Login

russian armor

USF vs OKW

2 Feb 2015, 19:31 PM

To elaborate: At 110 fuel the Sherman doesn't really do much AT wise, and thus is almost always used for AI. But this just means you are much better off getting a Scott, a dedicated AI tank, for 80 fuel.
2 Feb 2015, 19:35 PM
Patrion 14

In The End everything you try to do against OKW as USF will leave you feeling Numb and Faint. i think i've found Somewhere I Belong by simply playing with SOV.

i am With You on this one Katitof. Nobody's Listening at Relic and i have Given Up trying to Break The Habit of beating OKW lategame with USF. it is simply Easier to Run and find a Place For My Head.

:clap:

That was brilliant :D
2 Feb 2015, 19:47 PM

To elaborate: At 110 fuel the Sherman doesn't really do much AT wise, and thus is almost always used for AI. But this just means you are much better off getting a Scott, a dedicated AI tank, for 80 fuel.

Until the 4-6 Second Random game freeze happens causing you to lose your Paper Scott. For this reason I prefer having 640 HPs in my HP pool.
2 Feb 2015, 19:48 PM

Until the 4-6 random game freeze happens causing you to lose your Paper Sherman. For this reason I prefer a tank that works best when ~not~ sat at the front lines were it can die to shreks.
2 Feb 2015, 20:02 PM

Until the 4-6 random game freeze happens causing you to lose your Paper Sherman. For this reason I prefer a tank that works best when ~not~ sat at the front lines were it can die to shreks.

I have personally never lost a Sherman to Game Freezes. I have however lost many a Scott and Jack. Your welcome to your own opinion. I prefer the Sherman. As do alot of others.
2 Feb 2015, 22:15 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lately,Infantry company+ Captain Tech has been really good for me(Had a 6 Game win streak which included mostly games against good OKW players)which is a personal best as USF.

This build is balanced throughout all stages off the game so you're never feeling too in control but never in a position where you're getting blasted. You winning or losing depends on how well you play and your micro skills.

4 Rifles, or 2 RE's 4 rifles if its a 2v2 size map. With this you wont lose to:4 Volks Spam,or kubel rush. You can get good map control as long as you control your rifles properly.

Skip LT. The m1919s will provide all the suppression and firepower you need for anti infantry, and will be useful all game,(unlike everything in the LT tier besides m20) and even blob control once you start getting double M1919s,IF YOU CONTROL your rifles properly (dont just spam Defensive stance,be clever.)

If he goes MG34 heavy,Nades. hell id get nades anyway. When theres a bunch of engagements going on around the map, Nades are a good way to...Idk...get distance between two evenly matched players.

Pop a nade using hotkeys and shift all around the map... and wipe a squad when he's not even looking or paying good enough attention. Easy way to win a game against someone with bad overall micro.

VonIvan and Ihitto did this to me when i played against them. relatively even games until squads start disapearing because you cant keep up with all the action. NADES ARE AWESOME. Works both ways and with all factions.

If he goes for AA HT,Puma,whatever,Captain Tier will counter/nullify this IF YOU PLAY IT RIGHT

Your rifles should be beat up pretty bad at this point.and a flak truck is probably coming. Get some meds,Equip them with M1919s,start major tech, and KICK OKW ASS. You wont be vulernable to a Luchs either unless hes a God at micro'ing it,since u have AT guns and Captain,and most likely vetted rifles if you did your job early.

From here you can get a pak howie if your doing good on manpower.

Once your major is ready,No sherman...
No scott...

You have double m1919 rifles..Plenty of AI for now....what Obers manage to hit the field will struggle if you use defensive stance cleverly.

Get a jackson,and speed it up with Captain. and HUNT for that forward flak truck and siege it with your AT gun,1919's and jackson. It will take 10-25 secs to wipe ANY HQ. Literally.

No panther, No more Obers....from there...feast on his crappy shrek volks and sturm which will have NOTHING on vetted m1919 rifles. Period. They will get absoulutely pummelled at every turn. If you for some reason dont destroy HQ before panther comes,then get a second jackson.

If you destroy it...get a sherman and have a fun time.

This is essentially GG. Theres no way for you to lose...IF YOU outplayed the OKW player then you won. If hes smarter and more reactant, then you lost.

6 in a row and 7 of my last 8 doing this...i actually struggle more against high ranked ost players now if anything.
3 Feb 2015, 00:00 AM

Pop a nade using hotkeys and shift all around the map...

Not sure what you mean here. Pop a nade with hot keys then Shift Click movement around the map? Or Toss nades with the Hotkey button while your moving your squads all around the map?

And this sounds interesting got a replay?
3 Feb 2015, 00:14 AM

The sherman is a POS that will die to a well microed gang of volk shreks every time. I would much rather have something doing consistent squad wipes like a Scott rather than something that is basically useless as AT, and it's AI ability is extremely RNG based.
except Stuarts are useless without support. Atleast Shermans can hold the line while the infantry is reinforcing. And even the smallest mistake with the Stuarts will get them wiped in a blink of the eye.
3 Feb 2015, 00:23 AM
Donator 11

If you dont overrun OKW player in the first 10 min, you are done
3 Feb 2015, 00:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Not sure what you mean here. Pop a nade with hot keys then Shift Click movement around the map? Or Toss nades with the Hotkey button while your moving your squads all around the map?

And this sounds interesting got a replay?

you gotta initiate multiple engagements with all your rifles then throw a nade at each engagement. Unless he's Jesulin or something hes gonna struggle keeping up

replay of me doing this

Propaganda cast a couple days ago with similar strat minus Stuart

3 Feb 2015, 01:20 AM

M8 ASAP. Spam canister shot on his shrek squads, and his obers when they come out. Watch him rage over how OP Cansiter is.
3 Feb 2015, 02:03 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

M8 ASAP. Spam canister shot on his shrek squads, and his obers when they come out. Watch him rage over how OP Cansiter is.

Doesnt puma come out at the same time?
3 Feb 2015, 02:50 AM

except Stuarts are useless without support. Atleast Shermans can hold the line while the infantry is reinforcing. And even the smallest mistake with the Stuarts will get them wiped in a blink of the eye.

I said Scott, not Stuart.
3 Feb 2015, 08:42 AM

Doesnt puma come out at the same time?

It does but most OKW players will choose rage and quit instead of changing their own meta (volks+obers+panther) and go for Puma.
3 Feb 2015, 09:05 AM

Lately,Infantry company+ Captain Tech has been really good for me(Had a 6 Game win streak which included mostly games against good OKW players)which is a personal best as USF.

This build is balanced throughout all stages off the game so you're never feeling too in control but never in a position where you're getting blasted. You winning or losing depends on how well you play and your micro skills.

4 Rifles, or 2 RE's 4 rifles if its a 2v2 size map. With this you wont lose to:4 Volks Spam,or kubel rush. You can get good map control as long as you control your rifles properly.

Skip LT. The m1919s will provide all the suppression and firepower you need for anti infantry, and will be useful all game,(unlike everything in the LT tier besides m20) and even blob control once you start getting double M1919s,IF YOU CONTROL your rifles properly (dont just spam Defensive stance,be clever.)

If he goes MG34 heavy,Nades. hell id get nades anyway. When theres a bunch of engagements going on around the map, Nades are a good way to...Idk...get distance between two evenly matched players.

Pop a nade using hotkeys and shift all around the map... and wipe a squad when he's not even looking or paying good enough attention. Easy way to win a game against someone with bad overall micro.

VonIvan and Ihitto did this to me when i played against them. relatively even games until squads start disapearing because you cant keep up with all the action. NADES ARE AWESOME. Works both ways and with all factions.

