like everyone else.

My problem is Skill planes and the fact they can Auto chase your armour across the map, I think you will find P-47's never existed before OKW either and AA base defences are a necessary counter to that to stop you being base raped as you repair.

Tried to drop fuel on edge of base sector on 1v1 map, didn't noticed any difference.

Allright, I guess it is my turn now... Learn to get dedicated AA unit?

Look through the FoW and look for the little round patches of dirt, and place the marker so the spawn will be as far away as possible. If you're in a teamgame place it mirroring the side of a OH players base and you won't lose a single plane.

Not sure if you're serious about building T2 and getting a Flak track to counter skill planes in 1vs1, but I doubt you play competitive gamemodes anyway like 90% of all other OKW moaners.
3 Mar 2015, 15:40 PM

I think the base aa should be removed Why?For example:1 you can't charge into the enemy base with light vehicles
2. a grenade decrews it and it can be used against the other player(troops with smoke and grenade are good for this).
3.the germans already have a lot of aa units
3 Mar 2015, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 15:04 PMRollo
My problem is Skill planes and the fact they can Auto chase your armour across the map, I think you will find P-47's never existed before OKW either and AA base defences are a necessary counter to that to stop you being base raped as you repair.

Necessary counter? So your vehicles could be totally unopposed when playing against USF? Yeah.
I suggest introduction of M1 Abrams for USF as a NECESSARY COUNTER to OKW units.

Every other faction has to get dedicated AA unit or concentrate vehicles with pintle machine guns in order to counter air abilities. Why OKW should be different?

Look through the FoW and look for the little round patches of dirt, and place the marker so the spawn will be as far away as possible.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to do so until OKW base AA defences will be removed.

If you're in a teamgame place it mirroring the side of a OH players base and you won't lose a single plane.

Basically, you're saying that Wermacht base defences is fine, while OKW desire to be nerfed.

Not sure if you're serious about building T2 and getting a Flak track to counter skill planes in 1vs1

Absolutely serious.
Just like I have to downtech T2 to get AT gun if I decided to go T1 first as soviets.
Going T2 as OKW have it's own advantage in giving you access to AA defences. If you're not going T2 or not buiding Flak HT - pay consequences.

but I doubt you play competitive gamemodes anyway like 90% of all other OKW moaners.

Nice try.
1) Hitler was developing german education system.
2) Hitler was a bad man.
3) Education is bad.

Next time try to counter my arguments with yours, not with evading actual topic by attacking my preferences in game modes.
3 Mar 2015, 18:17 PM
Patrion 14

you mean like CAS or JU87 AT Strafe skill planez? i agree.
6 Mar 2015, 00:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well, not entirely. I still want it to be much easier for Soviets to get their Halftrack, even if Assault Support's Strafing Run ain't broken anymore.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 35
Mexico 20
unknown 16
Germany 762
New Zealand 10
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W