Login

russian armor

"Blobbing"

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
20 Feb 2015, 18:17 PM
Donator 11

Blobbing is part of the game? Ok, let's just remove the cover system, buildings, armor, and just blob because it's not what an idiot would do.
20 Feb 2015, 18:18 PM
Donator 11

This is such a flame thread. Blobbing isn't supposed to be part of Coh and hopefully you caught all the sarcasm.
21 Feb 2015, 17:05 PM

This is such a flame thread. Blobbing isn't supposed to be part of Coh and hopefully you caught all the sarcasm.

It's not a flame thread. Next time you write something derogatory about your enemy because he/she is moving a bunch of units around, hopefully you will stop and think "oh wait, what a scrub I'm being" and cease that. All thanks to this thread.
21 Feb 2015, 17:33 PM

I used to position tactically and used combined arms, until I realised that blobbing my volks/cons/rifles rape everything on the map, so much for this Relic :P

It's just lame to play with or against and extremly hard to counter thanks to the bad balance and maps...but the era of easy-wins by blobbing is here.
21 Feb 2015, 17:38 PM
Coder Red Badge

There's nothing inherently wrong with blobbing, it's just that in a game like CoH2 where, even more than CoH1, your unit control is the primary means of differentiating yourself from other players, good unit control needs to be rewarded more than bad unit control. Blobbing is fine, but it shouldn't be the best option; it's easy to do, so it should be weaker than using proper positioning, which is harder to do.

The best example I can give is Grenspam in CoH1. It was powerful because it was easy to do, but it was weak against American players who knew what they were doing. It was also stronger in the hands of a player who knew how to position properly rather than a player who just blobbed.

I can't speak to the situation in CoH2, but that's the sort of dynamic that should be targeted.
21 Feb 2015, 17:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2015, 17:38 PMInverse
There's nothing inherently wrong with blobbing.......... Blobbing is fine, but it shouldn't be the best option; it's easy to do, so it should be weaker than using proper positioning, which is harder to do.

The best example I can give is Grenspam in CoH1. It was powerful because it was easy to do, but it was weak against American players who knew what they were doing. It was also stronger in the hands of a player who knew how to position properly rather than a player who just blobbed.

And Brit blobs? You forgot the Brit Blobs...:o

I can't speak to the situation in CoH2, but that's the sort of dynamic that should be targeted.

No Brit blobs in CoH2. :) No Bren-in-Bren in CoH2. :) No 'Roos in CoH2 :clap: - your loyal memory lapse about Roos is excusable on this point :)
21 Feb 2015, 18:06 PM

With the Brits coming in soon we may finally see the return of the Brit Blob, but this time in a world were the MG42/34 can't suppress large mobs and Axis indirect fire is nonexistent :foreveralone:
21 Feb 2015, 18:20 PM
Coder Red Badge

I was giving an example of a good dynamic between blob effectiveness and positional strength. Brits were awful, yet many of their design elements are present in CoH2 factions. Quite unfortunate.
21 Feb 2015, 18:45 PM

Well the awful part is that you can't counter it, if Axis had some more effective blob counters behind "make big tank" then we would probably see less of this "try and spam infantry faster then they can" shit.
21 Feb 2015, 23:12 PM
Donator 11

Actually HMG should counter blobs by supressing em, but it does not work at all on OKW blobs as Obers clear out HMG team before it starts to shoot. You roll M3 flames/T34 at obers and volk shreks just pulverise it. Its just pang and everything is gone.

Soviets have only two units which work: shocks and Stalin

Coh2 devs can basicly remove everything else in COH2. Make coh2 a funny f2p click-click blob blob game which suits everyone at a coffee break. Playable from an android phone. Click click a-move blob, done.
21 Feb 2015, 23:39 PM

Blobbing is more of an exploit than a tactic in a game such as COH that is supposed to be designed around combined arms, cover, flanking, and a touch of realism.
22 Feb 2015, 01:30 AM

Q4 2015, Relic Entertainment and SEGA are excited to announce....
CoH: Tactics.

Play CoH everywhere you go with the new mobile RTS based on the highest rated strategy game of all time! Never a dull moment as each player starts with a 4 heavy tanks and a ball of infantry! Tilt your phone in the direction you want your blob army to move! Remember to use cover! Preorder now for the ~*exclusive*~ German V1 rocket Commander and the Allied Fat Man/Little Boy nuke pack!

edit: marketing dept. addendum
22 Feb 2015, 03:35 AM
Patrion 28

i have an addendum to make.

"Relic Entertainment and SEGA are excited to announce"
22 Feb 2015, 10:28 AM
Donator 11

Q4 2015, Relic Entertainment and SEGA are excited to announce....
CoH: Tactics.

Play CoH everywhere you go with the new mobile RTS based on the highest rated strategy game of all time! Never a dull moment as each player starts with a 4 heavy tanks and a ball of infantry! Tilt your phone in the direction you want your blob army to move! Remember to use cover! Preorder now for the ~*exclusive*~ German V1 rocket Commander and the Allied Fat Man/Little Boy nuke pack!

edit: marketing dept. addendum

Yeah, its that direction coh2 is going.

COH2 could also became an animated card collectible as well with gameplay like this:

SU vs OKW 1 v 1:
play T1 card
play volks
play M3 card
play volks
play two penals cards
play volks
play flamer card
OKW surrenders
SU wins!
22 Feb 2015, 11:14 AM

And Brit blobs? You forgot the Brit Blobs...:o

No Brit blobs in CoH2. :) No Bren-in-Bren in CoH2. :) No 'Roos in CoH2 :clap: - your loyal memory lapse about Roos is excusable on this point :)

Brit blob is easy to handle because MG42 and snipers did their job well, all you need to stalling 4 CP and drop a Firestorm at his truck when forcing them retreat. :)
28 Feb 2015, 23:34 PM

The best way to deal with blobbing would be to implement morale as a core mechanic of the game. I don't see the gameplay changing until such a system is introduced.
1 Mar 2015, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2015, 11:14 AMPorygon

Brit blob is easy to handle because MG42 and snipers did their job well, all you need to stalling 4 CP and drop a Firestorm at his truck when forcing them retreat. :)

on the assumption that flamer pios a HT and a shreck didn't get your truck first.
1 Mar 2015, 00:13 AM

I tried with friend tactical 2v2.
I mean, mg here and there, 2 squads attack frontally, 2 flanking etc etc... We got rekt countless times by Axis blobs running around whole map from point to point.
There is no place for tactic here. Sad thing...
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS