Login

russian armor

Any use for Breakthrough doctrine and Panzerfüsiliers?

30 Jan 2015, 22:59 PM

Lets look at this doctrine:
CP0:Breakthrough tactics. Pretty niche ability specially in early game, but in late game can give advantage in big attacks. Capture enemy cutoff rapidly, or capture that victory point before you bleed to death.
CP1: BlobSturmofficer. Pretty decent unit buffing your infantry, if you can micro it well and avoid force retreats.
CP2: Panzerfüsiliers, look below.
CP12: Assault artillery: I kinda like this artillery barrage, because it targets the whole sector and gives smoke cover. But it is very expensive and so easy to dodge.
CP13: Jagdtiger: I have mixed feelings about this unit. This used to be epic OP BS unit shooting through buildings all the time. It is still good, but it cant kill infantry. I feel it is much safer to buy a KT insted. The barrage ability is kinda crappy and expensive. Piercing shot OK.

I rarely see Panzerfüsiliers built. They need G43, otherwise they are pretty meh. But OKW ammo in early game must be used to panzerschrecks, because raketen is so crappy. Their flare is kinda meh, but can be good with stuka. Their grenade model 24 is kinda bad. AT grenade sometimes is handy, but it is bugged as hell like USA at nade. And when you can finally afford G43s to your panzerfusiliers, if you have bought 4 schrecks
like OKW normally does and then lay some mines, you are able to buy Obersoldaten, which spawn with free LMGs. The biggest problem in this commander is, that it needs so much munitions to be effective.

And this commander havent got MG34 and pak43, the safest okw meta..
31 Jan 2015, 03:46 AM

Füsiliere work really nice against ie. Soviet T1 builds as they softcounter snipers with their sight, large squad size and long range dps. Of course if your opponent is Molo and goes mass flamercars this doesnt apply and you will need your Schreck indeed, but you will also need double early Raks. ;)Also, if you manage to vet them past Vet3, they can stand up reasonably even to LMG paras.

JT is superb against Jacksons, all Soviet heavies and T4. It definetly has a place in the game.
31 Jan 2015, 05:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Panzerfusiliers are also nice as cheap and relatively expendable units you can send to cap and take points in late game, that they are call in helps for that too.

The Artillery looks impressive, I'm not sure it does that much damage however
31 Jan 2015, 11:01 AM

In open map panzerf. is good unit. sturmoffizier and 3 squad of panzerfusilier with g43 and veterancy kill all infantry unit.
sometimes i don't take ober.

In early game i take one or two schreck and save munition for g43 or try take only one schreck and one rack43 and invest all ammo in g43. often i open with meqhq and i go fast puma to counter light vehicle and first tank while use all munition to g43.

Jagdtiger. mm i never take in 1v1, only in team game. but in 2v2 i think it's better a kingtiger
1 Feb 2015, 02:04 AM

you shouldnt get more than 2 pfusiliers. use them as scouts and use their flares to spot for artillery
1 Feb 2015, 02:24 AM

Panzer fusiliers are one of the cost effective rifle infantry in the game even exceeding regular grens . also their g43 upgrade is better then the grens and im not talking about the extra g43 and vision but that the g43 of the pzf (while having slightly less damage then gren g43) does a better job at increasing the damage then the gren g43.

also the JT's barrage ability is as powerful as a isu152 HE attack i beleive
14 Dec 2016, 01:49 AM

Fusiliers are also indirectly getting buffed in the coming patch since allied infantry are getting nerfed. As the doctrine itself stands now though, you already have a huge infantry advantage as is. It has underrated abilities like the actual breakthrough one when focused on using it well can deny half of the map the whole game. The officers focus target ability wins games and the JT's barrage ability is dope. Maybe less practical in 1v1, but 2v2 it's going to be one of the most used commanders post patch imo

Edit: My bad for necro. Meant to post this in recent thread: https://www.coh2.org/topic/58041/i-weep-for-panzerfusiliers
14 Dec 2016, 03:06 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

A strat that paula has been running is actually blobbing fusi's, their vet is insane and their damage output is absurd. The way that he does this is he opens with 2-3 kubels then another sturmpioneer into battlegroup, it is extremely effective if you have the vehicle mirco, as you don't bleed mp if you don't lose kubels and you can contest the map and in turn bleed the enemy.

He did this to me on stream a few weeks back, its biggest draw back is, most obviously, suppression. However the kubels will eat a maxim or vickers if properly micro, so you still have to be wary.

Most likely breakthrough with all the nerfs to allied infantry, they will see even more play, but I am only going off what I have done myself and what I have seen paula do.
14 Dec 2016, 03:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2015, 02:24 AMJaigen
Panzer fusiliers are one of the cost effective rifle infantry in the game even exceeding regular grens . also their g43 upgrade is better then the grens and im not talking about the extra g43 and vision but that the g43 of the pzf (while having slightly less damage then gren g43) does a better job at increasing the damage then the gren g43.
also the JT's barrage ability is as powerful as a isu152 HE attack i beleive

+1 on this
Onces PzF get vet 5 they get sprint, and combined with kubel+breakthru, there goes half the map in 2 minutes.

As 4v4 primary player, that Jagh makes short work of everything.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS