Login

russian armor

How to play as OKW atm

10 Feb 2015, 20:33 PM

Yo guys,

there was a time, 3 or months ago i was rank 500 in 1v1 with okw, then i tested USF and it was quite nice and i had a lot of fun. The last few days i wanted to come back to okw again but unfortunaley it was a complete desaster ;(

i lost every game... i dont know i did wrong -.- just tell me your build order and tactics, strats and tricks, so i can improve myself :D
10 Feb 2015, 20:53 PM

Push truck + 4 volks quick t3 with flakhalftrack than obers and adapt vs tanks by getting more shrek or pak 43 or panthe, puma...
11 Feb 2015, 07:25 AM
Patrion 14

Almost as VIPUKS said. Most rewarding probably is following build order:

1. OKW truck push to win first and maybe second engagement.
2. 2 Volks and Kübel / 3 Volks
3. Mechanized + Flak HT
4. Get a 4th. Volk + equip Panzerschreck if needed
5. Get one or two MG34, depends on map
6. Place Schwerer HQ near fuel / medic
7. Obersoldat
8. PaK 43
9. Place Schwerer HQ near fuel / medic
10.Stall for KT
11.Moar Obers/Volks if needed
11 Feb 2015, 12:15 PM

10.Stall for KT
are you sure about that ? And how about transmissions to fuel/ammo ?
11 Feb 2015, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 12:15 PMUrmel

I usually start the transmission whenever I need it.
When there is no tank on the field and/or my Volks are equipped with Panzerschrecks, I start transmission to fuel.
When I have a hard time getting ammu (or PS), I'll transfer fuel->ammu, just depending on what the opponent is building.

But I am maybe not skillful enough to give you any advise
11 Feb 2015, 12:41 PM
Benefactor 115

I usually rush Mechanized/convert to fuel/get flak aa/convert to ammo for 2-3 shreks.
Then go T3/Panther if I'm winning or T1/Pak43 if I need to turtle.
Falls are good if you are floating MP while you wait fo Obers
11 Feb 2015, 12:55 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2015, 12:15 PMUrmel

I usually convert to fuel when i have 1 or 2 shrecks and leave it like that the whole game :D

Pak 43 next to the Flak HQ makes it inaccessible for infantry and almost undestroyable by tanks (only with a proper flank, but ofc you can protect your Pak 43 with Panzershrecks.)
Almost only counter here is the 120, Katyusha, and other kinds of on/off map artillery.

I build the PaK 43 mostly around the 10 minute mark, but only if t3/mayor has already been built.
If you can keep your fuel for most of the game and mybe harass your oponents fuel, you should be able to get the KT out by the 20/21 min mark. (Including previous built of Flak HT).
13 Feb 2015, 16:19 PM

Or a good one with fortification is:

3 volks
Medic/upgrade retreat point
double mg (or you can save some mp and get ISG and one mg)
(or sometimes on some maps I prefer 1 more volks and 1 less mg)
Panzer hq near cuttoff/fuel
Shreck/rocketen depends on the game
double ober
Panther (most of the times)/pak43 if u need
Mechanized
Stall for KT/more volks or obers if needed
(using bunkers/S-mines at keypoints would help)
(it's always nice to S-mine ur opponent's cutoff if u can on certain maps)

P.S. I like not to upgrade shrecks and float ammo(or throw nades) and upgrade shrecks as soon as I see armor in case you lose a shreck-upgraded squad, mostly because there are a lot of inf encounter at the first 10 mins in which allies have the upper hand with their stronger infantry
18 Feb 2015, 20:06 PM
Patrion 310

The primary reason to go T3-T4-T2 or T3-T4 (using med. supplies from SPs or allied healing in team games) is that OKW can play both reactive and proactive. With T2-T4 it's usual either luchs or panther rush which are predictable. Good soviet and USF players have adapted very well to both openings.

But with T3-T4 play OKW have more options and potentially less predictable;

1) If OKW see soviet or USF T1, go AA HT then obers. Vs USF non-airborne player its usual safe to place flak HQ aggressively since USF wont have any at guns sniping flak HQ and no good USF player will get a tank destroyer first.
2) If OKW see con spam into T70/T34 rush, go obers then puma. Obers max range has 3x times more dps than cons so here OKW dont need AA HT which only delay obers. Puma stay behind the lines to kite soviet T3 armor at range while obers/volks rape cons at max range. Puma can also scare away flanking shocks which are popular with cons spam.
3) If OKW see Guard motor (no tech) with 120mm mortar spam (which WILL kill OKW trucks or bleed to much manpower) get obers then stuka to counter arty
4) If OKW see pure con spam (no tech), OKW can safely save all fuel and get KT + pak43 out at around the same time to deal with the first wave of "call in" spam. Alternative, good panther micro works as well which have pintle mounted MGs which when stationary are pretty good at killing cons. Cons spam can AT nade all OKW armor to death except Panther/KT.

The list goes on, but the power of T3-T4 is that it can do well against any allied strategy. A Panther or luchs rush with the med truck can potentially still be powerful in the meta game, but imo its more a tournament build which you do maybe one time in BO3/BO5 to mess with your opponent.
19 Feb 2015, 16:29 PM

A lot of suggestions for pak43 here, id love to see some good replays with it. Ive always found it to be too short range.

19 Feb 2015, 17:34 PM
Patrion 14

Having some success with the following:
kubel
4 volks
infinite fussiliers
med truck
(optional infantry support gun, as OKW you're floating MP anyway) Jagdpanzer IV
moar infinite fusiliers
repair truck
fuel to muni for infinite g43s, nades, mines and arti

Not sure who invented this build but I saw it somewhere on this forum a couple of days ago and it works quite well. The beauty of it is that a well microed Jagdpanzer + optionally a couple of schreks provides all the AT you'll ever need, and fussiliers with G43s actually even own shocks when they get enough vet.
19 Feb 2015, 17:45 PM

4/5 Volks into Med truck. (if you're floating mp and really getting pushed around vs, shocks for instance plop a leig down)
Flak HQ - luchs + an ober squad + panther.
20 Feb 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2015, 17:34 PMCptEend
Having some success with the following:
kubel
4 volks
infinite fussiliers
med truck
(optional infantry support gun, as OKW you're floating MP anyway) Jagdpanzer IV
moar infinite fusiliers
repair truck
fuel to muni for infinite g43s, nades, mines and arti

Thats a great build, I will.definitely use it. I love any German build that focuses on muni investments rather than rushing armour ASAP. Gives German factions much more bite early on.

I also think people overlook the JP4 far too often. Given it comes in the medic truck its a steal. Just support it and your golden.

Also as well as the shrek grens, your also gaining access to fussies faust. It may not be the best, but its better than nothing and means all your inf carries a vehicle deterrent improving the utility of the JP4.
20 Feb 2015, 13:21 PM

4 volks
BattlegroupHQ on opponents cutoff
4volks
Panzer4 callin (elite armor doc)
Sturm
Rakketten

20 Feb 2015, 14:05 PM
Patrion 14

^Soviet T2/heavy mortar would crush that build
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10