If he goes for AA HT,Puma,whatever,Captain Tier will counter/nullify this IF YOU PLAY IT RIGHT

Your rifles should be beat up pretty bad at this point.and a flak truck is probably coming. Get some meds,Equip them with M1919s,start major tech, and KICK OKW ASS. You wont be vulernable to a Luchs either unless hes a God at micro'ing it,since u have AT guns and Captain,and most likely vetted rifles if you did your job early.

From here you can get a pak howie if your doing good on manpower.

Once your major is ready,No sherman...
No scott...

You have double m1919 rifles..Plenty of AI for now....what Obers manage to hit the field will struggle if you use defensive stance cleverly.

Get a jackson,and speed it up with Captain. and HUNT for that forward flak truck and siege it with your AT gun,1919's and jackson. It will take 10-25 secs to wipe ANY HQ. Literally.

No panther, No more Obers....from there...feast on his crappy shrek volks and sturm which will have NOTHING on vetted m1919 rifles. Period. They will get absoulutely pummelled at every turn. If you for some reason dont destroy HQ before panther comes,then get a second jackson.

If you destroy it...get a sherman and have a fun time.

This is essentially GG. Theres no way for you to lose...IF YOU outplayed the OKW player then you won. If hes smarter and more reactant, then you lost.

6 in a row and 7 of my last 8 doing this...i actually struggle more against high ranked ost players now if anything.

Ya know, lately i was experimenting just what you said here (or anyway, the bigest part). Getting jacksons instead of anything else. But instead 1919s I used regular BARed infantry. And hand grenades of course. Directly teching to captain, ignoring Lt, what you just described. Maybe it's childish, but I built several pathfinders. 2-3 pathfinder blobed squads do a surprising damage to any enemy infantry. Currently, exept for the thing that they can't be spammed from houses and used properly I think they are as good as JLIs at killing infantry. I should give it a try with that 1919 thing though i hate that doctrine because: priest is highly inaccurate and slow, 1919 rifle squad is so vulnerable in front of ostheer rifle nades and balistics, USF mortar Ht is shitty as hell, and so on.
3 Feb 2015, 11:58 AM

Ya know, lately i was experimenting just what you said here (or anyway, the bigest part). Getting jacksons instead of anything else. But instead 1919s I used regular BARed infantry. And hand grenades of course. Directly teching to captain, ignoring Lt, what you just described. Maybe it's childish, but I built several pathfinders. 2-3 pathfinder blobed squads do a surprising damage to any enemy infantry. Currently, exept for the thing that they can't be spammed from houses and used properly I think they are as good as JLIs at killing infantry. I should give it a try with that 1919 thing though i hate that doctrine because: priest is highly inaccurate and slow, 1919 rifle squad is so vulnerable in front of ostheer rifle nades and balistics, USF mortar Ht is shitty as hell, and so on.

I love the inf doctrine. LMG's give decent firepower (although it does take time for the dps to come in), Priest is amazing, Mortar halftrack sucks, Field defenses are always nice to have (spontaneous sandbags) and the arty strike is the okw - truck - to - half - health - buster.
3 Feb 2015, 15:22 PM
Donator 11

I love the inf doctrine. LMG's give decent firepower (although it does take time for the dps to come in), Priest is amazing, Mortar halftrack sucks, Field defenses are always nice to have (spontaneous sandbags) and the arty strike is the okw - truck - to - half - health - buster.

Calling in a priest is like giving panther a free exp to gain vet
3 Feb 2015, 16:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's why you go Jackson + Jackson then Sherman's.
THEN only go priest if u see pak 43. and don't crutch on LT for success against infantry
with USF. Go captain and counter Panther and everything else OKE can field (they have no AI medium armor that can own you unless he simply outplays you)
M1919s are plenty of AI IF you play it good

@johnny I wouldn't use That many pathfinders unless it's 3v3 or something... But I might try that for 1v1

Infantry company is for OKw Not Ost.

4 Feb 2015, 01:17 AM

I said Scott, not Stuart.
I meant scott. Scotts need things to spot for them. Shermans can harass and stuff on their own.
5 Feb 2015, 23:11 PM
Donator 11

I think shermans should come with American Industry ability
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment