Login

russian armor

M8 Greyhound Canister shot is extremely OP

28 Jan 2015, 14:23 PM

M8 canister shot can instakill multiple infantry squads with a single shot. It is really OP i think. It can even wipe out 5 men from a building with a single shot...

Please check this video, so you can see what i mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8fme1ncWAU
28 Jan 2015, 14:29 PM

Please, tell us how it should work.
28 Jan 2015, 14:30 PM

does anyone even care anymore? :P
28 Jan 2015, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 14:29 PMJawohl?
Please, tell us how it should work.

80 damage on main gun + ability, remove crit from ability and reduce cost slightly = M8 performs consistently against infantry and light vehicles and doesn't RNG squad wipe.

FYI, 80 damage is the same as the Stuart, which uses the same gun IRL.

That would balance the M8. No problem.
28 Jan 2015, 14:34 PM
Donator 33

What kind of processing are you running on the audio? Although a little too much 'bath-tub' I love the spaciousness it's giving on headphones. (assuming that's your vid OP)
28 Jan 2015, 14:37 PM

80 damage on main gun + ability, remove crit from ability and reduce cost slightly = M8 performs consistently against infantry and light vehicles and doesn't RNG squad wipe.

FYI, 80 damage is the same as the Stuart, which uses the same gun IRL.

That would balance the M8. No problem.

Well, T-70 also deals 40 dmg, yet one shots infantry if hit, so it would be enough to either increase rof or decrease scatter.

Improving damage on the other hand would make it effective against light armor, which only makes sense considering its 37mm gun of stuart.

I would love this thing to perform consistently instead of being "use ability, park in your base for the cooldown" unit, because with its current gun and MG performance, its T1 sturmtiger and nothing more.
28 Jan 2015, 14:43 PM

It´s OP you say? I LOVE IT! :bananadance:
28 Jan 2015, 14:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2015, 14:37 PMKatitof

Well, T-70 also deals 40 dmg, yet one shots infantry if hit, so it would be enough to either increase rof or decrease scatter.

Improving damage on the other hand would make it effective against light armor, which only makes sense considering its 37mm gun of stuart.

I would love this thing to perform consistently instead of being "use ability, park in your base for the cooldown" unit, because with its current gun and MG performance, its T1 sturmtiger and nothing more.

This ability is too much for early game. Not to mention how frustrating is it, to randomly lose infantry because against its hit and run canister shots.

Balance the base stats of the unit if you think its needed, but honestly, the thing just killed 5 men in a building with a single shot!

I think this ability should be fixed. Its AoE should be reduced, and its damage too. Meanwhile M8s main gun damage could be reviewed too.
28 Jan 2015, 15:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

It was a bad ability in COH1 and it's a bad ability in COH2. At they very least, it should be an ability that unlocks with vet.
28 Jan 2015, 15:42 PM

It was a bad ability in COH1 and...

Are you fucking high? There were no bad abilities in CoH1. I read these forums dude. Don't you?
28 Jan 2015, 15:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Are you fucking high? There were no bad abilities in CoH1. I read these forums dude. Don't you?

:D
28 Jan 2015, 15:49 PM

Don't blob up, plain and simple.
28 Jan 2015, 15:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

You don't have to wait for your opponent to blob. It can wipe lone squads no problem.

Should get nerfed imo, but don't hold your breath.
28 Jan 2015, 15:52 PM

FYI it's got nothing to do with blobbing. The ability does 40 (?) damage but it has a random action to deal a crit that deals 100% damage to infantry squads. It's one of the most egregious RNG issues.
28 Jan 2015, 16:09 PM

It's the only allied light vehicle which can be compared to Luchs in terms of effectiveness yet still needs tons of ammo to kill as many model as Luchs so...
Nerf canister shot only if luchs will be nefred.

Still useless vs schreck blob.
28 Jan 2015, 16:16 PM

Don't blob up, plain and simple.

doesnt change the fact thats its an almost guaranteed squad wipe everytime you use it. just pick the target of highest value once its off cd and watch it getting disintegrated. to be honest its actually okay against okw since you can wipe obers :snfPeter: and they usually float mp anyways. but vs ost its an unnecessary overkill

off topic: using that peter face isnt what it used to be :*(
28 Jan 2015, 16:33 PM

With the high cost per canister shot and the need to upgrade vehicle skirts, the greyhound prevents consistent use of BARs, so it evens out long-term. Take into account the close range required to execute the ability, its lack of defensive smoke, and the RNG nature of the shot itself. Sometimes it only kills 1-2 models because the squad spread out at the last second.

If they reduce the effectiveness of the Greyhound's main appeal factor, the unit will never be seen again. It's already pretty rare to see because the recon commander has such a lackluster set of abilities. I mean, based on the changes people have suggested right now, the Greyhound would be a four wheeled Stuart. What's the point?
28 Jan 2015, 16:40 PM

I mean, based on the changes people have suggested right now, the Greyhound would be a four wheeled Stuart. What's the point?

People would still use the Canister Shot. It would still be useful, and it would still murder infantry, but it would squad wipe less and feel like a more consistent ability. Isn't that what most players want?

By buffing the Greyhound's base damage but reducing the RNG factor of its main ability you make the unit more desirable, and less rage-inducing to fight against. There is no reason that it can't act as a 3 CP doctrinal alternative variant to the Stuart for those occasions where you may choose to forego the Captain tier. Often doctrinal units are designed to fill holes in your standard tech tree, so why not?

Besides, the Stuart would still be a better unit by default.
28 Jan 2015, 16:40 PM
Donator 11

i would like to see it's damage and it's aimtime (time to fire) reduced.
then it won't wipe but unavoidable damage inf.
same performance against blobs and single squads
After the shot just focus them down.
28 Jan 2015, 17:02 PM

doesnt change the fact thats its an almost guaranteed squad wipe everytime you use it. just pick the target of highest value once its off cd and watch it getting disintegrated. to be honest its actually okay against okw since you can wipe obers :snfPeter: and they usually float mp anyways. but vs ost its an unnecessary overkill

off topic: using that peter face isnt what it used to be :*(
Greyhound will die to shrecks, and the OKW has the Luchs which is on the same level as the the M8 and Obers gun down squads almost as fast as the canister shot. I agree that it is ok against OKW targets... OP against Wehr. So OKW has more units that pretty much kill as fast as canister shot. "OMG NERF ANYTHING THAT CAN KILL OVERPERFORMING OKW UNITS!":megusta:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★