57%
Should scrap yard be closely moderated?
YesNo
Option Distribution Votes
23%
77%
Total votes: 27 (Locked)
7 Feb 2015, 21:00 PM

I don't know exactly when this happened since I don't browse nearly as much as I did about a year ago but in the past 2 months every time I come here there are posts being deleted and threads locked left and right. Several times I was replying to a topic and couldn't submit post just because a mod got tired of reading it. And a few times a made a thread (usually in the scrap yard) and a couple of times it got locked and half the posts gone when I get back on the night because of trolling or something. Its getting pretty ridiculous compared to the initial lax moderating on this site for first 6-12 months. Its like a bunch of cops at the end of the month writing petty speed tickets to meet the quota. Now if there is excessive flaming, racism, cheat accusations, or something along those lines then I could understand. But from what I've seen lately that only accounts for about 50% of the moderating. It was more lax at GR.org, no lie (lol).

1) Stop locking threads mid discussion. When they are dead they will do so without your intervention.
2) Scrap yard is for junk. Unless its extreme flaming, tone it down.
3) Where is the button to report misuse of mod powers?

This thread is probably just going to be a martyr for the cause and be senselessly locked anyway, for questioning the almighty internet authorities.
7 Feb 2015, 21:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Sorry you feel that way, however I think the mods do a fine job especially considering that they are working on a WW2 board devoted to a video games which is like the perfect storm of internet dipshittery.
7 Feb 2015, 21:41 PM

I agree with everything Basilone says. Moderators seem to be on a locking/deleting spree that's very much reminiscent of police officers issuing speed tickets just so they can make the Quota. Even topics and posts in the Scrap Yard get deleted which shouldn't be happening since it's called the Scrap Yard; if they don't want people to discuss politics and etc, why create the sub-forum?

Moderators should be moderating people who make racist and sexist remarks, severe flaming or anything that's illegal; don't moderate people when a conversation gets a little heated or it'll just make you look bad.

No way to report Moderator abuse is also a problem. You have to pray to the RNG gods that an Administrator actually takes the time to look into the allegation, otherwise you're screwed.
7 Feb 2015, 21:45 PM

Moderation is fine.
7 Feb 2015, 22:04 PM

They don't moderate too much. Otherwise threads would be derailed even faster (e.g. in every other balance thread about non-Obersoldaten-stuff sooner or later the answer "but Obersoldaten" derails the thread :D ) and threads about the same issue would be mindlessly spammed ;)
7 Feb 2015, 23:56 PM

They don't moderate too much. Otherwise threads would be derailed even faster (e.g. in every other balance thread about non-Obersoldaten-stuff sooner or later the answer "but Obersoldaten" derails the thread :D ) and threads about the same issue would be mindlessly spammed ;)
Balance discussion has been the "sewer" for years because everyone that has played 10 online games thinks their opinion is valid. Balance discussion, with or without moderation, will always be a clusterfuck. I'm talking about general forum post, whether it be an appeal to Relic, a debate over chat filter, off-topic posts, etc.
8 Feb 2015, 00:00 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Sorry, Basilone. You're ex-staff and you should know we don't go down this route - otherwise anarchy prevails :)

PM me, or another Admin,if you have concerns
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 17

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment